two questions about age "milestones"

Old May 2nd 04, 03:16 PM
Terri and Rob

Default two questions about age "milestones"

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if you could share your personal experience as to what age the
babies start to notice and interact with each other. I have been told
that it is very cute to see, and I am still waiting for it to happen.
It would be great to have the video camera ready by then. They are
currently four and a half months old and still don't bother much with
each other.

On a side note, at what age could you start to easily tell your
identicals apart? We are still struggling with this and have to rely on
nail polish on the toe and different clothing to put them in. It is
embarrassing, because we feel as their parents we should know
"automatically". When does this get easier?

--
Terri & Rob
Parents to:
Old May 3rd 04, 12:54 AM
shirley

I distinctly remember my now 9 year olds (going on 14), realizing there was
someone to interact (I can't say play with), at 7 months. Sometime around 6
they tolerated each other but really to notice that there was someone to
play with, my books say 7 months.

As far as identical - can't help there as I have b/g twins.

Good luck.

Shirley
Kathleen and Chris 1/95

news

Old May 3rd 04, 03:13 AM
Jonathan Wolgamuth

In message news Terri and Rob said to all at alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I wonder if you could share your personal experience as to what age the
babies start to notice and interact with each other. I have been told
that it is very cute to see, and I am still waiting for it to happen.
It would be great to have the video camera ready by then. They are
currently four and a half months old and still don't bother much with
each other.

I think it was roughly after 6 months that Henry began laughing at
something Ella was doing (at least that is what it seemed like to us!)
Once it begins to happen, it might slowly grow into great entertainment
(for them and for you!) Ella was sick for a couple days last week and
couldn't go to daycare, and whenever we would put Henry in the car to take
him to daycare he would peer over to Ella's seat to see if she was there.
It is awesome to take a ride in the car with both of them and to hear them
both giggling at some inside joke that only they are in on! BTW, they are
11 months old now.

On a side note, at what age could you start to easily tell your
identicals apart? We are still struggling with this and have to rely on
nail polish on the toe and different clothing to put them in. It is
embarrassing, because we feel as their parents we should know
"automatically". When does this get easier?

Obviously, I don't have identicals, but certainly would think that you
should not be embarassed about wanting to make sure you could properly
identify your children! They are *identical* after all, right? I look
forward to hearing others answers to this question.

Good luck and have fun! They're only young once!

--

I'm Jonathan Wolgamuth and I approved this message.

"People...they're the worst."

Old May 3rd 04, 11:30 AM
Julie

This is one of those things that varies quite a bit, so I would make sure to
always have the camera battery charged.

My two started responding to each other at about 2 months or so (one month
adjusted).

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97