When do the kids have the right?

Old August 28th 03, 11:51 PM
PapaPolarbear

Default When do the kids have the right?

My oldest daughter has been very anxious to change the living arrangements
we have (I have every second weekend) so that I have my daughters 2 weeks,
mom has them 2 weeks.

I'd do this now except that my ex will not discuss the scenario. At what age
can my daughter flex her muscle and ask the courts to change the order? I
have heard she will be taken seriously from about age 12.

Any comments?

Papa

Old August 29th 03, 01:40 AM
Clark Simmons

If you can find a good attorney, you should be able to submit a petition at any
time. It also depends on your state laws, also.

--
Regards,
Clark, Still Free in Round Rock Texas USA

"Tracy" wrote in message
newsqw3b.289733$uu5.64148@sccrnsc04...
"PapaPolarbear" wrote in message
. ..
My oldest daughter has been very anxious to change the living arrangements
we have (I have every second weekend) so that I have my daughters 2 weeks,
mom has them 2 weeks.

I'd do this now except that my ex will not discuss the scenario. At what

age
can my daughter flex her muscle and ask the courts to change the order? I
have heard she will be taken seriously from about age 12.

Any comments?

I believe it is typically 13-14, but in truth it really depends on the
judge. I suggest you seek the opinion of an attorney who knows the judges.
You'll learn more from them than from us.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

---

Old August 30th 03, 02:30 AM
Chris

"Clark Simmons" wrote in message
If you can find a good attorney, you should be able to submit a petition

at any
time. It also depends on your state laws, also.

Yeah. The difference between state laws is the difference between a dumb ox
and a doorknob.

Old September 2nd 03, 03:26 AM
Paul Fritz

AND, typically the wishes of the child is only one of a dozen or so factors
that the coursts consider.

Old September 3rd 03, 08:01 PM
Chris Owens

PapaPolarbear wrote:

My oldest daughter has been very anxious to change the living arrangements
we have (I have every second weekend) so that I have my daughters 2 weeks,
mom has them 2 weeks.

I'd do this now except that my ex will not discuss the scenario. At what age
can my daughter flex her muscle and ask the courts to change the order? I
have heard she will be taken seriously from about age 12.

Any comments?

Papa

It depends on the state. Some will consider children's wishes to
some extent as soon as they are able to adequately verbalize
them; most use a standard of somewhere around 11-13 years of age;
some refuse to ever consider the wishes of the children -- for
the specificis in your state, look up your state website or talk
to your lawyer. If you wish to amend the custody agreement, be
ready to demonstrate, other than the wishes of your daughters,
why it would be better for them than the current one --
especially in respect to how this will impact their schooling . .
.. I hope that you and their mother both live in the same
district.

Chris Owens

Old September 4th 03, 10:58 PM
...8MM..

"Paul Fritz" wrote in message
AND, typically the wishes of the child is only one of a dozen or so

factors
that the coursts consider.

LOL's maybe where you are from, knowing the judge will get you cusody.