Update!

Old May 12th 04, 12:27 AM
Crystal Dreamer

Default Update!

Last Thursday I felt terrible, and I felt like I had the flu for a few days
before that. That night as I got into bed the pressure was just so much,
that I told dh and we decided to go to the hospital. So I got out of bed,
threw on some clothes and we drove to the hospital. After a few hours there,
the doctor comes in and says that the helicopter would be there in about 15
minutes.

So they airlifted me to St Louis, it was a very scary and stressful ride!
Contractions were coming regularly, but they weren't very intense. The
doctor felt my cervix before we left. She said it was closed, but very soft,
and felt like it was about 1.5 cm long. I was started on Magnesium Sulfate,
2 grams per hour. That stuff was horrible! I couldn't see, and I was so weak
from it, but it did the job. So a couple nights in the hospital, and they
decided to discharge me today after contractions stopped. I'm now on
Procardia, 60mg twice a day. (I was on 90mg once a day.) They think maybe I
just tried to do too much, so now I absolutely HAVE to take it easy. I'll
see my OB tomorrow. I was given two shots of steroids to help the babies'
lungs mature, and I've also been diagnosed as preeclamptic.

When I got home, there was an envelope stuck to the nursery door, which was
closed. The envelope said, "There's not much room for us to hide, so open
your card then come inside." When I got in, a lot of my family was in the
nursery, and it was finished! They painted it, complete with murals,
curtains, cribs, etc. It turned out great. They even drew a tree with two
boys sitting under it, and an angel above watching over them, and told me it
was Mariam watching the boys.
It's gorgeous!

I'm on Home Uterine Activity Monitoring (HUAM) now, as well as home
monitoring of blood pressure, urine, weight, etc. This afternoon the
monitor showed 4 contractions and lots of uterine irritability, so they told
me to drink 64oz of water, lay down and try it again. It worked, the
contractions stopped! I feel alot better being monitored so closely, but I
really do not want to have to go back to St Louis. It was just so far from
home, and I hated being away from home and away from my family.

I'm 26 weeks 3 days, today, so we've reached the age of viability! Now if
we can just keep these boys in a little while longer.

Old May 12th 04, 01:02 AM
Kim E.

In article kjdoc.74602$Ik.5301236@attbi_s53, crystaldreamer02
@hotTRASHmail.com says...
[...]

Wow, get some rest, girl! Doesn't it feel good for the tummy bunnies to
reach viability age! Locally here there were sextuplets delivered by c-
section at i think 28 wks, and they were all fine!

-kim
Old May 12th 04, 01:08 AM
Angela Schepers

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It must have been scary but
I'm happy that you are doing fine and the twins are still baking.
Good luck and take it easy as best you can!

Angela
Quinn Alexander 5/07/04

Old May 12th 04, 01:45 AM
ModernMiko

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message
[...]

Lisa,
I'm glad you seem to be better. I bet you were scared! I was reading this.
That mural with the angel and the boys sounds precious. Please keep us up to
date as you can. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old May 12th 04, 05:37 AM
Cam & Shane

Wow - it must have been so traumatic for you. I'm glad the boys are doing
fine. You're family sounds wonderful.

Look after yourself.

Camille

---

Old May 12th 04, 10:53 AM
Amy

Wow, Lisa...what a scary time! I've been worrying about you. What great
family you have though :-)
26 weeks is terrific, I'm so glad the boys are still inside and doing good.

Old May 12th 04, 11:14 AM
A&G&K

[...]

Just keep on cooking boys!! I know it does feel great to reach the age of
viability (I'm 26 weeks today), but we still want them all to stay inside
for a while yet.
How wonderful for your family to finish the nursery so beautifully ...the
mural description brought tears to my eyes.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 12th 04, 04:55 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 11 May 2004 23:27:12 +0000, Crystal Dreamer wrote:

I'm 26 weeks 3 days, today, so we've reached the age of viability! Now if
we can just keep these boys in a little while longer.

/sticky vibes!!!

What a wonderful thing your family did for you, it made me shed a tear to
think of the tree image.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)

Old May 12th 04, 05:55 PM
sher

"Crystal Dreamer" wrote in message news:kjdoc.74602$Ik.5301236@attbi_s53...
Last Thursday I felt terrible, and I felt like I had the flu for a few days
before that. That night as I got into bed the pressure was just so much,
that I told dh and we decided to go to the hospital. So I got out of bed,
threw on some clothes and we drove to the hospital. After a few hours there,
the doctor comes in and says that the helicopter would be there in about 15
minutes.

snip
This all sounds so scary. I hope you are able to take it easy and
keep those babies cooking for awhile longer.

When I got home, there was an envelope stuck to the nursery door, which was
closed. The envelope said, "There's not much room for us to hide, so open
your card then come inside." When I got in, a lot of my family was in the
nursery, and it was finished! They painted it, complete with murals,
curtains, cribs, etc. It turned out great. They even drew a tree with two
boys sitting under it, and an angel above watching over them, and told me it
was Mariam watching the boys.
It's gorgeous!

This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift!

Good luck with rest of your pregnancy.

~ Sher