Opinions.....is this rude?

Old August 16th 04, 08:38 PM
Christine

they are not EVERYTHING to their parents

LOL.....whose ass hole did you dig that out of.....

The Children Are EVERYTHING to us,,,,,

I am my kids mom!

..

Old August 16th 04, 08:43 PM
Christine

well guys, it was a wonderful afternoon with you...I'm glad I was able
to enterain your bored asses..but dont you all have some wife duties to
get done....you should earn you keep!

I do...ta ta

and NO the door wont hit me in the ass....i'll leave it open, i'll be
back to visit with you all!

Old August 16th 04, 08:43 PM
Tori M.

BTW....DH, is LOL....at all this.....he is the one who said to stand up
for myself here,,,,,LOL...
he said he really feels for your husbands...lol...

Trust me my husband KNOWS when I am unhappy. I just let him be first
sometimes. On the other hand my husband would not go behind my back and
have a live altering surgery without consulting me first. I dont feel for
you or DH I feel for poor little Chloe.

Tori

Old August 16th 04, 08:48 PM
Denise Anderson

"Circe" wrote in message

Maybe there's a difference in the amount of surf you have there compared

here? Because Julian is a pretty competent swimmer, but I'd be nervous

about
him swimming totally by himself in the ocean because the waves can

sometimes
knock his feet right out from under him. Neither my husband or I would be
comfortable letting them go in the water without an adult hovering nearby.

I don't remember being so worried about the undertow so much when I lived in
Virginia Beach/NC as opposed to San Diego. San Diego is the first place I
had ever heard of riptides..

Denise

Old August 16th 04, 08:48 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
For me, it's not so much the BEING there (although I have to say I
prefer holding a newborn in a nice comfy rocking chair than
sitting in a beach chair), but all the preparations that have to
be done to get ready (get all those dump trucks, the sunscreen,
towels, etc., etc.) and then all the clean-up that has to be done
after you get home (because everything and everybody is full of
sand).

I used to let that stop me from doing stuff - till I'd talk to
friends later who *did* go and I realized I have to quit it, just
take a deep breath and go. I'm always glad I did.

There's not much I let my kids stop me from doing. I mean, c'mon, I've been
to Italy and Greece with them, will be going to Mexico in December, and then
back to Italy in March. So it's not like I'm anti-preparation or that I
won't do something I really enjoy on account of the kids. But I've been to
the beach with mine often enough to know that I don't enjoy it enough to
make it worth the effort except as a special outing on a weekend or
something.

Plus, MY kids aren't happy just playing in the
sand--they want to be in the water--and I don't see how I'd juggle
a newborn while trying to keep a couple of older (but not
completely surf-safe) kids from drowning.

Mine go in the water.

Maybe there's a difference in the amount of surf you have there compared to
here? Because Julian is a pretty competent swimmer, but I'd be nervous about
him swimming totally by himself in the ocean because the waves can sometimes
knock his feet right out from under him. Neither my husband or I would be
comfortable letting them go in the water without an adult hovering nearby.

At this point, I could take thre three of them to the bay by
myself because they can all swim there without a problem--there's
no surf or undertow. But I'm still not ready to brave the ocean
side of the beach by myself--my husband has to come so that he can
focus on the two older kids while I take care of Vernon (who
*would* drown at the beach if you didn't watch him like a hawk
because he has ZERO fear of water).

All in all, when it comes to water play, I prefer my pool, at
least for now G.

Ahhh pools scare me more than the ocean. L and P have both had
near misses in a pool but not the ocean.

Well, Julian swims very well and Aurora and Vernon wear their floatie suits
and go everywhere in them. They are very competent in the pool, but then,
they go in it almost every day in the summer.

Well, there are certain things that I just won't do with the
kids by myself,
and going to the beach is one of them. They know that and so I
wouldn't really be telling them we couldn't go on account of one
of them being a certain age. It's all about ME g and what I'm
comfortable with.

So you're selfish is what you're saying?

Guilty as charged g.

I won't go to the pool alone with mine, but I will go to the beach.
Funny.

Yep. Everyone's different.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

This week's suggested Bush/Cheney campaign bumper sticker:
"Vote for Bush & You Get Dick!"

Old August 16th 04, 09:02 PM
Christine

I feel for poor little Chloe.

Awww, what about little Bonnie, I REALLY feel sorry for her...;(

and about the BM....everone knows you dont DRINK, while BF,,,i'll just
bet you smoke too huh?

Old August 16th 04, 09:06 PM
Sophie

There's not much I let my kids stop me from doing. I mean, c'mon, I've
been
to Italy and Greece with them, will be going to Mexico in December, and

then
back to Italy in March.

Now see, trips I won't do - lol.

So it's not like I'm anti-preparation or that I
won't do something I really enjoy on account of the kids. But I've been to
the beach with mine often enough to know that I don't enjoy it enough to
make it worth the effort except as a special outing on a weekend or
something.

I guess for me the park or the pool is your beach.

Maybe there's a difference in the amount of surf you have there compared

here? Because Julian is a pretty competent swimmer, but I'd be nervous

about
him swimming totally by himself in the ocean because the waves can

sometimes
knock his feet right out from under him. Neither my husband or I would be
comfortable letting them go in the water without an adult hovering nearby.

There are millions of adults on our beaches. We do have a pretty rough surf
but I do something illegal - I go to the Officers Beach - yes our beaches
are segregated. It's further away from the inlet (or something) so it's not
as rough. The SNCO Beach (where we belong) is too rough.

For how hot our summers are, a pool would be pretty handy.

Old August 16th 04, 09:09 PM
Tori M.

"Christine" wrote in message
they are not EVERYTHING to their parents

LOL.....whose ass hole did you dig that out of.....

The Children Are EVERYTHING to us,,,,,

I am my kids mom!

People that make their kids everything to them have nothing left when the
kid decides that his/ her life is their own. I would not want my life to
mean everything to my mom anymore then I want Bonnie to be everything to me.
I feel sorry for you if you do not get some outside interests because 18 is
going to hit you like a ton of bricks if you dont.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 16th 04, 09:11 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:24:33 GMT, "Denise Anderson"
wrote:

Are you 12? She said she wasn't going to drink. I, however, am I horrible
mom. I drink and breastfeed. Oh, horror of horrors.

You know, I had a small glass of wine with a meal just last week.

Megan
10w3d