What Do You Drive?

Old July 22nd 03, 02:58 PM
Megan Byrne

Default What Do You Drive?

We have a Pontiac Montana and I love it. Although, I would have liked an
Odessey, the Montana was more affordable. We have both kids, in Alpha
Omegas, in the front row. All seats fold down or come out. We have the
extended version, so I can fit a jogger stroller, a side-by-side Peg
Perego, a single umbrella stroller and much more, behind the second row.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Old July 23rd 03, 08:48 PM
FR

We have triplets and we just bought the newly re-tooled 2004 Toyota Sienna
and it is the best thing we ever did. Toyota looked at the best mini-vans on
the market and upped them in the 2004 edition. Everything you ever wanted in
the mini-van is in this one. We had to wait over 30 days for ours to come in
but it was worth it. We got the LE model with all wheel drive and dvd
entertainment system.

FR

"Meg" wrote in message
om...
Hi!

We are now trying to find the best transportation for a will-be 2yo
and expected twins (Feb.). Just curious what families with three kids
in carseats drive. We're looking at minivans...but where's the
storage/carrying space? Any other suggestions? (I've also checked
out a Ford Expedition, but I'm short and am not impressed by having to
"climb in" to get the kids into their carseats.)

Thanks in advance for your input!

Megan
Mommy to Julia, 20.5 months
Twins EDD: Feb. 11

Old July 23rd 03, 11:23 PM
David desJardins

Helen writes:
Not me. What I want is a minivan that isn't so big. There aren't
very many of the smaller minivans on the market any more, and they
don't have the highest quality or best features.

I'm waiting for a hybrid-electric minivan -- I think Toyota already
has one on the market in Japan.

Yes, I heard that too! My wife was very excited when I mentioned it.
Unfortunately, I've also read that there aren't likely to be any hybrid
minivans brought to the US for several more years. As the OP alluded
to, most US buyers think is the ideal minivan is big big big, and the
car companies go with what sells.

There were rumors that Honda would introduce a smaller minivan than the
Odyssey this year, but it doesn't seem to have materialized.

David desJardins
Old July 24th 03, 03:54 AM
BlckFocus

look at the mazda mpv the middle seats slide together and the rear seat fold in
to floor