Scheduled nap time for infants

Old April 20th 04, 01:19 PM
The Huwe Family

Default Scheduled nap time for infants

My triplets turn 7 mo. old this Friday. Is it possible to have them on a
nap schedule? (e.g. It's 10 o'clock, time for nap) Currently, I let them
get up in the morning whenever the wake up, unless it's after 9, then I wake
them up. I then put them down throughout the day whenever they display
tiredness. Of course, they are rarely all down at the same time, but the do
usually go to bed at night pretty close together. But even when they take
naps, their duration is different. Ben can sleep for hours, while I
consider myself lucky if Elena sleeps longer than 1/2 hour.

If it's possible, do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Or
is it not worth it until they are older?

--

Gayle
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/datriplets/

Old April 20th 04, 02:09 PM
Paula Johnson

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:19:38 GMT, "The Huwe Family"
wrote:

My triplets turn 7 mo. old this Friday. Is it possible to have them on a
nap schedule?

I only have a second -- if I find time later, I'll come back and try
to give you some info on what we did (and I've got two great nappers).

The best advice I can give you is to get a copy of the book Healthy
Sleep Habits, Healthy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. That book was
invaluable to us, in realizing that our twins were chronically
sleep-deprived and then fixing the situation.

I'll try to write more later.... crying baby beckons :-)

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03)

Old April 20th 04, 05:08 PM
Megan Byrne

I can't remember when I started them on a scheduled nap, when they wake
up from their na in a little bit I will check their baby books, but
anyway, I just started putting them down right after lunch. In the
beginning they cried a bit, but eventually they understood and fell
asleep. Now, at 18 mos. they talk to each other for about an hour then
drift off for up to 2 hrs. Gives me a very nice 2-3 hour "break" in the
afternoon!

Megan~
Mommy to A & A
18 months old!!!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis
***New Pictures 02/04***

Old April 20th 04, 06:50 PM
Ellen Kmetz

If it's possible, do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Or
is it not worth it until they are older?

Hi Gayle,

My boys were on a nap schedule at 5 months. I certainly don't thinks yours are
too young, but all babies are different. A good "guideline" is 10 am and 2 pm
for naps. Of course if they are not waking up until 9 that won't work. What
time do they go to bed at night? Maybe you can get them up earlier in the
morning so they are tired around 10. I really believe in strict sleeping
schedules, especially with multiples. They should be waking, napping and going
to bed at the same times every day. I guess that's easy for me to say...God
knows it has to be SO much harder with three than two, but I really believe
that babies will adapt to the sleep schedule that *you* dictate. And it will
keep you sane knowing that you have a few hours every day when they are all
sleeping (or whatever the duration is). It might take a week or so to get them
all in sync, but it'll be worth it if it works.

Good luck!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95