Dad's Visitation Responsibility

Old October 4th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Lvnsurpriseaz

Default Dad's Visitation Responsibility

My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody. Now, the
father refuses to pay for events that my son wants to participate in during
his visitation time. The father claims that is what his child support goes
towards. I tried explaining to the father that the child support is to help
support him during my 95% time share and that during his 5% time he is to pay
for expenses. Isn't that true????? or am I missing something here?

Dana

Old October 4th 07, 10:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Oct 4, 2:33 pm, "Lvnsurpriseaz" u37991@uwe wrote:
My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody. Now, the
father refuses to pay for events that my son wants to participate in during
his visitation time. The father claims that is what his child support goes
towards. I tried explaining to the father that the child support is to help
support him during my 95% time share and that during his 5% time he is to pay
for expenses. Isn't that true????? or am I missing something here?

Dana

He actually may have a point. However, I'm in the same situation your
husband is in, and I would never take that stance, unless I was
totally broke. It just deprives the kid.

I just suck it up and pay for the stuff I sign my daughter up for and
the stuff that she needs when she's in my care. That why lots of NCPs
who share custody gripe about having to pay twice. It's hard, and not
really fair.

Shared custody, NO child support, and everybody's should be happy
(except for the those with a sense of entitlement).

Old October 5th 07, 04:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lvnsurpriseaz" u37991@uwe wrote in message news:7934e526ec035@uwe...
Well, the father can't have shared custody because we live in two
different
states. So he only comes out 1 weekend everyother month.

How far does he have to travel? Does he pay the transportation? Does he
have to pay for a place to stay while he is there? Visitation seems like it
might be a very expensive proposition in his case.

wrote:
My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody.
Now, the
father refuses to pay for events that my son wants to participate in
during

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

Old October 5th 07, 03:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Lvnsurpriseaz via FamilyKB.com

He travels from CA to AZ. I pay $200 per year towards his travel costs. But
he chooses to travel very expensively. I was even offering my guest room to
save him money.

teachrmama wrote:
Well, the father can't have shared custody because we live in two
different
states. So he only comes out 1 weekend everyother month.

How far does he have to travel? Does he pay the transportation? Does he
have to pay for a place to stay while he is there? Visitation seems like it
might be a very expensive proposition in his case.

My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody.
Now, the

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Old October 6th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lvnsurpriseaz via FamilyKB.com" u37991@uwe wrote in message
He travels from CA to AZ. I pay $200 per year towards his travel costs.
But
he chooses to travel very expensively. I was even offering my guest room
save him money.

I'm sure you were offering your guest room with the best of intentions, but
I imagine that it would be a bit uncomfortable for him to stay there. I
don't know where in AZ he is or where in CA you are, so it could be anything
from a short, few-hour drive to a very long drive. Does he fly out?
Perhaps, with the cost of gas, that seems a wise choice to him. What do you
say to him when he tells you that the cost od yiour child's sports, etc, is
covered by the CS he already pays? BTW, did he move away from you and the
child, or did you move away from him?

Old October 4th 07, 11:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
Lvnsurpriseaz

Yes, child support is based on visitation time. If he had more visitation
time he would pay less in child support, because esentially he would need
more of the money for expenses for when he has him. Doesn't that make sense?

DB wrote:
So your idea is he pays when the child is with you and he pays when the
child is with him!

My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody. Now,
the

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Dana

Old October 5th 07, 04:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Lvnsurpriseaz" u37991@uwe wrote in message news:7934e244b57dd@uwe...
Yes, child support is based on visitation time. If he had more visitation
time he would pay less in child support, because esentially he would need
more of the money for expenses for when he has him. Doesn't that make
sense?

Just for the fun of it, why don't you pull up some child support tables and
see what the difference in child support would be if he had the child for
10% if the time. Or 25%. Alllaw.com has some tables you could try. You
might be surprised.

Old October 10th 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
scaredfather

DB wrote:
So your idea is he pays when the child is with you and he pays when the
child is with him!

My sons father pays child support and I have 100% physical custody. Now,
the

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Dana

Child support is not based on visitation time. At least not in Utah. I
have every-other weekend and at least one overnight during the week. I
usually end up having my son over two nights over the week. According
to what my attorney said to me, "only" if ex and I have shared custody
will payments go down. Major reason why ex didn't want shared custody.
Things that I pay besides child support:
529 college plan (100.00 monthly) my son barely turned two.
Daycare 50%
A lot of diapers, milk, clothes, bed, own room, preschool to name a
few things. Is this fair?