North Central Texas Corporation not remitting garnished...

Old May 24th 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.child-support
Muddle

Default North Central Texas Corporation not remitting garnished...

child support payments in a timely manner in accordance with Texas state
law. If mailed they are supposed to be remitted and postal stamped the same
day they are garnished, if electronically remitted they are to be sent the
second business day. In this instance the corporation not the parent is the
deadbeat. I eventually get them, however they are always a week or more
late. I'm fairly sure they are holding them in a savings account for a week
or more collecting interest then when they garnish another payment they
start the process of remitting the previous payment. Given the number of
divorced people working there and the thousands of dollars quite likely
being played with by them that isn't theirs to play with they are quite
likely making a good chunk of change in interest.
The Texas Office of the Attorney General Child Support Division refuses to
do anything about this as I guess they have bigger fish to fry. I'm
thinking of placing an ad in the local paper requesting if any other
custodial parents of those working there would be interested in joining me
in a class action lawsuit against the company and the firm they have doing
payroll. Has anyone here any experience with this sort of thing,
information to impart, know any lawyers who specialize in making tons of
money off of deadbeat corporations etc.

Old May 24th 08, 02:34 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Muddle" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps you can cite the Texas law that says CS garnishments must be
remitted to CP's as you suggested. If that law exists it is not going to be
invalid because it runs contrary to federal CS garnishment laws.

It is my impression you are trying to apply state CS accounting unit
disbursement law to employers which come under a different federal CS
remittance law. Employers have 7 business days to forward CS payments to
the state. The state then has 2 business days after receipt of the payments
to forward the CS to the CP. Considering mail time of about 4 days, and at
least 6 weekend days, there could be 7+2+4+6 or 19 calendar days between a
garnishment and when the CP gets the money.

Since your "complaint" is the garnishments are taking a week or more to
reach you, a proper perspective is to recognize you are getting the CS 10-12
days faster than the federal law requires.

BTW - If you have enough money to mount such a frivolous lawsuit, you should
have your CS reduced based on your lack of need for the CS money.

Old May 24th 08, 01:18 PM posted to alt.child-support
Muddle

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Muddle" wrote in message
[...]

Hence the class action to spread the cost around and I also intend to seek
payment of all legal fees. I've already discussed this with TOAG Child
Support Division. They have stated the firm is subject to Texas state law
and are not remitting the support payments in accordance with the laws of
the state, although they were up until three months ago when at that time
they hired a different accounting firm to do their payroll. I figure
payroll was outsourced to some firm in India and the payments are being
mailed by tramp steamer around the horn of Africa. They don't seem to have
the manpower to bother with enforcing it as they're busy with all the other
real dead beats, not the ones who are actually paying each week yet don't
see their payments getting to their children. I'm supposed to get a child
support payment weekly and I am not, although when I bitch about it they can
get all the back payments direct deposited to my account that very same
week. This is a dead beat corporation that is garnishing your paychecks and
not sending the money to your children. Not only that, but one or more of
you is now out of work and are having difficulty paying your child support
for the very same reason. I should think you'd be as outraged as I am.
Perhaps I need to find a custodial parent forum somewhere on the web. I'm
out of here.

Old May 24th 08, 04:53 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

news

"Muddle" wrote in message
[...]

Why don't you talk to your ex and explain the difficulty to him. Then the 2
of you can go to court and do away with the wage garnishment, and he can
send you a check out of every paycheck instead. That might be easier than a
lawsuit.

Old May 24th 08, 06:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

news

"Muddle" wrote in message
[...]

Do you have a cite for your contention CS garnishments that are mailed have
to be "remitted and postal stamped the same day they are garnished"?

The only reference I can find is Section 158.203 of the Texas Family Code
regarding Remitting Withheld Payments. That section is silent regarding
mailed CS garnishment payments other than to say, in general terms, withheld
payments need to be sent to one of several local office types. The
electronic funds transfer within 2 days requirement that you cited is
included in this section.

BTW - A search of the Texas corporation license database on "North Central
Texas Corporation" turned up no matches. If you plan to sue them, you need
to get a better name to identify the company.

Old May 28th 08, 12:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"teachrmama" wrote in

Why don't you talk to your ex and explain the difficulty to him. Then the
2 of you can go to court and do away with the wage garnishment, and he can
send you a check out of every paycheck instead. That might be easier than
a lawsuit.

She obviously needs money every week to feed her habit!