Dr. Phil-Schools, CPS, ADD meds

Old September 29th 04, 07:56 PM
Fern5827

Default Dr. Phil-Schools, CPS, ADD meds

Take a look at Dr. Phil's Website this week for his take on extensive use of
meds for children with purported ADD, ADHD.

http://www.drphil.com

One Dad was threatened to be reported to CYFD for not allowing his son to be
willy-nilly placed on meds just on request of school staff.

One test that might prove helpful, aside from the diagnostic checklist, is the
EEG electroencephalogram brain wave measurement.

Make no mistake about it: Parents can face CPS when they have issues with
psychotropic medications.

DESCRIPTORS: CPS, CYFD, NEW MEXICO, CHILD PROTECTIVE, MEDICAL DIAGNOSES, DSS,
ACS, DHR, CSB, FSSA, PRS, DFYS, DYFS, SRS, SCF, DSHS, FIA, DHS, DFS, FIA
Old September 30th 04, 12:05 AM
Carlson LaVonne

So now you are using alt.parenting spanking as a forum for the
controversy surrounding medication for children with "purported ADD, ADHD?"

This is a relevant topic, but not for this ng. This ng is about
disciplinary spanking of children and alternatives to hitting children
in the name of discipline.

There are ng's designated for your topic. Please go there.

LaVonne

Old September 30th 04, 02:44 PM
Fern5827

Can you think beyond what is in a textbook.

I know all the textbook stuff, far better than you.

Conventional wisdom has many deficiencies---the most important of which is ALL
CHILDREN RESPOND DIFFERENTLY.

You would think the earth is flat, given the fact that it is in an AW textbook.
Old September 30th 04, 11:43 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Fern5827 wrote:

Can you think beyond what is in a textbook.

I have cut and pasted my response to your previous post regarding
medication for "purported ADD and ADHD." Somehow you conveniently left
this out of your response to me.

I know of no textbook that instructs individuals to respect topics of
ng's, but that doesn't mean that such a text isn't available. I do know
that a lot of information exists on-line regarding appropriate ng
behavior and "netiquette." Perhaps you would like some on-line resources?

I know all the textbook stuff, far better than you.

Well, if you "know all the textbook stuff" you are a far better person
than me, or than anyone I have ever run across personally or
professionally.

Conventional wisdom has many deficiencies---the most important of which is ALL
CHILDREN RESPOND DIFFERENTLY.

Of course all children respond differently. What is your point? You
gleaned this amazing tidbit of information from knowing "all the
textbook stuff?" This is one of the most basic and elementary concepts
an undergraduate learns when entering a child psychology or education
program at any college or university. And what does this have to do
with my response about staying within the topic of this ng?

You would think the earth is flat, given the fact that it is in an AW textbook.

With your vast knowledge, could you please tell me and all readers of
the ng what an AW text is? I do find your analogy interesting, though.
One of you has been a marvelous advocate for the "everyone does it
and it never did me any harm" spanking philosophy. I remember
responding that there was a time when people believed the earth was flat
based on popular opinion, and rejected scientific evidence to the contrary.