Medical Support Changes

Old November 3rd 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Medical Support Changes

Be aware the states are beginning to implement new federal regulations
regarding medical support orders. Every new or modified CS order must now
include an order for medical support. The new law allows CS administration
to make an assessment of medical coverage and determine if it is
"acceptable."

If a medical plan has geographic limitations, or the child lives more than
30 miles/30 minutes from the closest healthcare provider, the state can
reject the available medical coverage and have cash medical support ordered.

This is a very dangerous development for men with second families. Coverage
for the second family can be ruled unacceptable and the father can be forced
to take out additional coverage for a child from another relationship, or
pay cash medical support to cover a second medical plan.

Likewise, CP's who have medical coverage available to them can be forced to
remove their children from low cost state medical plans and be forced to pay
premiums for private medical coverage.

Old November 3rd 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in .

This is a very dangerous development for men with second families.
Coverage for the second family can be ruled unacceptable and the father
can be forced to take out additional coverage for a child from another
relationship, or pay cash medical support to cover a second medical plan.

I am thankful that I am closer to reaching the end of this life than a young
man just beginning to venture into this mine field. What legacy have we
created for future generations, there is nothing but human misery that
awaits them.

Old November 3rd 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
news
[...]

This whole thing is very scarey. I know that my husband hasalways selected
the insurance option that would include out-of-are coverage. When the order
was first issued, CSE tried to force him to select a coverage that would
have, in their eyes, benefitted his older daughter more, but would have
placed us more than 90 minutes away from the nearest provider. The
attorneys where he worked basically told CSE to "bring it on," they were
ready for a court fight--and CSE backed down. It was all a silly control
thing--there was no legal leg for them to stand on.

Her dental and vision were fully covered by his insurance, and she never
once used them. Her mother continued to use the state insurance program that
she was entitled to. I find that to be absolutely ridiculous.

Old November 3rd 07, 04:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

This whole thing is very scarey.

This is a great article on the draw backs of a welfare state!
http://pages.prodigy.net/krtq73aa/welfare.htm

It specifically mentions that the war on poverty has not helped, but caused
and promote the numbers to increase.

Old November 3rd 07, 11:15 AM posted to alt.child-support
Shadow36

[...]

If this happens I will be the latest person In the "debtor's prison". I
don't even have health Insurance on myself because I can't afford It. If
they force me to take out Insurance for the kids, It'll be the straw that
broke the camels back. Anyone got a one bedroom cardboard box they can
spare?

Old November 5th 07, 07:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
Tell

I have very selfish views in this matter. I am a custodial parent of a
child that has not seen her biological father in over 4 years. He has
refused to call or send a card to her. She knows that she once had a
father that did not take care of her. But, she is very lucky that she
has a wonderful father that has chosen her because he loves her, my
new husband. Anyhow, I have fought with the court system for over 5
years for child support. He is almost $20,000 in arrears now. And this
past month, he finally received medical insurance on my child for the
first time. Now, because he has all of his current family and my
daughter on his company's insurance, there are no longer funds to
distribute for child support, that he was behind on anyway. My ex-
husband's license has never been revoked. His income tax has never
been held back. And there is an order that takes the $$$ directly from
his check before he is paid. But, now that the insurance is coming out
of his check, the child support payments have completely stopped.
While I am a stay at home mother, my current husband does make enough $
$$ to support us and our other children with medical insurance.
However, I do not believe that my current husband should be
responsible for my child financially. I have offered my ex to sign
custody of my daughter to my new husband, who would be thrilled to be
my little girl's daddy. My ex-husband just declines, saying that he
could never do such a thing.
I think that the court system in this matter is unjust. I think that
he should either be forced to support his child, or he should be
forced to sign her over. My current husband also has children from a
previous relationship. He pays 100% child support, because she says
that she cannot find a job with no experience. But, she has 3 college
degrees. He also has to provide medical and dental insurance on both
of his daughters. He went into arrears several years back, and he was
charged with contempt of court. The judge ordered him to pay $2000 up
front and an extra $1000 per month to catch up. If for any reason he
would miss a payment, he would be ordered to serve jail time. Why
hasn't this happened to my ex-husband? I just get the same answer each
time I ask, "There are people who have thousands of dollars more
arrears than him, and they aren't even in jail yet." Or, they say,
"There is an order in place for his employer to withhold the child
support amount. However, he does not make enough." Why don't they
order him to make enough. He should have two or three jobs if
necessary. This is his child that someone else is taking care of,
emotionally and financially. What do you think?

Old November 5th 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Shadow36

However, he does not make enough." Why don't they
order him to make enough. He should have two or three jobs if
necessary. This is his child that someone else is taking care of,
emotionally and financially. What do you think?

Come on... Look at what you are saying.. Order him to make enough? That Is
laughable. HEY Let's get the courts to order our employers to give us a big
enough raise to support TWO families!!

Old November 5th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Tell" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

I think the court should order you to get a job. I think the court should
take remedial action against you for the negative statements you are making
to your child about her father. I think if your story is inconsistent with
family law since wage withholding for CS occurs without regard for medical
support orders, not the other way around.

Old November 5th 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Tell" wrote
Why don't they
order him to make enough. He should have two or three jobs if
necessary. This is his child that someone else is taking care of,
emotionally and financially. What do you think?

==
Sheesh! Why don't they order *you* to make enough? Why aren't *you* working
2 or 3
jobs if necessary? This is *your* child that someone else is taking care of.
If you can't support your child why did you have him/her? Your husband
can't afford to support all
these kids, so your solution is to have your ex pay your bills? I think your
ex should file for a change of custody since it is clear that child is
nothing but a inconvenient burdon for you.
You really expected pity here didn't you? Sorry, but that child is no less
*your* responsibility than his.

Old November 6th 07, 02:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Tell" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

If your current husband is gladly taking care of the child, and treating her
as if she is his, why are you fighting so hard to get money from someone who
seems not to have it? Please don't play the "fairness" card. Your child
cannot be loved, supported, and cared for by "fairness." Obviously, she has
a loving "daddy" in your husband. Why rock that boat?

Perhaps you need to reassess your motivation in trying to force the CS issue
with your ex. Are you angry because his children with his current wife are
getting more than your beloved child is? Do you feel that he is snubbing
your daughter, and you want to pay him back? WHY is this so important to
you?

With all due respect, I will gently echo what several other posters have
said. Are you supporting your child financially? Or are you letting your
current husband carry your share of that burden? Why is it ok for him to
carry your share, but not your ex's share?

I have offered my ex to sign
custody of my daughter to my new husband, who would be thrilled to be
my little girl's daddy. My ex-husband just declines, saying that he
could never do such a thing.

But is he not the little girl's daddy in all but name now?

I think that the court system in this matter is unjust. I think that
he should either be forced to support his child, or he should be
forced to sign her over. My current husband also has children from a
previous relationship. He pays 100% child support, because she says
that she cannot find a job with no experience.

He pays 100% for your children, too, because you do not have a job, doesn't
he?

But, she has 3 college
degrees. He also has to provide medical and dental insurance on both
of his daughters. He went into arrears several years back, and he was
charged with contempt of court. The judge ordered him to pay $2000 up
front and an extra $1000 per month to catch up. If for any reason he
would miss a payment, he would be ordered to serve jail time. Why
hasn't this happened to my ex-husband?

As appalling as it is, the system goes after those who will bring in the big
bucks--not those who will bring in chump change no matter how much they are
squeezed.

I just get the same answer each
time I ask, "There are people who have thousands of dollars more
arrears than him, and they aren't even in jail yet." Or, they say,
"There is an order in place for his employer to withhold the child
support amount. However, he does not make enough." Why don't they
order him to make enough.

Uh--I can hear it now. "Sir, go back to your employer and tell him to pay
you more so we can get that child support!!" Besides which, they don't seem
to be ordering you to make enough to pay your 50%. I'd be careful what I
wish for if I were you.

He should have two or three jobs if
necessary. This is his child that someone else is taking care of,
emotionally and financially. What do you think?

Why do you expect this of him but not yourself? You really do need to
rethink this issue and why you feel as strongly as you do.

The Medical Mafia john Kids Health 0 November 14th 04 12:26 PM
medical questions Jane Sitton General 2 October 30th 04 02:58 PM
Med-Challenger for Emergency Physicians, HemoSurf v2.6 Multilingual, Dentrix 10.5.4.4, other new medical tutorials (Apr 2003 - Aug 2004), Medical ACR Learning CDs, SYSTAT SigmaPlot v9.0 WinAll SR, SYSTAT SigmaStat v3.1 WinAll SR, Mathcad v12, Matlab Zorba.GR Kids Health 0 October 29th 04 08:04 PM
P. Diddy: Child support lawsuit really about 'adult support' Dusty Child Support 0 September 13th 04 12:35 AM
Medical Coverage in addition to Child Support in Texas? No Spam Child Support 2 September 9th 04 02:17 PM