How to wean your baby from a mothers point of view

Old December 16th 07, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

Default How to wean your baby from a mothers point of view

On Dec 15, 5:38 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
ups.com:

On Dec 15, 2:06 pm, Marie wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:19:11 -0800 (PST), mommak

wrote:
Yes... It is wrong to breastfeed a 4 year old. Even the
doctors will tell you that. We had Ariel broke from the
ninnie by one years old. She was very easy... It wasnot
us forcing her, she done it herself.
http://weaning-your-baby.blogspot.com

No, it's not "wrong" to breastfeed a 4 year old. You are
dead wrong there.
And doctors tell you ALOT of things that aren't
right...all of us have good examples if you need any...
Marie

well I guess it's whatever you like , but for me it seems a
bit odd to let a child that can talk an walkd and have a
conversaton suck on you boob, no no no no just plain
common sense shoul tell you better....you just enjoyed it
to much thats what it boils down to

well, he was walking at 6 months. that's *way* too early to
wean. he couldn't talk until after PT, so 2.5 years or so, but
he still wasn't ready to give up his comfort & i saw/see no
reason to deny a child something so simple.
i see that *you* have breast issues though, so there's no
point arguing with a ninnie.
and i can't wait to see your "toilet training tricks" hahaha
lee- Hide quoted text -

I ment not off the bottle just the boobie, we wouldnt dare take her
bottle away from her, not at one year old anyways
Old December 16th 07, 02:29 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 5:42 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
oups.com:

Our baby has never used a pacifer. And yes it is wrong to
breastfeed a 4 year old child, I believe it is ridculous.
Even the doctors will tell you to wean your baby around 1
years old.

neither did mine.
and doctors say no such thing about weaning at one year old.
the guidelines are to try to nurse until age 2 & longer if
possible. it maybe that bottle fed babies are usually weaned
to a cup around age one, but that's a whole different thing.
lee

oru breast feed baby has had no problem adjusting from the ninnie to a
bottle and she uses a cup on her on, we just dont allow her to nurse
from the ninnie anymore, and if thats what you did or thought was
right then there is nothing wrong with that...people do things
different ways
Old December 16th 07, 02:30 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 5:45 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
ups.com:

well yes I dont think you should breast feed all the way up
to 3, come dont that seem a bit much, A child should be
broke in my opinion around a year old and the Dr's opinion
also...and it worked out perfectly for me and my husband

no, it does NOT seem a bit much. breast milk is the most
nutritious food for growing babies & toddlers. it also
provides antibodies against disease. it should be obvious that
no one cares about *your* opinion. we care about raising happy
healthy babies.
and so what if it "worked out perfectly for you & your
husband"? what about your poor baby?
lee

shes in perfect condidion and I totally agree with you, we still give
her formula for the nutrition...adn the dr's say shes in tip top shape
Old December 16th 07, 02:31 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 5:52 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
oups.com:

It hasn't bothered her one bit. She is the happiest baby
you could ever meet. She is completely broke from the
ninnie. Even in the shower and bath she don't bother with
them. She don't want to suck on my ninnies. She still
drinks formula, but it is mornally only at night, if she
wakes up and can't go back to sleep. Weaning my baby wasn't
hard and she was ready for it. I don't believe in letting a
3 or 4 year old that can talk and carry on converstations
sucking your ninnies. A 4 year old only has 1 year before
school starts, so how is that child going to feel when he
or she is used to a ninnie and mommy ain't there to give
him or her one.

first of all, the word you want to use is BREAST.
second, if she's drinking formula from a bottle SHE'S NOT
WEANED, you idiot!
and third, my son started school at 3 years & 9 days, so he
was still nursing. he did just fine when i & my breasts
weren't around.
and it's nice having conversations with a nursing child.
lee

she is weaned from the BREAST you idiot, I didnt mean the bottle, you
can wean a child from the breast, thats what I am talking about
Old December 16th 07, 02:32 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 5:53 pm, Nan wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:22:11 -0800 (PST), mommak

wrote:
It hasn't bothered her one bit. She is the happiest baby you could
ever meet. She is completely broke from the ninnie. Even in the shower
and bath she don't bother with them. She don't want to suck on my
ninnies. She still drinks formula, but it is mornally only at night,
if she wakes up and can't go back to sleep. Weaning my baby wasn't
hard and she was ready for it. I don't believe in letting a 3 or 4
year old that can talk and carry on converstations sucking your
ninnies. A 4 year old only has 1 year before school starts, so how is
that child going to feel when he or she is used to a ninnie and mommy
ain't there to give him or her one.

Your use of grammar is embarrassing. Are you under-educated? No
wonder you "broke" your poor baby.

Nan

no I just type really fast, not uneducated by any means thank you
Old December 16th 07, 02:32 AM posted to misc.kids
Marie

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:23:05 -0800 (PST), mommak
wrote:
ask any doctor yourself when you should break a child from the ninnie
(or boob as some call it) it causes there teeth to protrude
inapropiately for some reason. do a search for yourself

Actually it's bottles that cause dental problems like that. You need
to do some research before you come back sounding even more idiotic.
Marie
Old December 16th 07, 02:32 AM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 12:02:52 -0800 (PST), mommak
wrote:

thas nice still not right in my book to let a child that is aware of
his or her suroundings to be letting suck your ninnies.

Infants are aware of their surroundings quite early. My babies were
actually holding their heads up and looking around from birth. Most
babies are aware of their surroundings from 3 or 4 months at the very
latest.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old December 16th 07, 02:33 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 5:57 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
oups.com:

Young children do NOT need toknow what a Tittie is, so like
I said before we use ninnie, cause it is not a vulgar.

it's a B-R-E-A-S-T BREAST breast breast. everyone has them. it
is NOT vulgar.
geez.
where do these people come from & how do they find anyone to
turn on the computer for them?
lee

not that breast are vulgar, but we prefer to call it a ninnie
Old December 16th 07, 02:34 AM posted to misc.kids
mommak

On Dec 15, 6:45 pm, enigma wrote:
mommak wrote
oups.com:

I said weaned off the ninnie not bottle, read the words
carefully

you said you had advice for weaning. apparently no one in the
world, except you, refers to breasts as ninnies, so i was
taking it as you weaned your child. obviously you have not.
you just transferred her means of comfort from a comfy warm
breast to a cold unfeeling bottle. w00t for you.
lots of working mothers have to transfer their children to
bottle when maternity leave is over, but it doesn't mean the
kids are weaned.
obviously you don't have a working understanding of the
meanings of the words you are bandying about.
come back when you grow up (so you use the proper terms, such
as breast) & you learn what weaning actually means.
thanks
lee

thank you for your wonderful insight and kind words, but uneducated
people only resort to negative and nasty gestures
Old December 16th 07, 02:35 AM posted to misc.kids
Marie

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:28:11 -0800 (PST), mommak
wrote:
I ment not off the bottle just the boobie, we wouldnt dare take her
bottle away from her, not at one year old anyways

Bottles are for the same thing as BREASTS, so why take the breast away
and not the bottle? How disgusting for a one year old to still be
sucking on a bottle.
Marie