Sad..just realized what today is :(

Old April 2nd 04, 12:36 AM
Jill

Default Sad..just realized what today is :(

Sorry this is a bit OT.

My grandfather passed away on this day a year ago....I'd never have thought
a year later I'd be pregnant. I feel sad because he died 6 months after our
wedding, he loved my husband, and he would have been so happy to meet my
baby. It was very devastating for me and I had blocked it out of my thinking
until someone mentioned it to me, and now I am really sad and in tears....he
loved all his great grandkids, and loved kids in general. He always carried
Tootise Rolls and lollipops for the kids at church (he was a retired
minister). When he passed, I asked my mom to let me into his study so I
could just sit there and feel him and remember him and he still had a bag of
Tootsie Rolls on his desk. I can't even look at them anymore.

OMG, how do I stop crying? I can't stop....

Jill

Old April 2nd 04, 12:41 AM
New York Jen

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
[...]

((((JILL))))

It's normal to be sad when you are missing someone. I cried a lot during
both my pregnancies (and after) because my father passed away 8 years ago
and will never know my kids. I believe very strongly in spiritual
connections and I feel that my father is aware of my children and watches
over them. Since your grandfather was a spiritual man as well, I'm sure
he's around making sure you're ok and taking care of that lil critter you're
growing.

You'll feel better tomorrow,

Jen

Old April 2nd 04, 03:30 AM
ModernMiko

"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...

"Jill" wrote in message
[...]

My dad passed away in Jan 2002 and one thing that makes me sad about this
pregnancy is that he won't be here with the new baby. He took care of my son
while I was in school and my husband was at work from the time my son was
about 12 weeks old until he went to daycare at 3 1/2 years of age. They had
a special relationship and my dad often told me he had never been happier
because he worked a lot when my brother and I were little and he missed out
on a lot. I feel some comfort in that I feel that he knows somehow in some
way though. I also feel sad for my baby-to-be that he or she will miss out
on that experience. I also wish my dad had lived longer so my son would
remember him better but at least we have some footage of him on video. I
still miss my dad so much and cry often. He died rather suddenly and I never
got to tell him how much I loved him and how much he meant to me and us. In
fact I gotta go get some tissues now cause I'm crying again.

--
Jenn
DS 06/26/98

Old April 2nd 04, 05:57 AM
Kara H

"Jill" wrote:

OMG, how do I stop crying? I can't stop....

It's okay to cry, Jill. One thing I heard that helps me the most and it
looks like you might already be doing, but don't mourn his death, celebrate
his life. While your child won't get to meet your grandfather, she/he will
truly meet and experience him through you and your stories. His love with
pass from you to your child.

My grandmother passed away January 21st of this year. I am 18 years old (on
Wednesday) and the 2nd oldest grandchild, my brother at 19 is the oldest. I
have 10 cousins under the age of 8. The hardest part for me was knowing that
my cousins won't know and love my grandma the way I was blessed with knowing
her and giving love to her and receiving her love. After spending days and
days feeling guilty for having gotten that experience and having my heart
ripped apart knowing that they won't have the experience, I realized that I
can do something about this. It is up to me and my brother and my cousins
who are old enough to remember my grandma to pass on her love, carry on her
traditions, share her favorite stories, tell our best memories and live the
way she would have wanted us to live.

Hang in there, Jill. Cry. Laugh. Grieve. It takes time.

((((hugs))))

-Kara.

Old April 2nd 04, 07:59 AM
Kim

Jill Dear,
You experienced a very special person who is now watching over you and his
great grandkids. Try and think happy thoughts and forever cherish your grandfather's memories.

Loads of HUGS

Kim

is today the day? R.Sitter Pregnancy 8 March 17th 04 12:07 AM
Drat-- panic attack possible today. Jill Pregnancy 6 February 29th 04 03:45 AM
I Realized something today... Jill Pregnancy 2 December 19th 03 03:04 AM
due today!!! Shannon Pregnancy 1 September 15th 03 12:24 PM
40 weeks today Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 7 August 9th 03 11:49 PM