4 Year Old DPT w/ Swollen & Red Arm

Old April 8th 05, 07:21 PM
Billy

Default 4 Year Old DPT w/ Swollen & Red Arm

My 4 year old daughter received the last DPT shot required here in NJ. Two
days after, her arm is extremely swollen and red. Is this a normal reaction?

Old April 8th 05, 08:05 PM
dkhedmo

My son had the same reaction, his arm was sore and red (decreasing) for
about a week or so. He was veyr, veyr sorry for himself and requied a
lot of babying over it. I talked to the advice nurse at our ped's office
and she said this was within the range of normal, the extreme edge, but
normal. He had also had a reaction to the second one, had a lump in his
arm at the injection site for over a year. The doctor thinks its a
rection to the tetanus portion, so unfortunately he may experience it
again in the future when tetanus gets updated.

-Karen, mom to Henry almost 5 and William almost 1-

Old April 8th 05, 08:18 PM
JennP

"Billy" wrote in message
news
My 4 year old daughter received the last DPT shot required here in NJ. Two
days after, her arm is extremely swollen and red. Is this a normal

reaction?

It's not unusual. My ds had an itchy red spot for several days then a knot
at the injection site that lasted for a couple of months.

JennP.

Old April 8th 05, 08:24 PM

Billy wrote:
My 4 year old daughter received the last DPT shot required here in

NJ. Two
days after, her arm is extremely swollen and red. Is this a normal

reaction?

I don't know how normal it is, but the last time I got my own tetanus
booster shot my arm was quite swollen and sore for days afterwards.
Not fun, but it went away.

Beth

Old April 8th 05, 09:31 PM
dejablues

"JennP" wrote in message

"Billy" wrote in message
news
My 4 year old daughter received the last DPT shot required here in NJ.

Two
days after, her arm is extremely swollen and red. Is this a normal

reaction?

It's not unusual. My ds had an itchy red spot for several days then a knot
at the injection site that lasted for a couple of months.

Heck, I missed three days of work the last time I got a tetanus shot! My arm
was swollen, hot, red, and couldn't be lifted. Ow!

Old April 9th 05, 03:36 AM
Billy

Thanks all. The arm is much less red after 24 hrs of appearing and the
swelling is lessening,

nk.net...