Are we poisoning our kids?

Old May 6th 04, 11:28 PM
Deanna

Default Are we poisoning our kids?

I have recently started my own home based business built on a solid
foundation, and I would like to share some simple facts with you about
what the chemicals in our cleaning products are doing to our children.
Last year, in Alberta alone, 11,515 children ages 0-4 were
accidentally poisoned. The three top culprits: household cleaners,
medications, and BLEACH. Behavioral problems in children are being
linked to bleach, as well as learning problems. ADD/ADHD is becoming a
rising epidemic in schools today. This has long been linked to toxic
chemicals and mold. Ritalin is often overused, in my opinion, and it's
frustrating to me that all we need to do is remove the toxins-use
natural products-someone help me understand this.
Deanna
Old May 6th 04, 11:31 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 6, 2004

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

snip

ADD/ADHD is becoming a
rising epidemic in schools today. This has long been linked to toxic
chemicals and mold.

Do you think everyone is that stupid as to beleive that?

Ritalin is often overused, in my opinion,

But you cannot prove it.

and it's
frustrating to me that all we need to do is remove the toxins-use
natural products-someone help me understand this.

Sure,. You have got to get a better education and stop reading saleshype.

Deanna

Old May 6th 04, 11:57 PM
Jeff

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
I have recently started my own home based business built on a solid
foundation, and I would like to share some simple facts with you about
what the chemicals in our cleaning products are doing to our children.
Last year, in Alberta alone, 11,515 children ages 0-4 were
accidentally poisoned. The three top culprits: household cleaners,
medications, and BLEACH.

Cool. Put locks on these.

Behavioral problems in children are being
linked to bleach, as well as learning problems.

Only by fearmongoring salespeople.

Bull****. There is no evidence that toxic chemical and mold cause ADHD.

Ritalin is often overused, in my opinion, and it's
frustrating to me that all we need to do is remove the toxins-use
natural products-someone help me understand this.

All we have to do? Sorry, there is no magic pill for ADHD or any other
condition.

And there is nothing special about natural. If you want natural, go move
into the woods without running water, toilet paper, shelter or magazines.

ADHD is a neurological condition caused by differences in brains between
people with ADHD and people without ADHD.

Jeff

Deanna

Old May 7th 04, 04:34 PM
Deanna

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Do you happen to have any children? do you realize how easily
poisonings can happen?
Not true. Have you seen me try to sell anyone anything?I'm not saying
there is any magic pill. All I'm saying is that every time we turn
around, we're shoving drugs in our children's faces. It's simply a
band-aid to a much bigger problem.
Very witty. Congratulations. I believe there is something special
about natural-however,I respect your opinion for the opposite.
I know this as well. ADHD sufferers have a low level of seratonin in
the brain, as well as people suffering from depression. Griffonia seed
and St. John's Wort can help with both. And that is a fact.
Deanna
Old May 7th 04, 04:55 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
"M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 6, 2004" M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t

wrote in message
v.net...
"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

snip

ADD/ADHD is becoming a
rising epidemic in schools today. This has long been linked to toxic
chemicals and mold.

Do you think everyone is that stupid as to beleive that?

Ritalin is often overused, in my opinion,

But you cannot prove it.

and it's
frustrating to me that all we need to do is remove the toxins-use
natural products-someone help me understand this.

Sure,. You have got to get a better education and stop reading

saleshype.

Deanna

I'm sorry that you feel the need to personally attack my education,

What you postged has often come from the anti-science know-nothings.

however, this has nothing to do with my education-and this is not any
saleshype.

It is the regurgitation of well worn saleshype. I have read it all before,
you posted nothing new.

It's called RESEARCH.

No, it is properly called bull****.

Done by a doctor with amazing
credentials.

There are many quacks who have "amazing credentials." Since you did not post
the name of the person, you are engaging is the fallacious argument of false
appeal to authority.

Anyway, can you honestly say that Ritalin is not
overused?

Another fallacy. YOU claim that it is overused. Thus, YOU bear to proof that
it is. Just make sure that your proof applies to the entire population of
the US, not just some small geographic area.

I am not saying that ADD is not a horribly frustrating
problem for the person who has it. I happen to know a few people who
have it. I also know that natural supplements CAN immensely help with
it.

That is BULL****. There has never been any proof that *any* supplement can
help with it. Again, you have made a claim, i.e. that a natural supplement
can help. Thus, you can now post your proof, in the form of a well designed
scientific study, of said effect.

I most definitely am not saying that anybody reading this is
stupid. My education is not too shabby, either, thanks.

You are not welcome.

Old May 7th 04, 04:58 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
"Jeff" wrote in message

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That what locks are for.

Not true. Have you seen me try to sell anyone anything?I'm not saying
there is any magic pill. All I'm saying is that every time we turn
around, we're shoving drugs in our children's faces. It's simply a
band-aid to a much bigger problem.

Such as?

Very witty. Congratulations. I believe there is something special
about natural-however,I respect your opinion for the opposite.
I know this as well. ADHD sufferers have a low level of seratonin in
the brain,

Can you provide a scientific study that shows that AD/HD is linked to a low
level of serotonin? Did you know that the medications used to treat AD/HD
deal with dopamine, not serotonin? Do you know why? Can you figure it out?

as well as people suffering from depression. Griffonia seed
and St. John's Wort can help with both. And that is a fact.
Deanna

Do you "think" that you a re posting anything that is new?

Old May 7th 04, 11:17 PM
Deanna

"M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t wrote in message v.net...
"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
"Jeff" wrote in message

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
[...]

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you, yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.
Old May 8th 04, 01:39 AM
Jeff

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

(...)

Do you happen to have any children? do you realize how easily
poisonings can happen?

Yes.

Not true. Have you seen me try to sell anyone anything?

I never said you were.

I'm not saying
there is any magic pill. All I'm saying is that every time we turn
around, we're shoving drugs in our children's faces.

Really? Where are you from?

It's simply a
band-aid to a much bigger problem.
Very witty. Congratulations. I believe there is something special
about natural-however,I respect your opinion for the opposite.
I know this as well. ADHD sufferers have a low level of seratonin in
the brain, as well as people suffering from depression. Griffonia seed
and St. John's Wort can help with both.

And the evidence that this is true is where? I mean real evidence, in real
medical journals.

And that is a fact.

Actually, it is an opinion.

BTW, the main neuromodulator affected in ADHD appears to be dopamine, not
serotonin.

Jeff

Deanna

Old May 8th 04, 01:40 AM
Jeff

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

(...)

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you, yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.

In other words, Deanna can't back up his claims.

Jeff