# of ultrasounds--question

Old September 13th 03, 11:28 PM
annafine

Default # of ultrasounds--question

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

Thanks,
Anna
EDD #1 October 18, 2003
Old September 14th 03, 12:43 AM
Em

"annafine" wrote in message
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

I had one at 7 weeks because I was having some spotting and also to check my
dates on the pregnancy. Then, I had a routine "anomaly" scan at 21 weeks.
Neither one was particularly necessary (they were really both for peace of
mind mostly and also because we wanted to know the baby's sex). When I am
pregnant again, I do not anticipate having any. (DH still wants to have a 20
week scan with any future pregnancies though, so we will have to discuss &
decide further when the time comes :-)

Why do you feel like you want to have another? Usually they don't do any
more at this point unless they want to check something specific about the
baby--fluid level, size (which is usually fairly inaccurate), placental
position, baby's position, etc.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 14th 03, 01:37 AM
Nina

I had one at 12 weeks and one at 19, I had to go elsehwere and pay for the
2nd one myself.

om...

Old September 14th 03, 03:13 AM
Laurie

annafine wrote in message
. ..
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

I had one at 8 weeks and one at 19 weeks with my second pregnancy. I had an
additional one with my first pregnancy because I had gone a week past edd.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4.5 months

*This email address is now valid*

Thanks,
Anna
EDD #1 October 18, 2003

Old September 14th 03, 05:17 AM
Nikki

annafine wrote:
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

With #1 I had two. One at 12 weeks or so to date the pregnancy since the
AFP came back as high risk and another at 20 weeks.

With #2 I had four. One to date the pregnancy, one Level II due to
frightfully high risk AFP result, one regular one at 20 weeks, and one in
later pregnacy to assure everything was progressing OK as I had high blood
pressure.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old September 14th 03, 05:35 AM
Lori

I had one at 5 weeks at my RE office, one at 7 weeks because I had been
bleeding, one at 12 weeks because the dr could not find the heartbeat, one
at 18 weeks to do the measurements and one at 24 weeks because the u/s
machine was in the room and my 5 year old was asking the dr how it worked so
he showed her what her sister looked like.

Lori

Old September 14th 03, 07:26 AM
Plissken

"annafine" wrote in message
om...
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have only had 2 ultrasounds. The first was
at 10 weeks and the second at 18 weeks. I've been asking my OB about
another, but she won't request one unless she feels it medically
necessary.

My question is, how many ultrasounds have you had, and when (# of
weeks) did you have them?

I had one at 6 weeks to check my dates (I had very irregular periods). One
at 19 weeks to check for any abnormalities and one at 42 weeks to make sure
there was enough amniotic fluid.

Nadene

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM