blah blah - I feel pathetic

Old August 29th 03, 02:52 AM
Kereru

Default blah blah - I feel pathetic

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message
news
I have not even gottten to my due date. Heck I am not even officially at
term. I want this baby out. Remind me, please, of all the reasons it is
better if she stays in. And how this lack of sleep will pass -- yeah

right,
when she is 18.

Poooooorrrr meeeeeee.

Go out to dinner (even if you have to waddle from the car), eat something
that would definitely give the baby wind if you were breastfeeding, go home
when you feel like it, make as much noise as possible when you get there,
make sure to notice that there's noone else there to thank profusely or pay,
have a long loud hot shower, and if you wake up in the night go back to bed
whenever you want do not I repeat *do not* pace up and down the hallway
jiggling anything.

Oh yes and don't sterilize anything or do any washing before you get into
bed, do not check to make sure you have nappies and wipes and notice the
lack of tiny but oh so painful when you step on them, plastic blocks on the
floor. Then get up when you want to the next morning.

If that doesn't work then I'm sorry you're just going to have to have the
baby, that's all there is to it :-)

On a more serious note, I'm 33 weeks now and starting to feel a bit that
way. Sooo tired and having real trouble hefting a toddler around. He seems
to know something is up and want me to hold him all the time.

So, I feel for you, hang in there. When you look back those nine months seem
to have gone so quickly.

Judy

Old August 29th 03, 04:03 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"Kereru" wrote in message

On a more serious note, I'm 33 weeks now and starting to

feel a bit that
way.

Judy where are you? Or have I asked you that before? Your
not the one who lived in Tawa are you?

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old August 29th 03, 09:16 AM
Kereru

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message

"Kereru" wrote in message

On a more serious note, I'm 33 weeks now and starting to

feel a bit that
way.

Judy where are you? Or have I asked you that before? Your
not the one who lived in Tawa are you?

--
Andrea

Yeah that's me, Tawa. I was going to ask by the way did you have to go all
the way into town or did you have baby in the Hutt?

Well done on the birth by the way, the story was amazing and well written to
boot. I hope you are recovering well.

Judy

Old August 29th 03, 02:20 PM
Stephanie

"Kereru" wrote in message ...
[...]

Boy, do I ever hear that!

So, I feel for you, hang in there. When you look back those nine months seem
to have gone so quickly.

Judy

Thanks. I feel much more tired today, but overall better. Not so sorry for myself.

Stephanie
Old August 29th 03, 02:21 PM
Lissie

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message
news
I have not even gottten to my due date. Heck I am not even officially at
term. I want this baby out. Remind me, please, of all the reasons it is
better if she stays in. And how this lack of sleep will pass -- yeah

right,
when she is 18.

Poooooorrrr meeeeeee.

I hear you! I'll be 39 weeks on Sunday, and I am so ready! I know that
it's going to be a whole different kind of challenge (and I will get even
less sleep!), but I am so tired of being phsyically uncomfortable!!!

- Lissie

Old August 30th 03, 02:25 AM
Laurie

Stephanie and Tim wrote in message ...
I have not even gottten to my due date. Heck I am not even officially at
term. I want this baby out. Remind me, please, of all the reasons it is
better if she stays in. And how this lack of sleep will pass -- yeah right,
when she is 18.

Poooooorrrr meeeeeee.

Awww, poor Stephanie. I was just wondering about you tonight. This part of
pregnancy is so hard, especially with #2. As for the sleep thing- yeah,
you're really exhausted after having the baby, but FALLING and STAYING
asleep isn't the problem, so in some ways it's easier to take. You're not
staring into space trying desperately to fall asleep! Instead, you're just
wishing you COULD go to sleep!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Old August 31st 03, 01:53 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Kereru" wrote in message

Yeah that's me, Tawa. I was going to ask by the way did

you have to go all
the way into town or did you have baby in the Hutt?

The Hutt, Ganesh was the first ob I consulted with on
arrival, not sure if your familiar with Hutt Valley
obstetricians, but I do not recomend him. He's a tiny,
little indian man but by golly he is arrogant! The ob who
did my c/section was Tiho Djornic, he was very nice. He came
and visited me a few times on the postnatal ward, a bit
obsessed with contraception, but otherwise fairly
decent..lol. I think a few of the nurses had crushes on him,
they would blush and go all gooey eyed when he walked in the
room..lol, if only his wife knew ;o)
What's your closest base hospital from where you are
Wellington or Kenepuru?

Well done on the birth by the way, the story was amazing

and well written to
boot. I hope you are recovering well.

Thanks )

Old September 1st 03, 03:00 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Kereru" wrote in message

I've heard of Ganesh, apparently great for pelvic exams

because of tiny
hands! I guess it's nice to be well know for something :-)

Yes but apparantly he thinks having those tiny hands gives
him licence to dive on in up to the elbows and have a good
dig around..lol

The other charming one I haven't heard of.

Nor had I until I had Lydia. He must be new.

I am closer to Kenepuru but will go to Wellington. My

midwife is happy for
me to go to either but Joe Lee the OB who delived my son

has introduced the
needle of fear by telling me I should only give birth in a

major hospital
because of my 10lb 8oz first baby (ventousse but otherwise

uneventful).

What does he think they can do for you there that they can't
at Kenepuru? Do they not do sections there or something? I
don't know a lot about that hospital, I'm wondering if it's
like the old Elderslea that I had my first two at.

Rubbish I know but once he said it it stuck in my mind. I

will be having a
natural birth in the birthing units (positive thinking

here). My midwife is
absolutely confident that this is possible as am I.

I'm sure you'll be fine (more positive thinking for you ).
The only part of Wellington I've seen is the special care
part where I visited a friend with a premie, so I don't know
what the birthing unit part is like. They have those LDRP
rooms at the Hutt where you do it all in one room. It's ok,
but still a hospital room iykwim, the postnatal room I had
was nice, I had my own bathroom and stuff, but still it
wasn't home. I couldn't wait to get out of the place.

So do you know Sue Lennox? She was my SILs midwife and I

met her a few
times. Seems to be a bit of a local homebirth guru.

I do know Sue, she was 'my' midwife's partner when I had my
first homebirth 12 years ago. There was Sue, my midwife
Lynne Legge, Jennifer Sage and Helen Cousins in the practice
then from memory. She'd probably know me if you mentioned my
name, or she probably knows me best as 'that homebirthing
womyn up the Akatarawa's that has heaps of kids and used to
give Lynne Legge nightmares for 9 months anticipating what
would go wrong at her births'....she was a sweetie but a bit
of a panicker old Lynne, she had the Westpac rescue
helicopter on standby at one of my births once...lol