Is 1k a month support 2 kids too little for 51k salary?

Old August 8th 08, 09:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
jean paul sartre

Default Is 1k a month support 2 kids too little for 51k salary?

Hi, I have a question... Does anybody have an idea about this?

I live/work in Washington DC- I have two toddlers with a woman in NY.
I earn (before taxes) 51k a year.

We don't have a formal arrangements with the courts for child support.
I send her 1k a month and I help out with medical expenses as they show
up.
Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??

Old August 9th 08, 06:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"jean paul sartre" wrote in

Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??

If they find out that you can easy pay $300 per month, they'll go for
more!

The state gets payed a commission from the feds forevery dollar they
collect, thereis no ceiling on this commission either. Don't assume any
logic or common sense when it comes to C$ agencies, they are freeking insane
and their self importance drives them to new heights of arrogance.

Every dollar you give them, helps to support their useless
existance!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 12th 08, 08:10 PM posted to alt.child-support
jean paul sartre

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:37:37 -0700, teachrmama wrote:

You don't mention how much the mother earns. It makes a difference.

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question... Does anybody have an idea about this?

I live/work in Washington DC- I have two toddlers with a woman in NY. I
earn (before taxes) 51k a year.

We don't have a formal arrangements with the courts for child support.
I send her 1k a month and I help out with medical expenses as they show
up.
Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??

She earns very little. She works part time and moved in with her mother.
Old August 13th 08, 02:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:37:37 -0700, teachrmama wrote:

You don't mention how much the mother earns. It makes a difference.

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question... Does anybody have an idea about this?

I live/work in Washington DC- I have two toddlers with a woman in NY. I
earn (before taxes) 51k a year.

We don't have a formal arrangements with the courts for child support.
I send her 1k a month and I help out with medical expenses as they show
up.
Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??

She earns very little. She works part time and moved in with her mother.

Ok. Look on alllaw.com, at the child support calculators. You will have to
use the state the child lives in. It will show approximately what you would
have to pay with a court order. I am not sure whether it includes child
care into the calculation.

Old August 17th 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..
"teachrmama" wrote in message

[...]

For what it's worth, courts NEVER order someone to pay less. In other words,
they order a minimum; not a maximum.

Old August 17th 08, 11:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob W

"Chris" wrote in message

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

.
.
[...]

Perhaps I'm unique, but I was ordered to pay less CS after the CS guidelines
were implemented. The irony was I had more income than when the original CS
order was made yet the modification of the CS order using the new guidelines
dropped the amount paid down about $150 per month.

I have to admit the above is why I don't think the CS guidelines are that
unreasonable. But I did think paying CS, SS, and income taxes that took 75%
of my gross income was way over the top.

Old August 18th 08, 12:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Bob W" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

=================
I think it probably depends on what state you are in. Some states take out
way more than others. We were really rocked financially when my husband got
hit with CS and arrearages, but we survived. They tried to force him to
change to another insurance option at work that they thought would be more
convenient for his older daughter, but would have put all of us over 2 hours
from medical care. The attorneys where he worked stepped in and told them
no. If we had been hit with the cost of that insurance (much more
expensive), plus child care, on top of the CS order, it would have wiped us
out. The CS itself was doable, even though it was far more per month than
we spent on both of our daughters.

Old August 18th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob W

"Bob W" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

I was just making a point about how the CS guidelines helped me. Before the
guidelines were in existence the judges had a free shot to screw NCP
fathers. They didn't explain how they came up with the amounts ordered,
what incomes they used, etc. They just flipped out a bunch of numbers. In
fact, the only thing the judge in my case mentioned was the Lyin' Lenore
Weitzman line of BS about how I would recover very quickly in the future. I
read that to mean the judge knew she was screwing me in the short-term under
the assumption I would be okay in the future. Of course, now we know the
concept of men recovering financially very quickly after divorce was based
on erroneous research calculations by Weitzman and her 10 year cover-up and
denials of the mistakes that cost a bunch of us big dollars because the
"recovery" demonstrated by her research calculations was never real.

Old August 18th 08, 01:55 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Bob W" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

I know, Bob. I wasn't criticizing you.