Arrowroot cookies...

Old March 3rd 04, 12:17 AM
Lina

Default Arrowroot cookies...

Okay... I read the ingredients on the side of the box... they're all sugar
and milk!!
Are they really safe to give a baby?

Old March 3rd 04, 10:30 PM
HollyLewis

Okay... I read the ingredients on the side of the box... they're all sugar
and milk!!
Are they really safe to give a baby?

Safe? Sure, most likely. Although a few babies do have a negative reaction to
dairy products even in baked goods, for most, by the age at which they'd be
eating finger foods like cookies, it's fine.

Nutritious? No, not particularly. :-)

If you'd rather avoid all the "stuff" in most commercial teething biscuits and
similar products, try puffed rice cakes instead. You may even be able to find
them made of organic brown rice.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old March 3rd 04, 11:38 PM
A&G&K

"Lina" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Okay... I read the ingredients on the side of the box... they're all sugar
and milk!!
Are they really safe to give a baby?

Probably safe enough if they are not allergic to the ingredients and are of
an age where choking is not such a major issue (although technically choking
can affect anyone).

Nutritious? not at all.
Having said that, DD gets the occasional half a cookie that I produce if we
are at playgroup / friend's places / parties etc where there is loads of
junk food. DD thinks her half cookie is a treat from heaven and then
ignores the iced cakes, lollies, chips and other stuff I don't want her to
eat when we are out (I also have a stash of dried fruit in my bag which is
another diversion as she only gets fresh fruit at home).

A friend of mine had her two boys convinced that rice cakes (the
cardboard-like cracker kind) were the biggest treats in the world ....
until they hit preschool and discovered what other kids had in their lunch
boxes.

My 2c
Amanda

--