Heartburn: Triggers & Soothers

Old April 20th 04, 03:54 PM
ted

Default Heartburn: Triggers & Soothers

I made some mint fried rice on Sunday which I ate for dinner on Sunday
and Monday. Since then the heartburn is irritating me. I didn't have
heartburn in my first pg. She was born with a head full of hair. May
be this baby will be bald

I didn't know that mint causes heartburn! One more thing I learnt the
hard way!

What triggers your heartburn?

What soothes your heartburn?

Thanks.
Old April 20th 04, 04:01 PM
Jill

"ted" wrote

What triggers your heartburn?

Somedays, everything! Especially tomato sauces- spaghetti, sloppy joes,
marinara... orange juice....eating too soon before lying down...

What soothes your heartburn?

Sometimes, nothing! Tums, the fruit flavored chewy kind made from calcium
work ok but don't last long. Sometimes Pepcid AC will prevent, and less
often will help after it starts. I don't know if this is bad but if I eat
something I know will cause bad refluxey heartburn I take Pepcid 30 minutes
before and then when/if it starts chew a couple TUMS. I try to avoid the
foods but sometimes I have to eat what feel like I can eat and be appetized
by.

Old April 20th 04, 04:14 PM
Sophie

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I made some mint fried rice on Sunday which I ate for dinner on Sunday
and Monday. Since then the heartburn is irritating me. I didn't have
heartburn in my first pg. She was born with a head full of hair. May
be this baby will be bald

I didn't know that mint causes heartburn! One more thing I learnt the
hard way!

What triggers your heartburn?

At the end of my pregnancies, even water
Till then nothing really.

What soothes your heartburn?

Mylanta, or anything liquid, defnitely not chalky tablets.

Thanks.

Old April 20th 04, 06:27 PM
M Wayne

Sometimes it seems that anything I eat will trigger my heartburn. But for
some reason bread will always do it. I usually chew some Tums (the fruity
kind) and that takes care of it...for a while, anyway.

om...

Old April 20th 04, 09:44 PM
Cam & Shane

What triggers your heartburn?

I have found that combining food with pregnancy....

What soothes your heartburn?

Mylanta liquid or even half a glass of milk.

Good luck :-)
Camille
..

---

Old April 20th 04, 10:02 PM
Carla

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:44:13 +1200, "Cam & Shane" wrote:

What soothes your heartburn?

Mylanta liquid or even half a glass of milk.

Mylanta works for me too it just tastes like crap...but milk alot of
the time works best for me -- I drink it fast like with a straw and
the HB seems to go away almost instantly. My granny was the one that
told me that little remedy and it's been quite a life saver!

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 20th 04, 11:54 PM
Stormlady

Fruity juices usually trigger heartburn for me, not apple, and I don't like
orange, but stuff like strawberry kiwi juice or types of fruit punch.

To relieve it I usually don't do anything because I don't have anything at
my house, and sometimes I will take tums if I have them.

om...

Old April 21st 04, 01:29 PM
Nancy P

"ted" wrote in message
om...
What triggers your heartburn?

What soothes your heartburn?

Thanks.

Everything triggers my heartburn. Any food, water, empty stomach, etc. The
only thing that seems to help is Gaviscon tablets. They create a foam
barrier and keep the reflux down. I swear by it.

Nancy

Aspartame Lawsuits: Aspartame triggers birth defects Dr. Betty Martini Pregnancy 0 April 11th 04 11:36 PM
heartburn? Christine Pregnancy 5 March 14th 04 11:12 PM
heartburn problem again... Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 07:37 PM
eating to avoid heartburn Nancy P Pregnancy 7 December 23rd 03 10:48 AM