Slumber Party

Old January 7th 04, 02:50 AM
Kender

Default Slumber Party

Okay, I need some advice. Our first slumber party is coming up and I have no
idea what time to start or end it! It will be on Valentines day. Since there
is two girls, I think I've decided on 8 kids total (including them). Is this
too many? I have found tons of games and ideas via the internet but if
anyone has a winner please pass it on. Luckily we have a basement we can put
them all for the night.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old January 7th 04, 03:03 AM
Ellen Kmetz

Erin,

My DD has been to a couple of slumber parties. You can start around 6 pm and
just do pizza for supper (be sure to mention in the invite that they'll eat at
your house). If you start much earlier you will run out of things to do! BE
SURE to put a definite pick-up time for the next day. 10:30 or 11:00 seems to
work because it gives them time to wake up and eat, etc. They'll be up late so
most likely will sleep in a little.

Charades are great at that age. Also, if you have a video camera, they LOVE to
make music videos or do plays for the camera. By the time you eat and open
presents, you should only have to do a couple things before pajamas, then you
can put a movie in and hope they go to sleep With slumber parties, the
girls tend to keep themselves busy much more than an afternoon party.

You are a brave mom! I have yet to venture into more than one for a sleepover.
Good luck!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old January 7th 04, 02:08 PM
Twinzmommie

I bet the parents are loving you right now. What a great night to have a
slumber party.

I think you have a perfect number. Not too few, not too many.

I only really have one suggestion, how about having all of the kids help you
make something that you could serve for breakfast the next day. Like a french
toast that you prepare the night before and bake in the morning.

Perhaps you could serve cake and have all the girls get into their PJ's and
then join you in the kitchen for a little cooking lesson. Then a movie and off
to bed.

Have fun!

Michelle
Riley and James

Old January 7th 04, 02:47 PM
Kender

I know. I would love to have my kids gone that night. : ) We have 6 year old
twin girls three houses down who we play with daily and they'll both be
coming. What a treat for their parents!

The breakfast thing sounds great! Thanks,
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old January 7th 04, 03:53 PM
Missy in Indiana

Man, oh man! That sounds like a blast (Bringing back a lot of fun
memories!)

Back in the old days we used to start either right after school on a Friday
(too early IMO) or around 5:30-6:00pm on Saturday. 8 people wouldn't have been
unusual, on the large side but not too big. Suggestion: Make the pick up time
VERY clear I would recommend around 11:00am.

Things to do? How about getting some inexpensive spa-type things and letting
the girls have their own beauty boot camp. If you have a video camera, you
could allow them a blank tape to record them doing their own music video or
movie (great way to have a piece of history, too). You could go to your
library and take out a bunch of teen magazines for them to pour through.

My favorite part of slumber parties was the food. (I haven't changed much, but
my waist has LOL). We used to order pizza, but I liked it best when we all
made our own. You could even give a cooking lesson and make it interactive.
The next morning we would often have cereal - boring. The best bkfsts were
when the parents or the kids made choc. chip pancakes or monkey bread where we
could all take part.

HTH - and have a ball!
Missy
Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Old January 9th 04, 05:30 PM
multimom4

Hanna just went to her first ... 5pm Saturday start; 11am pickup. Not sure
how many were there -- at least 6, maybe 7 or 8. The two older kids of the
house had been palmed off on relatives for the night ... anyone you kow want
Evan? ;-)

She's unclear on the details but I gather they went OUT to a movie (no, they
didn't ask me in advance, so no car seats or anything ... apparently drove
in some kind of van???? .... deeply unhappy about that, although movie was
Elf so not offensive in that regard).

Also watched a VIDEO (Lizzy Maguire - sp?) ... hmm ... anyone see too many
movies here?

Made gingerbread houses in the morning before going home. Pizza for dinner.

Who thinks you can always track their movements til they are teenagers?
still seething

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
Holly (4/4/01)