Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old May 21st 04, 12:40 PM

Default Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

jimmineecricket wrote:

"Ladies and gentlemen,
the lower economic people are not
holding up their end in this deal.

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT PARENTING.

They are buying things for kids -
$500 sneakers for what?

And won't spend $200 for
'Hooked on Phonics.'

He added:

"They're standing on the corner
and they CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ...
And I blamed the kid until
I HEARD THE MOTHER TALK.

And then I HEARD THE FATHER TALK ...

Everybody knows it's important to
speak English except these knuckleheads. ...

You can't be a doctor with that
kind of crap coming out of your
mouth!"

The Post said Cosby also targeted imprisoned blacks.
"These are not political criminals," he said.
"These are people going around stealing Coca-Cola.

People getting shot in the back of the head
over a piece of pound cake and then we run
out and we are outraged, [saying]

'The cops shouldn't have shot him.'

What the hell was he doing with
the pound cake in his hand?"

He wont get any arguement here. He told it like it is and the NAACP just doesnt
want to hear the truth. Most blacks dont want to hear the truth. They are their
own worst enemy.

Bob and Byron don't want to hear the *truth* either. Do you
suppose they think Cosby is just an *Idiot_Scum_Racist* who
is "not worth arguing with" and should be *PLONKED* ??

And while Cosby was at it, he should have condemned OOW_Breeding
as well, just to cover all the IQ-75_Bases...
Old May 22nd 04, 12:08 AM
Bob LeChevalier

jimmineecricket wrote:

"Ladies and gentlemen,
the lower economic people are not
holding up their end in this deal.

And you know this how?

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT PARENTING.

And you know this how?

They are buying things for kids -
$500 sneakers for what?

Cite please, as to the number/percentage of lower socioeconomic
parents that buy $500 sneakers.

And won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.'

Now THAT is a waste of money!

He added:

"They're standing on the corner and they CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

Cite, please

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ...
And I blamed the kid until I HEARD THE MOTHER TALK.

And then I HEARD THE FATHER TALK ...

They speak a different dialect. This has always been a country of
multiple dialects, and the dialectal variation was never nearly as
extreme as it is in much smaller England. You can't talk the way
"these people talk" (not that it had anything to do with "lower
economics", which the poster is clearly using as a euphemism for
race), but I'll bet you can't talk Cockney or Yorkshire either, and
you probably can't understand them half as well as you could
understand these folk.

Everybody knows it's important to
speak English except these knuckleheads. ...

On street corners? Why?

You can't be a doctor with that
kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

A doctor on a street corner is perfectly free to talk any way he
likes.

He wont get any arguement here. He told it like it is and the NAACP just doesnt
want to hear the truth. Most blacks dont want to hear the truth. They are their
own worst enemy.

Bob and Byron don't want to hear the *truth* either. Do you
suppose they think Cosby is just an *Idiot_Scum_Racist* who
is "not worth arguing with" and should be *PLONKED* ??

When Cosby posts to the newsgroup, I'll discuss it with him, and then
decide whether he should be *PLONKED*. I daresay his remarks would be
far more intelligent than yours.

lojbab
--
lojbab

Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
(Opinions are my own; I do not speak for the organization.)
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban:
http://www.lojban.org
Old May 22nd 04, 01:53 AM
Holger Dansk

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:08:17 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

jimmineecricket wrote:

[...]

No, it is not a dialect. It is a very poor and wrong value system that
many black people have. They do not value education and the good things
in life. Without a sense of values a person is lost with nothing to
build character and his/her life on. They don't know how to act or
behave. It's very important that they get this corrected immediately if
they ever want to amount to anything.

Black people have been in this country for hundreds of years and many do
not and/or can not speak English. Hispanics and Asians can speak
English pronouncing words like police, President, incident correctly
after just a few days.

Blacks don't give a damn. They don't understand that they should value
education and speaking, walking, sitting, etc., correctly.

If they don't value these things, they are doomed.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old May 22nd 04, 07:11 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
I can't even talk the way these people talk:

'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ...
And I blamed the kid until I HEARD THE MOTHER TALK.

And then I HEARD THE FATHER TALK ...

They speak a different dialect. This has always been a country of
multiple dialects, and the dialectal variation was never nearly as
extreme as it is in much smaller England. You can't talk the way
"these people talk" (not that it had anything to do with "lower
economics", which the poster is clearly using as a euphemism for
race), but I'll bet you can't talk Cockney or Yorkshire either, and
you probably can't understand them half as well as you could
understand these folk.

No, it is not a dialect.

Yes it is. YOur opinion against those of a professional linguist, and
I'll believe the linguist.

It is a very poor and wrong value system that many black people have.

That is not what determines how they talk on a street corner.

They do not value education and the good things in life.

Perhaps, but not relevant to their language.

Without a sense of values a person is lost with nothing to
build character and his/her life on. They don't know how to act or
behave.

I know a lot of people, of a variety of cultures, who know perfectly
well how to behave, and choose not to do so anyway. They simply don't
value your values. That doesn't mean that they have no values.

It's very important that they get this corrected immediately if
they ever want to amount to anything.

Maybe they don't. They aren't obliged to.

Black people have been in this country for hundreds of years

I doubt that any black person has been in this country much more than
100 years, and most of those are in old-age homes.

and many do not and/or can not speak English.

They do. But they don't speak your dialect. Nor do you speak the
Queen's dialect, and I'm sure that there are British people who look
down their nose at you for that fault.

Hispanics and Asians can speak
English pronouncing words like police, President, incident correctly
after just a few days.

Some can, some can't. I know some of each category that cannot make
themselves understood in English after having been here for a few
years.

But there is no "correctly" wrt to pronunciation, anyway, despite your
prejudice.

Blacks don't give a damn. They don't understand that they should value
education and speaking, walking, sitting, etc., correctly.

They aren't obliged to accept your value system.

lojbab
Old May 22nd 04, 09:06 AM
Holger Dansk

On Sat, 22 May 2004 02:11:50 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
I can't even talk the way these people talk:

'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ...
And I blamed the kid until I HEARD THE MOTHER TALK.

And then I HEARD THE FATHER TALK ...

They speak a different dialect. This has always been a country of
multiple dialects, and the dialectal variation was never nearly as
extreme as it is in much smaller England. You can't talk the way
"these people talk" (not that it had anything to do with "lower
economics", which the poster is clearly using as a euphemism for
race), but I'll bet you can't talk Cockney or Yorkshire either, and
you probably can't understand them half as well as you could
understand these folk.

No, it is not a dialect.

Yes it is. YOur opinion against those of a professional linguist, and
I'll believe the linguist.

It's not my opinion. I'm trying to tell you the truth. I'm not
interested in what some fool who calls himself a linguist has to say
about anything.

It is a very poor and wrong value system that many black people have.

That is not what determines how they talk on a street corner.

Oh yes it is. It is what makes them not sit, walk, talk, and, in
general, act correctly. In short, they don't know how to act.

They do not value education and the good things in life.

Perhaps, but not relevant to their language.

It's relevant to their everything.

Without a sense of values a person is lost with nothing to
build character and his/her life on. They don't know how to act or
behave.

I know a lot of people, of a variety of cultures, who know perfectly
well how to behave, and choose not to do so anyway.

Those are people who are really sick. Anyone who knows right from wrong
and chooses the wrong is in bad shape.

They simply don't value your values. That doesn't mean that they have no values.

They don't have a value system at all. They were raised without ever
learning any.

It's very important that they get this corrected immediately if
they ever want to amount to anything.

Maybe they don't. They aren't obliged to.

No, that's true. They are not obliged to live. They can just end it
all if they so choose. Many, with no sense of values, commit suicide.

Black people have been in this country for hundreds of years

I doubt that any black person has been in this country much more than
100 years, and most of those are in old-age homes.

Their race has been here for hundreds of years.

and many do not and/or can not speak English.

They do. But they don't speak your dialect. Nor do you speak the
Queen's dialect, and I'm sure that there are British people who look
down their nose at you for that fault.

You are really into denial and are really confused. Where did live most
of your life? You must get a value system quick.

Hispanics and Asians can speak
English pronouncing words like police, President, incident correctly
after just a few days.

Some can, some can't. I know some of each category that cannot make
themselves understood in English after having been here for a few
years.

But there is no "correctly" wrt to pronunciation, anyway, despite your
prejudice.

You probably don't realize that there is a correct way to do everything.

Blacks don't give a damn. They don't understand that they should value
education and speaking, walking, sitting, etc., correctly.

They aren't obliged to accept your value system.

They aren't even obliged to live. Some choose not to.

lojbab

Where did you grow up? Must have been a ghetto.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old May 22nd 04, 11:11 AM
Christopher Weeks

Holger Dansk wrote:

[Blacks] don't understand that they should value
education and speaking, walking, sitting, etc., correctly.

Are you serious? Do the rest of us all think this is hilarious, or is
it just me?

Chris

Old May 22nd 04, 11:16 AM
Christopher Weeks

Bob LeChevalier wrote:

But there is no "correctly" wrt to pronunciation, anyway, despite your
prejudice.

I don't want to look like I'm supporting his bigoted agenda, but do you
really think this? Are you saying any pronunciation of a word is
equally valid?

Selecting a word in common use in the news, "nuclear" we find to normal
pronunciations "new clear" and "new que lar." I have to say, I think
one of these _is_ correct and one is not. If you think I'm wrong, do
you think "cat" would also be an equally valid pronunciation of that word?

Chris