Baby sling alone.... back wrap ?

Old May 27th 07, 04:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Baby sling alone.... back wrap ?

About baby slings...
Has anyone ever tried this "back wrap cross" position?
http://www.kangaroocarrier.net/posit....php?cat_id=10
How to put my baby on the back wihout help? (my husband often isn't at
home...)

Thanx for your help
Clara

Old May 27th 07, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

There are two methods, one is to start the baby on the hip and do part of
the wrapping process, then shift to the back and finish off, the other is to
put the baby in the wrap on the sofa, sit down and hoist on to your back,
wrap as much as you can whilst sitting, then stand up and finish off.

Cheers

Anne

Old May 27th 07, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
mom1st

Looks like this site has carriers for the front...without requiring
any help at all...

http://baby-carrier-reviews.blogspot.com

Old May 28th 07, 01:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

wrote:
About baby slings...
Has anyone ever tried this "back wrap cross" position?
http://www.kangaroocarrier.net/posit....php?cat_id=10
How to put my baby on the back wihout help? (my husband often isn't at
home...)

Thanx for your help
Clara

It does take a bit of practice and you need to overcome the "OMG I'm
going to drop the baby" feeling. I practiced by sitting on the bed in
front of a mirror (one door of my closet is a mirror). I usually did the
wrap cross in front and just reversed it for the back, so I'd have the
cloth across my back, crossing over my chest, ends hanging down my back
and I'd put Sam over my shoulder and wiggle him into the cloth across my
back that way. The mirror gave me a lot of security because at first I
was never sure I got both his legs into the cloth at once. After a few
times practicing it in front of the mirror I felt comfortable enough
with the process and didn't necessarily need the bed or the mirror.

cu
nicole