Miscarriage

Old January 27th 04, 06:02 PM
Jennifer

Default Miscarriage

Last Wednesday I decided to take a HPT because I was 4 days late. My
cycles are very regular. I took an EPT test on Wednesday and it
should a faint positive line. I knew that any line was good news, so
I started to become excited at the thought of being pregnant. I
waited to get home to tell my husband. I showed him the test, and he
commented that the line was faint, so he did not truly believe that I
was pregnant. I took another EPT the next morning, and the same
thing, a faint positive. I called the doctor and they confirmed that
any line, faint or not was a good sign. Husband still did not believe
me. Friday at lunch I tried a First Response Test and it came up very
dark. It begain to sink in that I was pregnant. Then around 1:30 on
Friday afternoon, I went to go get a drink, and I felt as though I had
been hit by a truck. I was suddenly sore all over. I had mild cramps
and my lower back started to ache. I went to the restroom to find I
was spotting. First it was brown, then it turned red. I had a gut
feeling that I was miscarrying. I called my husband, and he said that
I probaly was not pregnant and was only getting my period. But I know
my body better than that. So at 3:30 I decided to go to the ER. DH
meet me there. The tool a urine test which came up negative. They
took a blood test, which after 3 hours of waiting came up postive. My
HGC level was 23. Very low. They did a sonogram but was not able to
see anything.

Funny thing was, I don't think even the Doc or RN believed that I was
pregnant. As soon as they got the blood test back, they were Johnny
on the spot. DH finally believed me and realized the seriousness of
the situation. After 9 hours in the ER, they told me I was probaly
having a miscarriage and to call my OB/GYN on Monday. I laid around
the house all weekend. I took another First Response on Sunday and it
came up negative, so I started telling myself that I was having a
miscarriage. DH was really attentive, and did a good job keeping my
mind off it.

Called my OB/GYN on Monday, and they were very non-chalant about the
whole thing. I guess they become de-sentitized to it. The nurse told
me there was nothing they could do, but I should go have my HGC levels
re-checked. So I went Monday to have my levels checked. But I think
I know the out-come.

I am really surprised that I am handling the situation okay. I always
told me self that I would never be able to go through something like a
miscarriage, but the human nature is very strong I guess. I was
surprised to read how much this happens. I guess if I weren't so anal
about charting my cycles, I might have never known I was pregnant.
Old January 27th 04, 06:41 PM
DeliciousTruffles

I'm so sorry. :-(

((((((Jennifer))))))

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 27th 04, 06:59 PM
Dagny

Doesn't it break your heart.

In my first preg. I started bleeding when my period was 10 days late, 2
weeks after I found out I was pregnant because of the early tests. I was
desperate to try to save the baby if possible and went into the doctor's
office the next morning. Ultrasound visually confirmed intrauterine
pregnancy but the blood test came back at about 20 so we knew the baby was
gone. I passed him a few days later. No pregnancy will be the same after.

Our stories are pretty common -- and it really, really sucks.

-- Dagny

Old January 27th 04, 07:00 PM
Carol

I'm so sorry, Jennifer. Sometimes I think everyone was better off back in
the days when you didn't have any way to know if you were pregnant (though
you could suspect) until your first OB appointment after your second missed
period -- so many things can happen early on. I had a missed miscarriage in
Nov. 2002 (we found out at 12 weeks that the embryo had died around 9 1/2
weeks) -- whether something goes wrong earlier or later, it still breaks
your heart.

Please be extra good to yourself.

Carol

om...

Old January 27th 04, 07:10 PM
Kat

"Jennifer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I also miscarried very early on with my first pregnancy. The only thing
that made me think anything was wrong was a gut instinct. My husband also
didn't quite understand but tried to be supportive. Just let your emotions
go...and take it easy. I got pregnant again not a month later (it was ok'd
by the Dr. since the miscarriage was so early) and went to full term and
have wonderfully healthy 2 year old:-). I think it's sometimes just a
warm-up and so the next time it is ready for the real thing, if that makes
sense. ((Baby dust coming your way!!))
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 27th 04, 07:15 PM
Dagny

"Kat" wrote in message

I also miscarried very early on with my first pregnancy. The only thing
that made me think anything was wrong was a gut instinct. My husband also
didn't quite understand but tried to be supportive. Just let your

emotions
go...and take it easy. I got pregnant again not a month later (it was

ok'd
by the Dr. since the miscarriage was so early) and went to full term and
have wonderfully healthy 2 year old:-). I think it's sometimes just a
warm-up and so the next time it is ready for the real thing, if that makes
sense. ((Baby dust coming your way!!))
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

I'd like to add -- my doctor told me to wait 3 months after a very early m/c
but I decided after reading articles on the net that I would ignore that
advice and I have a perfect, beautiful, unique daughter because of
conceiving on the next normal cycle. Of course whether or not to follow a
doctor's advice is a very individual decision.

-- Dagny

Old January 27th 04, 07:16 PM
Jamie Clark

Jennifer,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've experienced that type of loss at least 5-6
times, and it is hard. Physically for me, none of those miscarriages were
any harder than my regular period -- the embryo at that point is smaller
than the period at the end of this sentence. And there is nothing anyone
can do to save a pregnancy at that point (or at many points) that is
destined to be unviable for whatever reason.

Emotionally is a different story, although after the first one, they got
easier and easier, as I learned not to get excited until we saw the
heartbeat on u/s around 7 weeks. The longer you are pregnant, the harder
emotionally it is, since you have longer and longer to dream, fantasize and
plan for the future with the little one. I'd much rather experience a
miscarriage at 4-6 weeks than one at 24 weeks. I've done both, and I'd
trade in the 24 weeker for 5 more chemical pgs.

Hugs. I hope your next one is a keeper.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 27th 04, 07:50 PM
Carol Ann

:I guess if I weren't so anal
: about charting my cycles, I might have never known I was pregnant.

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. (((((Hugs)))))

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html

Old January 27th 04, 07:53 PM
Carol

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
link.net...
snip I'd much rather experience a
miscarriage at 4-6 weeks than one at 24 weeks. I've done both, and I'd
trade in the 24 weeker for 5 more chemical pgs.

Oh, Jamie -- pain can never be compared, but 24 weeks -- how awful that must
have been.

Carol
#1 EDD 8/30/04

Old January 27th 04, 08:05 PM
ModernMiko

"Jennifer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

((((((Jennifer)))))) First, realize that you're not alone and we are here
for you to vent, scream, cry, etc. I m/c in Nov at 6 weeks. The bleeding
started on a Sun. I couldn't get in to my OB/GYN until Tues. Went straight
for an U/S and HCG blood test that day. I bawled my eyes out on Sun and was
a real b*itch at work on Mon. By the time Tue came around I was bleeding
very heavy so I knew what the result would be and was pretty calm and
resigned to what I knew the outcome would be. Had a few rough nights waking
up crying. My husband says he was amazed how strong I was about it as he
knew how much I wanted another baby (DS is 5 1/2 yr now). We're in the 2ww
now. AF is due Sat and I'm hopeful as my chest is very sore and heavy
(moreso than usual awaiting ov or AF) and I've been pretty tired. These are
my major 1st trimester symptoms so I'm crossing my fingers. But I am trying
to not get too hopeful about it as I end up crying every month when the EPT
comes up neg and I get AF the next day.

--
Jenn
DS 06/26/98

--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords