What to do about september birthday (if anything)

Old March 15th 05, 03:27 PM
Clisby

toto wrote:

The states don't make the decision as to half or full day though,
it goes by district. I don't think any states mandate a full day.
so they leave it to the local to decide what is best for them.

According to this site, a few do mandate full-day kindergarten.

http://www.ecs.org/clearinghouse/29/21/2921.htm

Clisby
Old March 15th 05, 03:59 PM
toto

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:27:02 GMT, Clisby
wrote:

toto wrote:

The states don't make the decision as to half or full day though,
it goes by district. I don't think any states mandate a full day.
so they leave it to the local to decide what is best for them.

According to this site, a few do mandate full-day kindergarten.

http://www.ecs.org/clearinghouse/29/21/2921.htm

Clisby

Bookmarked that one. I didn't have it.

I wonder though if the states where full day is mandated still allow
some children to attend half days if the parents requests that.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 15th 05, 04:18 PM
Sue

wrote in message
I feel a bit of an imposter here, with kids who are actually adults.
But it's sometimes nice to visit and find folks I know who are still
here.

No don't feel that way. I have older children 12, 9 and 8 and I need
perspective/advice of parents with older children. I value any information
you
can give us. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 15th 05, 05:36 PM

Wow, thanks everyone...

Of course lesson #1 from the adult kids scene is that it isn't
necessarily over when it's over.

Many college age adults are still kids in some ways.

Rupa

Old March 15th 05, 05:41 PM
Clisby

toto wrote:

I wonder though if the states where full day is mandated still allow
some children to attend half days if the parents requests that.

I don't know, but I have a first cousin who started homeschooling
because her district (in Georgia) wouldn't let her do that. She thought
a full-day kindergarten was too much, and decided to homeschool her
first child; they enjoyed it so much she homeschooled all three. This
was more than 20 years ago.

Clisby