First prenatal appt yesterday

Old August 15th 03, 08:05 PM
Em

Default First prenatal appt yesterday

"Jennifer from Colorado" wrote in message

Had my first prenatal visit yesterdat. I wasn't too impressed with the
nurse practitioner I saw and won't go to any great lengths to have any
more appointments with her (or to avoid her--she wasn't *that* bad). I
didn't get an ultrasound, but she did palpate my uterus and said that
it was about as enlarged as she would expect, so that's good. She did
the little pregnancy wheel thingy and gave me a different due date
than the one I had calculated for myself. It's now March 15. I'm not
about to complain about getting 3 extra days since they are RIGID
about induction at 42 weeks. Also, I am excused from the Rhogam shot
as my DH is also Rh-. He had his card from Someone Official with him
and she noted it in my chart. Yay!

That is good about the "bonus" three days as well as the Rhogam shot. Good
for your DH for having his card with him!
snip

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 18th 03, 11:42 PM
Cindy Camp

Jennifer from Colorado wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Where in Colorado are you? Have you given any thought
to midwifery? I decided to use a midwife after having
hated my OB care last time around. I love my midwife...
and she is even covered by my insurance!

-Cindy (Mom to JDC almost 16 months and EDD 9-23-03)

Had my first prenatal visit yesterdat. I wasn't too impressed with the
nurse practitioner I saw and won't go to any great lengths to have any
more appointments with her (or to avoid her--she wasn't *that* bad). I
didn't get an ultrasound, but she did palpate my uterus and said that
it was about as enlarged as she would expect, so that's good. She did
the little pregnancy wheel thingy and gave me a different due date
than the one I had calculated for myself. It's now March 15. I'm not
about to complain about getting 3 extra days since they are RIGID
about induction at 42 weeks. Also, I am excused from the Rhogam shot
as my DH is also Rh-. He had his card from Someone Official with him
and she noted it in my chart. Yay!

I'll be seeing an NP every other visit and an OB every other visit.
Theoretically, I stick with one NP for the pregnancy and rotate
through all the OBs. It's important to me that I meet all the OBs, but
I'd rather get appointments at convenient times with random NPs than
have to take a half-day off work because that's the only appointment
available with this one. It was like pulling teeth to get my next
appointment at 4:10 rather than some ultra-convenient time like 2:30.
So, I'll be going 5 weeks before my next visit instead of the 4 that
I'm "supposed" to have. Whatever. If I have to take a half day off
work it ultimately ends up costing me $100 because it's one less half
day of paid maternity leave later. I'll do it if I reallyreally have
to, but I'd rather not have to.

Jennifer from Colorado
edd 3/15/04

Old August 19th 03, 05:02 PM
Cindy Camp

Jennifer from Colorado wrote:
On 18 Aug 2003 16:42:55 -0600, Cindy Camp
wrote:
Jennifer from Colorado wrote:

Where in Colorado are you? Have you given any thought
to midwifery? I decided to use a midwife after having
hated my OB care last time around. I love my midwife...
and she is even covered by my insurance!

I'm in the Denver area. Unfortunately, my insurance only covers OB
care and we're not comfortable paying out of pocket (esp. since there
is no way I'll get DH to agree to homebirth).

So, yes I have given it thought, but unless hubby gets a permanent job
with different insurance before March it's not feasible for us.

I am in the Denver area also... that's too bad about
your insurance. I would be stuck with an OB also, if
my insurance didn't pay for the midwife.

What hospital are you going to deliver at? We are touring
Swedish tonight, if we don't like it, we will probably
end up at Rose. I would prefer Swedish since it is closer
to home. My first was at Littleton. I wish there was
a birth center here in the area... I personally am not
too comfortable with homebirth... nor is my husband.

-Cindy

31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
A semi-eventful appt! (33 weeks) Long! Em Pregnancy 8 August 13th 03 10:24 PM
25/27 Week appt update! Pregnancy 2 August 8th 03 10:56 PM
32w5d appt Karen Pregnancy 3 July 23rd 03 03:06 PM