Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 9th 04, 06:57 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
History makes very little reference to the slaves of the Greeks.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...greece+slavery

77,500 hits on ancient greece slavery.

Look at the first couple.

ancient greece mathematics only gets a little more with 112,000 hits.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 9th 04, 07:57 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
toto wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:52:41 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:44:45 -0500, toto wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:47:02 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

Bush speaks excellent English.

Here are a few of Bush's malapropisms.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 21, 2004

Where is the error? He's talking like his audience.

"This has been tough weeks in that country."
—George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2004

(note the lack of agreement between subject and verb here)

"This" is the subject and "has been" is the verb. They agree very well.

Sorry. It should be These have been tough weeks. Or This has been
a tough week. I mispoke what the error actually was.

"Obviously, I pray every day there's less casualty."
—George W. Bush, Fort Hood, Texas, April 11, 2004

No big deal here. He doesn't want to see one killed or
more than one killed.

Then it should be I pray every day there are less casualties.
It's still incorrect.

Close, but no cigar.

The proper statement is, "I pray every day there are fewer casualties."

(not bothering with the rest of this -- this particular error annoys me.)

meh

Old June 9th 04, 11:00 AM
R. Steve Walz

Charley Brown and Almighty Snoopy wrote:

yep everyone who states the truth be a racist..

---------------------
Racism ain't any truth, you racist ****!
Steve
Old June 9th 04, 11:47 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:57:16 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
History makes very little reference to the slaves of the Greeks.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...greece+slavery

77,500 hits on ancient greece slavery.

Well, you probably didn't go to school, but, if you did, you would
probably see that, when you study Ancient Greek Civilization, very
little is said about slavery. They concentrate on the vast number of
things the Greeks contributed to the world and that western civilization
adopted today.

Look at the first couple.

ancient greece mathematics only gets a little more with 112,000 hits.

lojbab

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 9th 04, 11:52 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:54:01 GMT, "Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD"
wrote:

"Holger Dansk" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:44:38 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:03:11 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

They wouldn't know what to do. There would not be anyone to tell them
what to do.
-----------------
They knew what to do, they had been doing it FOR their masters for
ages.

Just like the black savages in Africa who have killed so many of the
white farm owners. They worked in the field on some of these farms,
but, after killing the boss, they don't know how to operate the farm so
it just becomes a wasteland or goes back to undeveloped land.

Holger
--------------------
Nonsense, the racist friends of white slavers who had worked the
blacks cut off the seed supply, and the republicans here decided
not to help them. Sort of: "If us rich white guys can't own it
all, then nobody can, even the people who deserve to!"

Hehehehehehehe. How ridiculous. Where did you get that clap trap?
That's really silly. Laborers can not run businesses. Do you really
think that, if all of the management left a general motors or Ford
plant, then the laborers could just take it over and run it?
Hehehehehehehehehe.

Get serious. :-)

Holger

If you can't see how savage many of the blacks are in Africa, then, I'm
sure people feel sorry for you.

You don't have a correct conception of what is right and wrong.

Brother Holger;

I feel that poor Stevie is slipping over the edge, and onto that long
slippery slope to becoming a total ranting idiot.

Please, continue in your assistance !

Jasper

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 9th 04, 11:58 AM
Holger Dansk

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:05:20 -0500, toto wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:28:05 GMT, Holger Dansk
wrote:

You proved my point. As far as you are concerned, all *white* people speak
good English, even when their English is atrocious (aka GW Bush). Thank you
for your honesty.

Just because Bush speaks excellent English does not mean all white
people do.

Bush doesn't speak excellent English though. He cannot pronounce
nuclear (neither could some other presidents). He uses incorrect
words. His tenses don't agree with the subjects or objects in his
sentences. Aside from that his words don't even make sense when
he speaks *off the cuff.*

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Old June 9th 04, 12:20 PM
R. Steve Walz

Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Circe wrote:

So what? "High" cultures the world over (and particularly in

Europe)
had
slavery (and children slaves) for thousands of years. One of the
reasons
that the wealthy in the Greek and Roman culture (who produced

most
of
the
art and literature that we admire today) *were* wealthy was

because
they
relied on slave labor to produce surplus goods and earn their

money
for
them. Wow, what a wonderful achievement, eh?
----------------
Actually no, they bred horrible sadness by the thousands of lives.

were you there ?
-----------------
Sure was.

did you actually see this 'horrible sadness' ???
--------------
Oh yes!

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such

incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

'those people' were illiterate.........they would have subsisted,
nothing
more
--------------------
They were deprived of their rightful education in that society.
Also, anyway, reading was not much use at that time, a toy, nothing
more.

Instead it fed and clothed and pampered vain plutocrats and

sycophants
who made war to steal from all of Europe.

and incidentally kept 'those people' from starving due to their own
inability to do anything more than simply survive under starvation
conditions
-----------------------
Nonsense. The slaves did that themselves.

Our rich do the same thing today!!!

so move to 'Da Mudda Lann' where everyone is poor
---------------------------
Ain't any, you ridiculous lying piece of ****!

the extent of your intellectual bankruptcy is fully exposed by your

remarks
above

-----------------
No, it isn't, instead YOUR intellectual NON-EXISTENCE is fully
exposed by your lamely ignorant and useless posturing without
ANY reasoned argument.

your total collapse and surrender is accepted

-------------------
You mean yours.
Steve
Old June 9th 04, 12:21 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:25:28 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:39:36 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

Dirk wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote in message
. ..
How does anyone think that it is right to not pronounce a lot of
common English words correctly?

Common English words like

Insurance
Umbrella
Install (commonly misused as a noun, btw)
Nuclear

...?

You have to have some loose screws to believe
that.

I've yet to hear you complain about Southern mispronunciations of
the following words. I imagine you think that it's either

a) correct, even though the dictionaries I've consulted do not
support "INsurance," "UMbrella", INstall", "Nookyouluhr" or "Ah"
even as alternative pronunciations; or

b) a lovable part of your heritage/culture/yadda yadda.

In either case--why don't you cut the brothers some slack already.
Sheesh. So long as the grammar's ok I don't really care if an
occasional "th" sound comes out like an "f", f'rinstance (a dialect
oddity some black Americans happen to share with Cockneys). Why do
you?

Moreoever, the current US President--a white man born with a silver spoon in
his mouth and privileged to have one of the best educations money can
buy--cannot pronounce "nuclear" or "sovereignty" plus a half dozen other
words correctly, regularly invents words (e.g. "misunderestimate"), and
often butchers grammar and syntax (e.g., "Is our children learning?"), but I
don't hear Holger complaining about that.

Bush speaks excellent English.

Holger

-------------
If you actually think so then you have fully demonstrated your
ignorance. Bush is so illiterate that he can't even pronounce the
name of a prison that has been in the top of the news for weeks
and for which HIS people on HIS watch stand accused! He manifests
a form of quite classic alcoholic mental dystonia that makes me
think that he was either a fetal alcohol-syndrome baby before that
was well-understood, and that Barbara has an alcoholic past, or
that he's poisoned one too many neurons, or that he was actually
born borderline retarded. and that this will come out eventually
and the coverup of it, and that for a retard that he is functioning
at an amazing level, that is, of course, for a retard!

You are a nitwit. You don't graduate from Yale without some ability.

--------------------------
Wrong. In the right family, YOU DO!
Steve
Old June 9th 04, 12:25 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:30:57 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On 8 Jun 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (Dirk) wrote:

[...]

Because I know how bad it sounds and how black people have such low
incomes, and that they could get better jobs if they would speak
correctly, dress correctly, sit and stand correctly, and walk correctly,
etc. Their lives would be so much better.

Holger

--------------
So if they did, then you mean, basically, that then superficial
human **** such as yourself and your few friends might very well
love them a lot more, eh? Now again!: Why in the WORLD would
they possibly actually WANT that?????!!

That's the problem. They don't seem to want good jobs and the good
life. They just want the "govmint" to give them money all the time.

-----------------------------
Nonsense. You really just don't even GET what is going on.
They are convinced that NO MATTER WHAT they do that white society
will find a way to deprive them. They are fully aware that for the
last century or more, blacks have worked the hardest in our society,
did the most grueling jobs, and never got anywhere! Are you deluded
enough to imagine they will trust you now?? They see it as one more
phony hoop to jump through you have devised to delay them, and they
hate you.

You need a more intelligent analysis, the problem is that you're
mentally incapable of devising one.
Steve
Old June 9th 04, 12:27 PM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:39:06 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:14:15 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

The Greeks had a great civilization. Much greater than the Romans.
They gave us many, many things. Not just some art and some literature.
----------------
Nonsense, they had the money to afford thinkers because they had
slaves once again, but they squandered it and most Athenians wasted
their money on high living, the few thinkers were a tiny minority.

The Greeks were not famous for being rich.

---------------
Which "Greeks", since they were totally different city states with
different laws, customs, and languages?? Sparta were militaristic
morons who served the state as their Gawd. Athenians kept lots of
slaves and lived in indolent luxury, unless, of course, you call
their slaves "Athenian", and then they surely DID NOT!! As for
them being rich, no they did not have plasma TV's backt then,
otherwise the only point you could have been making is ON YOUR HEAD!

Calm down. Everything is going to be all right. Take some of your
medication.

Lame. And then you cut-n-pasted encyclopedia material.

[deleted]

Steve

I don't think there is any mention of that in their history.

And that's only because YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ WORD ONE ABOUT
IT AND *ONLY* GOT WHAT YOU LAUGHABLY THINK YOU "know" FROM THE
MOVIES!!