I want to rip this b*tch a new one

Old June 26th 06, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids

Default I want to rip this b*tch a new one

well when I shop I check that it is my size in theory (they dont all fit the
same) and the color I like.. I wear a lot of reds blues and greens and
browns for shirts with almost all black for pants.. I dont care for yellow
though I have been told it is one of my colors.. I wear what I have. I wear
tanktops because they are cooler.. I wear my 5 year old bathing suit because
it doesnt have holes.. my style is.. if I can afford it and I dont feel like
a dork wearing it I wear it.

Tori
There is also an element of what is currently in style to the fashion
consideration. If I wore victorian dress in a slenderizing color, no one
would say I was paying attention to fashion.

Old June 26th 06, 09:21 PM posted to misc.kids

"Welches" wrote in message
news

"Tori M" wrote in message
.. .
snip

.. I wear my 5 year old bathing suit because
it doesnt have holes.. my style is..

Do you mean holes as in decorative/fashionable or holes because it's
wearing out?
When #1 was about 2.5 I was in M&S and she saw a skirt that had a
decorative pattern with holes round the hem. She said in a loud voice: "If
you buy that skirt you'll have to darn all those holes before you can mend
it". Got the entire queue laughing!
Debbie
Both

Tori

Old June 26th 06, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
"shinypenny" wrote in message
ups.com...

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
you say that there is no judgement in what you say. but what is the

"right"
body type for an article of clothing? is it therefore wrong to chose
clothing based on comfort?

Fashion is all about choosing the right clothing for your body type.

Fashion is not a universally considered terribly important.

Let me rephrase that then: looking good is all about choosing the right
clothing for your body type, and it needn't be in fashion, expensive,
or brand-new. Comfort automatically goes with that, IMO, because if you
aren't comfortable, you won't be confident, no matter how good it makes
you look in the mirror.

Now if you're thing is practicality only, and you don't care whether it
looks good or not, then that's not what I'm talking about. I do go for
practical & comfort while at home, but if I leave the house, I like to
look good.

jen

Old June 27th 06, 04:13 AM posted to misc.kids

"Nan" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:25:19 GMT, "Stephanie Stowe"
wrote:

"shinypenny" wrote in message
roups.com...

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
you say that there is no judgement in what you say. but what is the

"right"
body type for an article of clothing? is it therefore wrong to chose
clothing based on comfort?

Fashion is all about choosing the right clothing for your body type.

Fashion is not a universally considered terribly important.

I agree. I hate clothes shopping, and I typically grab whatever seems
to look a bit okay, and in a size that will fit. I hate to try

Me, too. I try things on and when they fit and look decent, I buy all the
colors they have in that style just so I don't have to try anymore on and
people can tell I'm not wearing the exact same shirt everyday.

Old June 27th 06, 06:32 AM posted to misc.kids

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 03:13:34 GMT, "toypup"
wrote:

Me, too. I try things on and when they fit and look decent, I buy all the
colors they have in that style just so I don't have to try anymore on and
people can tell I'm not wearing the exact same shirt everyday.

Are you related to my son? He did that all through HS. He tried on
one pair of pants. If it fit, he just bought a bunch in different
shades of brown and black in his size. His shirts were t-shirts and
sometimes he did buy things with sayings on them, but never the ones
that were considered fashionable at the time.

He preferred to have us shop for him and just get whatever we wanted
to get in his size even at 17 or 18.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old June 27th 06, 06:50 AM posted to misc.kids

wrote:

Me, too. I try things on and when they fit and look decent, I buy all the
colors they have in that style just so I don't have to try anymore on and
people can tell I'm not wearing the exact same shirt everyday.

Are you related to my son? He did that all through HS. He tried on
one pair of pants. If it fit, he just bought a bunch in different
shades of brown and black in his size. His shirts were t-shirts and
sometimes he did buy things with sayings on them, but never the ones
that were considered fashionable at the time.

He preferred to have us shop for him and just get whatever we wanted
to get in his size even at 17 or 18.

By golly, we must be related. I don't really care much for fashion, as
long as it fits and it's comfy. In fact, I wear whatever people give me,
unless it doesn't fit. I do the same for DD. I feel sorry for her. Until
she gets a fashion sense of her own, she's not going to be very fashionable.
People always say they want a little girl so they could dress her up. That
ain't happening here. I buy her clothes the same way I buy mine, except I
don't even try them on her to see if it fits. I buy them off the net and
only the sale stuff one size larger and hope she grows in them properly.
She currently has a bunch of tops and shorts that are all the same but
different colors.

Old June 27th 06, 08:17 AM posted to misc.kids

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

If the friend reported it to her, I would be mad at the friend and not
at the friend's mom. Because the friend reporting it to her doesn't
sound like she's much of a friend.

Well, she's only eight, so not at the tactful age yet. But remember that we
don't KNOW that anyone said anything; it's all hearsay.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old June 27th 06, 12:50 PM posted to misc.kids

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

If the friend reported it to her, I would be mad at the friend and not
at the friend's mom. Because the friend reporting it to her doesn't
sound like she's much of a friend.

Well, she's only eight, so not at the tactful age yet. But remember that we
don't KNOW that anyone said anything; it's all hearsay.

Eight is old enough to know what is hurtful and what is not. If the
kids were four, I would agree but by the time you're eight, you should
know. If not, then this is a perfect time for some lessons on what to
say and what not to say.

As Thumper's dad told Thumper, "If you don't have anything nice to say,
then don't say nothin' at all" (Bambi)

Jeanne