Slumber Party

Old January 9th 04, 05:30 PM
multimom4

Default Slumber Party

Hanna just went to her first ... 5pm Saturday start; 11am pickup. Not sure
how many were there -- at least 6, maybe 7 or 8. The two older kids of the
house had been palmed off on relatives for the night ... anyone you kow want
Evan? ;-)

She's unclear on the details but I gather they went OUT to a movie (no, they
didn't ask me in advance, so no car seats or anything ... apparently drove
in some kind of van???? .... deeply unhappy about that, although movie was
Elf so not offensive in that regard).

Also watched a VIDEO (Lizzy Maguire - sp?) ... hmm ... anyone see too many
movies here?

Made gingerbread houses in the morning before going home. Pizza for dinner.

Who thinks you can always track their movements til they are teenagers?
still seething

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
Holly (4/4/01)

"Kender" wrote in message
Okay, I need some advice. Our first slumber party is coming up and I have

no
idea what time to start or end it! It will be on Valentines day. Since

there
is two girls, I think I've decided on 8 kids total (including them). Is

this
too many? I have found tons of games and ideas via the internet but if
anyone has a winner please pass it on. Luckily we have a basement we can

put
them all for the night.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old January 11th 04, 05:23 PM
shirley

I have to tell you my kids (neither Chris nor Kathleen) have ever been to a
slumber party or sleepover. I have heard too many - waaaay too many horror
stories to let them go until they can make a solid judgment on their own (11
or above). I know I'm the oldest here as a mom of young ones but "when I
was a kid" in the 50's we didn't have sleepovers until high school. I'm
almost at that state but I'll adjust to junior high. I had a friend who's
moms "boyfriend" got involved with the kids, 6-9 year olds sitting in front
of him between his legs while he "showed" them how to work a black box
game??!!! Kids didn't seem to understand, parent just happened to drop in!
There are other stories. Sorry but I don't see a point - at least not now -
maybe I'm being paranoid but we'll skip those things for the time being.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/23/95

Old January 11th 04, 06:46 PM
Kender

I figured since the girls went away to camp last summer this would be the
next step. (They only went for one night but can't wait for their whole week
this summer!) Their Brownie troupe wants to do a sleepover at a local
church. I don't really see the point in that! Camping this summer, yes.
Inside at a church, no.

I will let you all know how the sleep-over goes. I have decided on 7 girls.
Why does it need to be an equal number, I am telling myself. Our neighbors
make 4 and the girls can decide on three other girls together.

We'll watch a movie (at home, thanks Janet, going to a movie would be a
whole party in itself for me!), have pizza and popcorn, make banana splits,
decorate blank pillow cases with fabric markers and puffy pens, and one more
craft. I hope this tides them over. DH will be responsible for Evan until he
goes to bed and then he can join me. The girls have a good list of things to
do and I found a GREAT resource on the net at:
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party/slumber.html

We've got five weeks til the party. The girls are having as much fun
planning/thinking about it as having it. It's fun to see.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97