CS and garnished wages

Old December 31st 06, 07:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

Default CS and garnished wages

Hi,
I was wondering how to avoid CS if they are already garnishing wages.
Is there a way to do this?

Old December 31st 06, 02:45 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

Jaguar wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering how to avoid CS if they are already garnishing wages.
Is there a way to do this?

Garnishing for what?
CS will bump all the way to the top of the line if there is another
non-child support garnishment order in place. If the garnishment is for
another cs order, they will have to take that into account.
Old December 31st 06, 04:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

Maybe I worded it wrong. What I mean is they are already garnishing his
wages for the cs order but it just seems so unfair. I wish their was a
way to stop it. This B*!%* is getting $381 a week and she doesn't even
have a job of her own. She's just sitting around on her ass collecting.
As a woman I am disgusted by the actions of single mothers who see a
child as a lottery ticket and a pawn. Even if I were a single mother my
PRIDE would stop me from collecting a dime! Mothers who are single
should go out and get their own career and stop this damn "victomized"
attitude!

Old December 31st 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

Maybe I worded it wrong. What I mean is they are already garnishing his
wages for the cs order but it just seems so unfair. I wish their was a
way to stop it. This B*!%* is getting $381 a week and she doesn't even
have a job of her own. She's just sitting around on her ass collecting.
As a woman I am disgusted by the actions of single mothers who see a
child as a lottery ticket and a pawn. Even if I were a single mother my
PRIDE would stop me from collecting a dime! Mothers who are single
should go out and get their own career and stop this damn "victimized"
attitude!

Old December 31st 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

Jaguar wrote:
Maybe I worded it wrong. What I mean is they are already garnishing his
wages for the cs order but it just seems so unfair. I wish their was a
way to stop it. This B*!%* is getting $381 a week and she doesn't even
have a job of her own. She's just sitting around on her ass collecting.
As a woman I am disgusted by the actions of single mothers who see a
child as a lottery ticket and a pawn. Even if I were a single mother my
PRIDE would stop me from collecting a dime! Mothers who are single
should go out and get their own career and stop this damn "victomized"
attitude!

All right, a little more detail here. Are they trying to do a
garnishment on a second job here? Are they trying to collect from other
sources? Remember, the government gives itself vast powers when it
comes to collecting child support with no real requirement to stick to
the amount owed.
Old December 31st 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Jaguar" wrote
Maybe I worded it wrong. What I mean is they are already garnishing his
wages for the cs order but it just seems so unfair. I wish their was a
way to stop it. This B*!%* is getting $381 a week and she doesn't even
have a job of her own. She's just sitting around on her ass collecting.
As a woman I am disgusted by the actions of single mothers who see a
child as a lottery ticket and a pawn. Even if I were a single mother my
PRIDE would stop me from collecting a dime! Mothers who are single
should go out and get their own career and stop this damn "victimized"
attitude!

==
It won't be stopped. I can be modified downward if there is a change of
circumstances but
income withholding orders are automatic now on virtually all CS orders. The
CP can have it stopped
but I'm guessing that won't happen.

Old December 31st 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

Go see you state representative after you get the results from a downward
modification hearing?

Does your husband make that much to justify this insane amount?

oups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 09:48 PM posted to alt.child-support
Jaguar

No. He has only one job from which is the only source they are
collecting from and yes he does make enough money to pay it although I
dont know how the court came to that amount. There is absolutely
nothing that states he makes that kind of money. I'm assuming that when
the hearing was called we weren't notified as we were moving around a
lot at the time.

Old December 31st 06, 10:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Jaguar" wrote in message
oups.com...
No. He has only one job from which is the only source they are
collecting from and yes he does make enough money to pay it although I
dont know how the court came to that amount. There is absolutely
nothing that states he makes that kind of money. I'm assuming that when
the hearing was called we weren't notified as we were moving around a
lot at the time.

Ah yes, the old decision by default trick!

They don't have to personally notify you that there is a hearing!
All that is required is they publish a notice in local paper and that
qualifies as you being served.

You not being at the hearing allows them to impute your income based on what
ever information his ex tells them.

So she can say that your Husband is a qualified Electrician making $27/hr
and the court will use that to base their judgment and the arrearage begins.
Not only will you pay a high monthly rate, but also arrearage percent in
addition to the high monthly the rate.

They usually demand the arrearage is paid off in 5 years, so it's very easy
for an NCP to be paying $1200/mth in total.

It's a racket that has to be stopped!

Old December 31st 06, 10:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

"Jaguar" wrote
No. He has only one job from which is the only source they are
collecting from and yes he does make enough money to pay it although I
dont know how the court came to that amount. There is absolutely
nothing that states he makes that kind of money. I'm assuming that when
the hearing was called we weren't notified as we were moving around a
lot at the time.

Ah yes, the old decision by default trick!

They don't have to personally notify you that there is a hearing!
All that is required is they publish a notice in local paper and that
qualifies as you being served.

==
Well, not really. That's only if they have tried and failed to locate.
Notice must be sent to the last
known address.