Teaching children spansish

Old December 12th 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Teaching children spansish

I am excited to share my story with a group of people who have
children! When children are young it is important that they are taught
the skills they will need to succeed. Did you know that it is
predicted that by the year 2025 it will be nearly impossible to get a
good paying job in the U.S. if you don't know spanish? ! I have had
the hardest struggle getting the jobs I want because I didn't speak
Spanish. Have any of you had that same problem? Did you know that 320
million people speak Spanish as their primary language in the U.S? Not
only is that amazing, but it is amazing the rate that the language is
growing. I have a blog where I give more information about Hispanics
in the U.S. if you are interested here is the link. It has information
from the census, and a top 10 list of reasons to learn Spanish.
http://spanishgetsthejob.blogspot.com/
Old December 13th 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

wrote in

Did you know that 320 million people speak Spanish as their primary
language in the U.S?

Wow, there's a lot more illegals than originally thought!

Old December 13th 07, 05:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 12, 7:13 pm, "DB" wrote:
wrote in

Did you know that 320 million people speak Spanish as their primary
language in the U.S?

Wow, there's a lot more illegals than originally thought!

Yeah no kidding
Old December 14th 07, 02:26 AM posted to alt.child-support
Shadow36

Did you know that 320
million people speak Spanish as their primary language in the U.S?

Considering that the US population Is only 300 million people I find that
hard to believe...

Old December 14th 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

"Shadow36" wrote in message

Did you know that 320
million people speak Spanish as their primary language in the U.S?

Considering that the US population Is only 300 million people I find that
hard to believe...

Your thinking 300 million registered citizens, maybe 100 million legal
Latino, 20 million illegal that they admit to, 200 million more that are
really here but are not recognized.

Old December 14th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 14, 10:15 am, "DB" wrote:
"Shadow36" wrote in message

Did you know that 320
million people speak Spanish as their primary language in the U.S?

Considering that the US population Is only 300 million people I find that
hard to believe...

Your thinking 300 million registered citizens, maybe 100 million legal
Latino, 20 million illegal that they admit to, 200 million more that are
really here but are not recognized.

Thats a very good point that I havn't even thought of. Thanks for the
insight.
Old December 15th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Dec 14, 5:24 pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 14, 10:15 am, "DB" wrote:

"Shadow36" wrote in message

Did you know that 320
million people speakSpanishas their primary language in the U.S?

Considering that the US population Is only 300 million people I find that
hard to believe...

Your thinking 300 million registered citizens, maybe 100 million legal
Latino, 20 million illegal that they admit to, 200 million more that are
really here but are not recognized.

Thats a very good point that I havn't even thought of. Thanks for the
insight.

Just a fun FYI - there are currently more than 350 million people
worldwide who have Spanish as their native language and more than 45
million in the US alone. I believe the original stat given was just a
bit off in the representation. The point is still correct that the
earlier, the better when it comes to introducing Spanish as a second
language to our young ones. They are in their prime 'window of
opportunity' during birth - five and still experience great success,
with limited inhibitions, up through the age of about 10-12.

So go for it!
Old December 15th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

wrote in

Just a fun FYI - there are currently more than 350 million people
worldwide who have Spanish as their native language and more than 45
million in the US alone.

Where do you get your numbers from, Primary countries English doesn't even
add up to that?

Old December 15th 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
On Dec 14, 5:24 pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 14, 10:15 am, "DB" wrote:

"Shadow36" wrote in message

[...]

The problem with education in the U.S. today is it is rooted in current
thinking and trends. I see no economic value for children to speak Spanish
in the long term.

Wouldn't it make more sense to be prospective and teach children Chinese and
other Asian languages so they will be able to deal with the largest
population centers in the world economy