How exciting!!!

Old January 27th 04, 09:08 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default How exciting!!!

I was on a twins board last night and one of the ladies there went into
labour at 34 weeks while 5 of us were chatting!!!!

She went from backache pain every 5 minutes, to water breaking, to
contractions 1 minute apart in under 45 minutes!!!!

We were pleading with her to call an ambulance and she was as calm as
can be. She did call the ambulance and it barely got there in time!

She ended up having them on her living room floor.

She wouldn't go to the hospital with the ambulance until her dh posted
an update! LOL! :-D

She had 2 little girls. They were 3lbs. 4oz and 3lbs. 6oz.

Amazing!!! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 27th 04, 09:21 PM
lizzard woman

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
I was on a twins board last night and one of the ladies there went into
labour at 34 weeks while 5 of us were chatting!!!!

She went from backache pain every 5 minutes, to water breaking, to
contractions 1 minute apart in under 45 minutes!!!!

We were pleading with her to call an ambulance and she was as calm as
can be. She did call the ambulance and it barely got there in time!

She ended up having them on her living room floor.

She wouldn't go to the hospital with the ambulance until her dh posted
an update! LOL! :-D

She had 2 little girls. They were 3lbs. 4oz and 3lbs. 6oz.

Amazing!!! :-)

I agree! At those weights and gest. age, I bet they were transported tout
suite and will have a few week hospital stay.

How ya feeling???

--
sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)

Old January 27th 04, 09:31 PM
DeliciousTruffles

lizzard woman wrote:

How ya feeling???

My sciatic nerve is still pinching but I had a massage yesterday and it
helped it a bit. I'm pretty much near the end of my endurance so my mom
is coming today to stay, now. I'm just in achy type of pain, plus the
acute pain from the sciatica, and minding the twins, coupled with my
age, it's just taking it's toll.

I am going to see a cardiologist tomorrow, though. I don't think he'll
be running any tests, though.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 27th 04, 10:04 PM
KimandJuan

I am just trying to understand her frame of mind?

While I was in 35th week with twins any back pain I felt or cramping and I was
calling my DR. I would definitely want to be in a hospital for the birth in
case the babies need oxygen or any number of things.
I guess every thing turned out OK... But I can't imagine...especially after her
water broke!!!!

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old January 27th 04, 10:14 PM
DeliciousTruffles

KimandJuan wrote:

I am just trying to understand her frame of mind?

While I was in 35th week with twins any back pain I felt or cramping and I was
calling my DR. I would definitely want to be in a hospital for the birth in
case the babies need oxygen or any number of things.
I guess every thing turned out OK... But I can't imagine...especially after her
water broke!!!!

She was waiting for her dh (who was 10 minutes away). He and their DS
were at a matinee (they're Ozzies) while she and their 2 yo DD were at
home. The little girl was napping so she was online with us. Then all
hell broke loose.

She called her dh as soon as her water broke but the labour went very
fast (obviously!). I think the 4 of us scared her sufficiently that she
called the ambulance as well. She thought she could get to the hospital
with DH in time (the hospital was 20 minutes away).

We urged her not to go but to wait until the ambulance arrived because
at 34 weeks those babies would probably need oxygen and special care.
It was a good thing she listened to us and waited for the ambulance.

I was hitting my refresh button so many times last night! LOL! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 27th 04, 10:19 PM
Megan

Wow! Was that on the Twins magazine board?

Megan~
Mommy to A & A
16 months old!!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis