starting over, ONCE AGAIN and child support...

Old April 14th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default starting over, ONCE AGAIN and child support...

OK, so after being hit by crazy ex-wife and idiot Texas AG, we are
again down to starting over...we have basically lost our good credit,
our savings, and our home thanks to those "a...holes"...

So, we are moving to an apartment, that should be ok if both our names
are on the lease, I assume since they can't really TAKE the apartment,
right?

Everything we buy, I will put in MY name, including the cars we will
have the titles tranferred to MY name in case God forbid something
happens and those idiots decide to put a false lien on properties,
etc...

We no longer have joint credit cards...thanks to the a...holes, we had
to cancel all the joint because the credit cards raised interest when
they put the arrears on his credit report, therefore, making ME have
to pay more in interest, etc...So, all joint cards are now
cancelled...paid off...

I plan to have a separate bank account for me and my son, and one just
for my husband...he can then give me the cash to deposit into my
account so the crazy AG people can't touch my money...

Any other things that I need to do to ensure the future of our son is
not compromised yet again? We have to pay for many therapies out of
pocket and basically the mess with CS has deprived him of much that he
would otherwise be able to have...So I need to ensure my money is not
touched and that my DH does not have anything to his name except debt
in any case...

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

PS - Since Texas is a community property state, can they come after MY
stuff that is ONLY under my name as well? If so, then divorce might
just be the answer...geez...

Thanks and please advise anything you think they could use against us
so that I can make sure we have no issues at all after this...

Old April 14th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

Stop auto-deposit of his pay checks so you have control over how, where, and
how much goes into his accounts.

Do not keep more than $500 in any single bank account that is linked to his
SSAN. The CSE "sniffer" programs generally look for accounts with over $500
to make a levy cost effective.

If he needs to have more than $500 available, open multiple accounts at
different banks to keep the balance under $500 in each account.

When depositing pay checks take back large amounts of cash to deposit in
accounts in your name or to purchase certified checks to pay amounts over
$500. It is helpful if one of the banks offer free certified checks on one
of their account plans.

Old April 15th 08, 02:28 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

I'd keep even less in there then that, say, no more then $50 - just in case
they decide to go for smaller amounts (MA does).

That way you always have cash on hand and, should they suck even the smaller
amount out, you're only out $50 instead of a complete paycheck.

Old April 15th 08, 03:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

That was my strategy. Deposit close to $500 to cover checks written the
previous day or checks for locally mailed payments I knew would clear in no
more than 1-2 days.

I wasn't suggesting leaving close to $500 in an account over a period of
time for them to find.

One time they hit my account and got $34. I never had them try to levy my
bank accounts again. It's a game of cat and mouse and CSE figured out they
were wasting their time with me.

Old April 15th 08, 04:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

They sought a levy on our bank account once, but there was not enough money
to cover the amount they requested--but the bank charged us $100 to respond
to the levy request. The levy request was going to be sent every month
until the arrearage amount was paid off--at a cost to us of $100 per month
for the ongoing negative responses. Absolutely asinine, since he was being
garnished for the arrearages each month anyway. You can't even begin to
convince me that this sort of thing is "for the children." It's "for the
power" and "for the greed."

Old April 15th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

"Dusty" wrote in ...

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, thanks for the suggestions...I had not even thought about the
direct deposit issue...
I guess technically he could just get a bank account so that he can
cash his checks?
But in order to do that, wouldn't he have to have sometype of minimum
to cover the actual check?

I was thinking he could continue direct deposit to his credit union
account, but that might
actually not be a good idea, especially since he was SO STUPID to give
the ex a check from
there, which of course, is how they started the whole garnishment/
found his address, etc...

So maybe he needs to stop the direct deposits into that account all
together? I'll have
to check on that...I know that in order for them to direct deposit his
SSN has to be on the
account, so we might have to figure something out to cash his checks
without an outrageous
cost, so that he doesn't have to worry about direct deposit and some
crazy nut garnishing
his accounts...

Thanks so much! I really do appreciate it. It truly makes me sick,
that after me working for 19 years!
Yes, that's 19...having a decent paying job and savings, etc...I have
had to basically start ALL OVER
at 40 because of the crazy ex witch and the system...it makes me
sick. I should be close to retiring,
not close to starting over...

Old April 15th 08, 04:35 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

Wait a minute, so the idiots at CSE requested money from the bank
and when you didn't have it the bank sent you a bill for 100USD???
You are kidding!!! This all has just gotten out of control.
Old April 15th 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

------------------

The banks are required to turn over whatever assets you have in your
account. Then they charge the account holder their service fee for the
garnishment/levy. My bank charged $75 per garnishment. So they take the
full value of your account balance down to zero with the garnishment and
then place you in over drawn status with the fee for doing the garnishment.
If you don't cover the over drawn status within a contractual number of days
they add-on more fees.

I had a savings account garnished and got charged for overdrawn fees every 3
days for not saving enough to bring my balance up to zero. The banks don't
publicize they fees except in the fine print about your accounts.

If your husband has a credit card with his bank he should initiate overdraft
protection tied to his credit card so the fees below the zero balance level
go to his credit card and stop after the initial levy fee.

Old April 15th 08, 06:30 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

Our bank did not send them anything--there was a levy inquiry as to how much
was in the account, and we got charged $100 for them answering the inquiry.
I think CSE did not want to get only $50 ir $60 then have us close the
account so they would have to hunt it down again. We didn't close the
account--but I did pay everything online so the bills were paid 5 minutes
after the direct deposit was made, so there was never more than $50 or $60
in the account.

Old April 16th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

"teachrmama" wrote in message

[snip]

[...]

I love technology - and the fact that they blab all over the planet how they
go about doing their voodoo to entrap NCP's, take what little we have left
to live on - then we use the same technology to defeat them at their own
game.

Direct deposit and auto-bill pay, ya gotta love it!