Any lawyers want to sue to make child support unconstitutional?

Old August 6th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
Ray Gordon

Default Any lawyers want to sue to make child support unconstitutional?

I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to pay
for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because if I did, I'd lose my constitutional
rights and could wind up in prison for failure to pay child support, which
effectively makes it a debtor's prison.

This is the SOLE reason I choose not to have children.

The child support laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the
Constitution because it puts poor men at risk of prison, while wealthy men
do not have this risk.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old August 7th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
Mike

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:09:23 -0400, "Ray Gordon" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to
pay
for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because if I did, I'd lose my constitutional
rights and could wind up in prison for failure to pay child support, which
effectively makes it a debtor's prison.

So, as a public service, you decided to post this to
alt.support.single-parents. Nice.

This is the SOLE reason I choose not to have children.

That's not what I heard.

The child support laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the
Constitution because it puts poor men at risk of prison, while wealthy men
do not have this risk.

Ya wingnut.

As a single father with custody who pays $1000 / month in daycare during the
summer, I would have to object as well. Just excuse one parent from all
financial responsibility?! ooohh... don't get me started...

Old August 7th 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
YooperBoyka

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
om...
I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to
pay for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because if I did, I'd lose my constitutional
rights and could wind up in prison for failure to pay child support, which
effectively makes it a debtor's prison.

This is the SOLE reason I choose not to have children.

....the same way a porcupine chooses not to fly.

Old August 7th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
P. Fritz

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:09:23 -0400, "Ray Gordon" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to
pay
for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because if I did, I'd lose my constitutional
rights and could wind up in prison for failure to pay child support, which
effectively makes it a debtor's prison.

So, as a public service, you decided to post this to
alt.support.single-parents. Nice.

This is the SOLE reason I choose not to have children.

That's not what I heard.

The child support laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the
Constitution because it puts poor men at risk of prison, while wealthy men
do not have this risk.

Ya wingnut.

How do you know the OP is a Detroit hockey fan?

Old August 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

Ray Gordon wrote:
I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to pay
for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because

Bull****!

Sam

Old August 7th 06, 10:25 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

I paid child support - gladly. Those are my kids too. I never felt my
"constitutional rights" to be infringed in any way. Now they're all
grown up and I still send them money.
It's just what a responsible father does.

Sam

Some people should just *not* have children, and, thankfully, the OP claims
to have no children.
Any responsible parent - mother or father - should help to support their
children, as yes, you put it great when you said, "Those are my kids too."

Old August 8th 06, 02:54 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:35:18 -0400, "P. Fritz" paulfritz ATvoyager
DOTnet the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:51:13 -0400, "P. Fritz" paulfritz ATvoyager
DOTnet the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

How do you know the OP is a Detroit hockey fan?

My apologies to the Detroit fans!

Next, you will be complaining about you (insert non functioning appliance)
being on the fritz!!!! ;-)

LOL... Oh the possibilities.

grin I saw the possibilities myself and had to sit on my hands to be
a good girl......something tells me Paul is well aware of the
possibilities LOL!

Old August 8th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

xkatx wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:
"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Google that guy. That'll tell you everything you need to know.

I did the best job of being a father I could. I suppose I could have
been a better one. I was a cop for 25 years and cops have a high
divorce rate. But I always stayed in their lives - made as many
birthdays, dance recitals, soccer games as I could. I took them school
shopping or just out to lunch. Never missed a child support payment.
But being a cop was in my blood. I'm third generation law enforcement.
When I joined SWAT, my first wife decided that that was enough. I don't
blame her. Later she married a nice, quiet, school teacher.

Sam

Old October 15th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
enquiring minds

Ray Gordon wrote:

I'd be willing to be the Plaintiff. If you're not a lawyer, and want to pay
for one for me, I'd do it too.

I have no children, primarily because if I did, I'd lose my constitutional
rights and could wind up in prison for failure to pay child support, which
effectively makes it a debtor's prison.

Wrong. Refusing to pay will send you to prison. An inability to pay
will not.
Don't confuse the two. If after the sadness of losing losing your wife
to divorce,
you slip through the cracks in depression and don't qualify for any
financial assistance
and resort to dumpster diving to support yourself, you obviously have no
means to pay child
support. You will not go to prison not having the means to pay child
support.

This is the SOLE reason I choose not to have children.

It is a good reason not to have children and there are many more good
reasons, too.
But with the million of good women who don't want to get married, why
even bother with that.

The child support laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the
Constitution because it puts poor men at risk of prison, while wealthy men
do not have this risk.

Poor men in any society can only afford to work and have a few beers
because the rest of the money
must to support the wife and kids. That is true in all cultures on the
planet.

Wealthy men can by anything they want and make as many mistakes as they
wish because they have the money
or pay for whatever they want.
Old October 15th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,soc.men,alt.support.single-parents
Sexual Imagery Guidance Counselor

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:49:39 GMT, in article
, enquiring minds
spewed forth....
Ray Gordon wrote:

[...]

If such men are in no condition to support a child, they should use a
little thing called a CONDOM... or abstain from sex completely.

And yes, the same applies to women... it's called BIRTH CONTROL... use
it.

--
"Eloquence is hard!" - Talking G.I. Joe

"Fact-free cow**** claim fails" - Andre sympathises with Joe

FACT: Female is Nature's default gender setting