child support review objection

Old December 18th 07, 07:05 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default child support review objection

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in news:WZH9j.24065$Qf1.4937
@newsfe07.phx:

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in news:B0A9j.24038$Qf1.21467
@newsfe07.phx:

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 33.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

He has the right to, but doesn't our daughter deserve to

see
both of
her
parents regularly?

No. That's why you don't allow it.

I allow it. He can see his daughter whenever he wants to.

In case you were not aware, seeing someone requires both a

time
AND
a place.

It also requires not being 10 hours away.

Nah, REALLY? I thought I had that covered by a "place".

Ok, so he doesn't have a place to see her that is not 10 hours

away.

But he HAS a place, doesn't he.

Not close enough to her.

Thanks to YOU.

How is it my fault he moved?

Since that's not my claim, you tell me.

Can you prove it's not your claim?

Old December 18th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

"Chris" wrote in
:

He cannot be an active parent from 10 hours away. Neither could I
.If he wants to reduce himself to being a visitor in her life, and
not a parent, there is not much I can do about it.

That's correct; but you can do EVERYTHING about YOUR choice to
reduce him to such status.

It was not my choice.

Untrue.

In what way was it my choice for him to move?

I wasn't aware that it was.

I want him to be an active parent.

No you don't.

Uh yes, I do.

Prove it.

I should not have
to give up my own rights as a parent in order to facilitate his
parenting time.

But he should.

When did I say that?

That's right, he shouldn't because he CAN'T! Cannot give up that which you
don't have.

The fact that we both have rights to her

...... is nonsense.

means
neither one of us supersedes the other.

Old December 18th 07, 07:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
"teachrmama" wrote in message

news:_bOdnSvRiLd3sfranZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough

have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

It's a simple "YES'" or "NO" question. Please answer it
that
way.

It's a loaded question, so I was qualifiying my "yes".

It's not loaded at all. A loaded question forces the
respondent to
admit by implication to something regardless of how they
answer.
NOT
the case here. Either handing the money to the parent
supports a
child
or it does not. Which is it?

The act of handing money to the child's custodial parent does
not
automatically support the child.

BINGO! See how simple the answer is?

A responsible and honest custodial
parent will use those funds to help support their child. It's
not a
simple yes or no question.

I'm all
for a system requiring accountability.

Translation: "I'm all for a system requiring a man to

give
FREE
cash
to a
woman".

No, I'm all for a system that treats parents and children

as
fair
as
possible. I think parents have financial obligations to
their
children, but for basic needs, not anything more.

Hence your error. Money does NOT equal basic needs. Ever

see
child
eat a dollar bill?

So how are goods and serviced procured for a child without m
oney
changing hands somewhere?

Perhaps you should ask the first people to walk the Earth. I'm
sorry,
how
DUMB of me! Everyone knows that money existed before people

did.
Otherwise,
there would be no goods or services for their children. Guess

really
blew
THAT one.......

What do you permit your renters to give to you in lieu of money
when
they
have no money, Chris? Nuts and berries?

Who said that I permit them to give me ANYTHING? WIth all due
respect,
my
contract with tenants simply aint' your business.

Well, Chris, you did state in antoher post that you walked into
living
space
of one of your renters and saw all sorts of Christmas presents, but
they
hadn't paid rent, so you evicted them. Were they attempting to

take
your
advice and live without money? But you evicted them anyway?

My only advice to them was "pay or quit". And then, ONLY because it

is
mandated by law.

Child support is mandated by law, Chris.

And yet I have never paid a dime in child support which will be 17

years
next month. :-)

Is there a court order for you to do so? Or do you have it worked out
another way?

I received 50/50 custody when my daughter was less than2 years old, over
the objections of her mother who didn't want me to have ANY overnights,

And it has worked out well? Did mom come to accept the arrangement? And
has it worked out well for your daughter as well? I am all for 50/50
custody as the default option whenever it is possible.

No you're not; unless, of course, "possible" is unilaterally defined by the
mother or her designated advocate.

Old December 18th 07, 07:22 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
news

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in

:

We're talking about contributing to the child in the family, not
trading
with some retailer.

How do you contribute materially to a child without acquiring said
good
and
services?

Why don't you ask the first people who walked the Earth.

Because they are not longer with us.

You actually took me literally! LOL

No, Chris, I simply responded to your idiotic statement. In our modern
society money is a necessity. If it were not, you would not be so h*ll-bent
on collecting every penny of rent due to you, and evicting those with the
audacity to not pay.

Old December 18th 07, 07:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 33.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

You didn't answer the rest of my question. Are you talking about
financial
contributions?

I suppose if one could gain nourishment from chewing on a dollar

bill,
then the answer would be "yes". Sewing enough of them together could
probably provide clothing too. For that matter, with an ample supply
you might even be able to provide warmth by burning them.

If there was some way he could provide his share of her expenses by
procuring those goods and services for her directly, I would be all
for
that.

Untrue.

The thing is, he's not here, parenting her, to be able to.

Nor is she there where he is able to parent her. And whose choice,

again,
is
it that she is not there?

His, of course. He moved.

Based on the premise that it is impossible for children to move.

Prove it, Chris.

Old December 18th 07, 07:26 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 33.102...
"Chris" wrote in
news
"Chris" wrote in
news

I was unaware that it is illegal for a parent to move beyond a
certain distance away from their child. Just curious: is it by
way of road or by way of crow?

Driving miles.

How many miles is it, and what is the prison sentence for living
beyond that distance? Got any cites?

I've cited it at least twice already:

http://courts.michigan.gov/SCAO/reso...anuals/focb/cp
_c hange.pdf

Dead site.

Not so. Works just fine for me.

Tried it once again, and here is what comes up:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed,
or is temporarily unavailable.
----

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your
browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

----

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for
the
words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search
for
topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About
Custom
Error Messages.

Why do you act as if I am in the wrong for saying that I would
call
the
police if he kidnapped her?

The above question is a textbook example of clouded thinking. How
exactly
does one "act" is if someone is wrong?

You seem to have the presumption that anything I do to try and
protect my child and my own parental rights is the wrong thing to
do.

Now it's "my" child again. LOL
What seems to be and what actually is are often different.

Why do you keep remarking on how I address my daughter? She has two
parents...

Yeah, but it meanders depending on whether you are talking about
rights or talking about responsibilities. Same kind of tactic used in
government "child support" propaganda. No surprise here.

She has two parents regardless whether we are talking about rights or
responsibilities. Both of her parents have both!

No they don't. Why is it that you keep making false claims yet NEVER
support
them? Do you REALLY expect me to believe unsubstantiated claims?

Why not? You expect us to believe yours!!

Old December 18th 07, 07:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

He didn't, what is your point. He never stated that he was leaving
townb to get away from me specifically.

I see. He assumed that you were just going to hop in the car and ride
along. Then when you didn't, he was totally shocked, but decided to
not share that with you. Got it.

He didn't ask anyone else to go with him, either.. was he moving away
from
them, specifically, too?

The difference being that you were MARRIED. Forget that part?

No, actually, they were divorced and had been for quite some time.

Old December 18th 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Animal02[_2_]

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough
to have
custody of such child]
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
. 17.102...
"Chris" wrote in
:

[...]

see a
[...]

Yes, it has worked out fine... to took a bit of time for her mom to get
"beaten" into submission........I think it was the judge threatening her
with jail time if she disregarded another of his orders.
My daughter will graduate this spring from one of the all girls schools
in the metro area (carrying a 4.0 right now) and has already been
accepted to Grand Valley which is where she really wants to go. Her mom
and I did the parent teacher conferences together throughout, and even co
sponsored a few parties for her......Last New Year's eve, she had a party
at my house, I became quite ill, so her mother ended up supervising the
party at my house while I stayed in bed.
At this point, she sort of decides where she stays....she has her own car
and goes back and forth.......(typically if she wants to entertain
friends, it is at my house)

I'm so glad it worked out well for all of you. I have seen quite a number
of 50/50 custody situations work out equally well. Even one where the
parents can't stand each other, but they each have her half the time.

That was the way we were for the first 5-7 years.

Old December 18th 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"teachrmama" wrote

"Animal02" wrote

"teachrmama" wrote ...

"Animal02" wrote

.................................................. ............
[...]

====
And the key is for the parents to realize that the matter has zero to do
with them,
and 100% has to do with the child(ren). That's it--period.

Old December 18th 07, 01:18 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Sarah Gray" wrote
"Gini" wrote

"Sarah Gray" wrote
"Gini" wrote

===
Well, it's actually money given to the CP to use as she pleases as
long as the kid isn't starving.

Nope. Not all custodial parents are women. Most, maybe, but not all.
Therefore Chris's statement is wrong, and so is yours.

=====
What is it about my statement that is wrong?

Your use of "she".

===
Well, that might be wrong if I used "she" 100% of the time instead of
90% of the time. Using "she" one time is not wrong.