Galluzzo Case has moved to USSC

Old November 7th 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
paceakron

Default Galluzzo Case has moved to USSC

I apologize for the length of this but I am asking for help in several
areas and going to bring you up to speed on several new projects and
major news. Please pass this information to everyone that you have
contact with in your daily life and every list that you are on via
internet. The more people this reaches, the better our chance of
success and the greater the impact on the future of society and equal
rights for our and future generations.

First and foremost, the following press release was issued and needs to
be passed along to any media contacts that you may have. We can NOT
allow this issue to die without a hard fought battle.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 26, 2006

Contact: Michael Galluzzo or Ray Lautenschlager

FIRST OF ITS KIND WRIT OF CERTIORARI DEMANDING EQUAL RIGHTS FOR BOTH
PARENTS IN DIVORCE FILED WITH U.S. SUPREME COURT

A father of 2 children battling for equal time with them for over
twelve years, Michael Galluzzo, has filed a Petition for Writ of
Certiorari (06-7267) to the U.S. Supreme Court. Galluzzo filed in
response to the ongoing deprivation of his, and a estimated 25 million
other "non-custodial" parents', constitutional rights. Unlawful
denial of parental rights has become standard procedure in many state
family courts for decades in spite of Supreme Court rulings and the
equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.
This constitutional challenge to Ohio custody statutes could apply in
many states. The authority of any state to deprive a fit parent of
custody in a divorce without a finding of unfitness by a clear and
convincing standard is not granted under the U.S. Constitution and many
other clear U.S. Supreme Court rulings. However, state courts have
been ignoring this for decades. We now know from over 200 scientific
studies that being raised in a single parent home is very damaging to
children compared to equal access to both parents. Originally filed in
April 2001, this case has worked its up way through the system.
The Court has upheld the rights of parents to raise their children
without undue interference from the state for the past 80 plus years in
such cases as Stanley v. Illinois (1971), Santosky v. Kramer (1982),
and Troxel v. Granville (2000). Parental rights are paramount to
freedom and the pursuit of happiness. The Equal Protection Clause under
the Fourteenth Amendment does not allow the placing of citizens into
artificially created separate classes (custodial and non-custodial),
without a finding, by clear and convincing evidence, of unfitness of
one of the parents. Therefore these courts are acting
unconstitutionally.
This case is the seminal case in a long history of U.S. Supreme Court
fundamental parental rights cases that should properly establish
constitutionally compliant procedures between suitable and fit parents
in a divorce situation with children. The Court has addressed the
rights of adoptive parents, grandparents, unwed parents, single
parents, unfit parents, state agencies, and legal guardians but NOT
divorced parents. The ultimately critical, and unresolved, issue
remaining is the determination of the rights of fit parents in a
divorce situation.
# # #

Further Information and Background

A Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court is a
request for the court to order a lower court to obey existing laws
indicating their interpretation of these or actions are not lawful. The
actual Petitions are now posted at www.PACEgroup.org along with
additional information or you may contact Michael Galluzzo at
(937-663-4505) ( I have blocked Mike's email
address to afford him some privacy) or Ray Lautenschlager at
(330-612-8479).

Laws and individual orders against "fundamental" constitutional
rights have a level of review called "strict scrutiny" applied.
See Santosky v. Kramer (U.S. SJC 1982). "To terminate (or even
limit?) Parental rights, the state must prove allegations of parental
neglect or misconduct by "clear and convincing evidence."

In fact most family courts ignore these requirements and terminate one
parent's custody without cause thousands of times every day in the
U.S. Many say this is because of the billions of dollars in federal
incentives received by states to increase child support collections and
many billions more in legal fees generated by custody battles.
"Shared Parenting" legislation, requiring a presumption of equal
time with both parents, is being fought for in several states and is a
trend likely to address this problem at the state level. A ruling by
the U.S. SJC would accelerate this process and likely prevent the
further harm of millions of children caught up in this government
bureaucracy which has lost touch with the real needs of families and
children and is still living in the 1950's.

Decades of scientific research including over 200 studies have proven
children do much better when they have equal time with both parents by
every measure. Many social pathologies like crimes, mental illness,
teen pregnancy, delinquency and others are greatly reduced, compared to
children brought up in single parent homes with visitation.

Recently the Anna Nicole Smith case (Marshal v. Marshal U.S. SJC May
2006) also ruled that the federal courts must act as a check and
balance by looking at these state cases. The U.S. SJC stated that
"the lower courts have been abusing the domestic relations
exception" which puts divorce in the jurisdiction of the states.
Family courts seem to have run off the tracks from this lack of
oversight for decades.

Secondly, we need your help NOW! There was a study done on divorces in
Champaign County that was independently financed but needs additional
financing to be finalized ASAP. The study covers divorces from
1990-2004 and covers a variety of statistics from temporary to
permanent custody and child support. From what I have seen of the
stats, there is a nearly 100% bias against fathers. In order to get
the report finished and released to the public, we need about $1000 to
get it finished. Your help is urgently needed. This report will be
used in the Galluzzo case before the USSC.

Why should you help?

The release of this report will have a profound impact on the
allegations of bias in the courts. It will be hard to deny that it
exist when the proof is in the hand. In conjunction with other issues
coming to the forefront, this will be another valuable asset. But
again, we need this report done this week in order to incorporate it
into the USSC filings. We are hoping that the incorporation of this
report will be an additional incentive for the USSC to accept our
cases.

Just a few dollars from everyone on this list will help defray the cost
and help all of us. This is a time to step forward and be counted.
Don't delay, we need it yesterday!

Send your support to:

Michael Galluzzo
P.O. Box 710
St. Paris, Ohio 43072

And finally, with the Galluzzo case now at the United States Supreme
Court level, I am reminded of a story I heard years ago concerning Roe
v Wade. When that case was presented to the court for review, a massive
letter writing campaign supposedly took place by women and their
families expressing to the court their wishes that it hear their issues
in that case be heard. Now I have never been able to fully confirm this
story but it could just be possible that this did take place.

Mike Galluzzo, Chuck Evans and I have discussed this at length and have
made the decision to go ahead and do a massive letter writing campaign
to the high Court. What can they do besides ignore the letters as ex
parte communications? But can you imagine the desks of every Supreme
court Justice as they fill with letters from concerned fathers,
mothers, grandparents and children as we ask them to hear and decide
what the rights of every fit parent truly is?

With the case now docketed, the time to start is now in writing your
letters. If you follow this link, you will find a pre-written letters
from a Grandparent, a Father, A Mother, and a child. All I am asking
you to do is download the letter or letters of your choice and mail
them to each of the Justices of the United States Supreme Court. Each
download will be pre-addressed to each of the Supreme Court justices. I
have made this even easier by providing mailing labels that can be
printed on a simple Avery style mailing label (5160).

I ask also that you pass this information on to all lists and contacts
so that they may help us to accomplish our goal. I would like nothing
more than to see the mailroom at the Supreme Court flooded with these
letters.

Please say your prayers that our requests and this case are well
received by the court so that we get a definitive answer on the rights
of fit parents and our right to equality and due process within the
courts properly decided.

Old November 7th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

This all sounds great!

A couple of questions:

1. What happens to money over the $1000 collected?

2. Where can we read more about this report that the $1000 are needed for?

3. You mention letter downloads but there is no link provided. Where
can I find them?

- Ron ^*^

Old November 9th 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.child-support
Akron

Werebat wrote:
This all sounds great!

A couple of questions:

1. What happens to money over the $1000 collected?

Any extra moneys will be used by Mike to help defry his costs to bring
this case forward.
We have estaimated that had this been done by an attorney instead of
being a pro se effort, the legal bill would now be close to $800,000
and we have not even finished.
Mike told me that his cost to mail the petition to all parties and the
high Court were $100 in just postal fees.

2. Where can we read more about this report that the $1000 are needed for?

As soon as we have the report in hand it will be posted at
www.pacegroup.org. This site also has all the filings for this case and
all you have to do is follow the links in the buttons at the top of the
page under Galluzzo.

3. You mention letter downloads but there is no link provided. Where
can I find them?

http://www.pacegroup.org/pace_093.htm

Unfortunately this list does not support HTML and the link was within
the orginal text.

Anyone seeking additional information can contact me off this list at
or use the email button on the site

- Ron ^*^