Women Good, Men Bad?

Old August 3rd 06, 03:03 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Dusty

Default Women Good, Men Bad?

http://www.ifeminists.net/introducti...26roberts.html

Women Good, Men Bad?
July 26, 2006
by Carey Roberts

It's about time that we probe an assumption that has insidiously worked its
way into our culture -- the notion that women are the guardians of goodness
and grace, while all those male neanderthals are emissaries from the dark
side.
I will freely admit that men indulge in a number of vices, those including
gluttony, greed, and of course forgetting to put the toilet seat down.
Growing up in the halcyon days of the Patriarchy, I was treated to my fair
share of ribald humor. But nothing quite prepared me for what I saw a couple
weeks ago.

Strolling at the local mall I spotted a young lass, maybe 13 years old. She
was sporting a white T-shirt with an unusual picture. The shirt depicted a
girl cold-cocking a boy. Above the how-to diagram were etched these words:
"How to Drop a Boyfriend."

For the last decade, we've been hearing the mantra, "There's no excuse for
domestic violence." So how could anyone even think of wearing a shirt like
that?

Of course the Lavender Ladies have long scorned traditional notions of
feminine virtue. In her book Feminist Morality, Virginia Held haughtily
dismisses the ideal of the unselfish, nurturing, and non-aggressive woman as
"the whole female stereotype."

So now we must ask, What happens to common morality when selfishness,
aggressiveness, and all-around oafishness are held up as the cultural ideal
for newly-liberated women?

I'm not going to dwell on the abortion issue. That's because no one, not
even the most rabid feminist, will claim that baby-killing is a virtuous
action. Their excuse is that we must allow abortion so as to not put a crimp
on a woman's lifestyle options.

Let's agree to put that one in the "selfish" category.

And what about our epidemic of hyper-aggressive females?

Our society is reeling from stories of sexually-assertive school teachers
who prey on their male students. We find it incomprehensible that teenage
girls would form into gangs and lurk in the alleyways. And research now
shows that female-initiated partner violence is more common than the male
variety.

Think of Xena the Warrior Princess with premenstrual syndrome.

Which brings me to another one of my favorite T-shirts: "Girls Lie."

Our society has become inundated with so many feminist prevarications that
it has difficulty separating truth from falsehood.

Here goes: the oppressiveness of marriage, the stifling effects of
childrearing, the gender wage gap, the epidemic of domestic violence against
women, the exclusion of women from medical research, the shortchanging of
schoolgirls, the catch-all insensitivity to women's needs, and much, much
more.

Which makes you wonder, How did the Nervous Nellies ever get through college
without a Take Back the Night rally to steady themselves?

This is my personal favorite: "Women have always been the primary victims of
war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." That
insight comes to us by way of HRC.

Now visit any of the radical feminist websites - they seethe with anti-male
diatribes and epithets. I've seen outright bigotry in my life, but nothing
that quite compares with the rants of Andrea Dworkin, Catherine McKinnon, or
Kate Millett.

Then there's the fairness gene - or lack thereof.

Feminists squawk and fuss about "gender equality," but once men become an
endangered species on college campuses, all of a sudden the message shifts
to "female empowerment." When men die five years sooner than women, why does
the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services fund Centers for Excellence
for the ladies, but not the lads?

And if the women's libbers want true equality, why aren't they burning their
bras so they can win the "right" to trek over to the post office on their
18th birthday to register for government service?

And now for the dirty little secret - feminists are the most intolerant
people on the earth!

Last week the flap was over the Screen Goddess calendar that was adorned
with 16 IT vixens. Naturally the Champions of Choice became apoplectic.
"Girls are often excluded from the possibility of the profession by its
cultural maleness," one woman shrieked.

And remember Larry Summers? He said there was a slight possibility that
discrimination was not the reason for the small numbers of female physicists
and rocket scientists. Even though he became a serial apologizer, the
red-fems tarred and feathered the poor man and sent him packing from his
Harvard U. presidency!

There's a lesson to be learned he You can never appease a feminist.

Napoleon Bonaparte once observed, "Female virtue has been held in suspicion
from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." That's why as feminism
gains, virtue wanes.

Old August 4th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
[email protected]

"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal, and it is useless to let
go the reins and then expect her not to kick over the traces. You must
keep her on a tight rein . . . Women want total freedom or rather - to
call things by their names - total licence. If you allow them to
achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to
live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be
your masters . . ."
Cato the Elder 234-149 B.C., quoted in Livy's History of Rome.

Old August 6th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
David Wilson

Napoleon Bonaparte once observed, "Female virtue has been held in
suspicion
from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." That's why as
feminism
gains, virtue wanes.

I'm begginning to think the most dangerous utterance in all of history
is...."you don't hit a woman for any reason".....while I "do" subscribe to
that theory myself and would never do such a thing just think of the
implications. If a man tries to oppress another man in any way there is
always that "I might get my ass beat" factor but for a woman in most
mainstream society this has been completely removed and that is a very very
dangerous thing.

Ask any guy.....a boyfriend and girlfriend are walking down the street and a
big group of guys hollar nasty and or degrading things to the girl, under
most "realistic" circumstances who will be the one to yell back at them?
and who will get their ass kicked?

.....it's kind of like one of those math problems isn't it....if train A
coming from Minneapolis is traveling at 65 MPH ......

The answer to the question for guys is pretty easy though....the girl will
yell and the guy will get his ass kicked for it. The differece is lack of
responsibility and respect and also the absence of consequences. I for one
cannot wait for the day that woman get TRUE equality. No matter what a
woman tells you she does NOT want true equality.

When I was 18 I was forced by our government to sign up at the post
office......for a free ham? scented candles? NO....so I could go die for
my country if they ever had to draft, and so do the guy turning 18 today and
my son most likely 14 years from now. Do women have to? NO? Equality? NO

I completely believe in mutual respect between the sexes but the idea of
EQUALITY is not real and women know it.

Dave

Old August 6th 06, 06:50 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Beachcomber

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:30:36 GMT, "David Wilson"
wrote:

Napoleon Bonaparte once observed, "Female virtue has been held in
suspicion
from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." That's why as
feminism
gains, virtue wanes.

There have been many changes in laws that promote the feminist agenda
that perhaps men may be unaware of...

For example, in my state, a person can take out a restraining order
against another person if they feel threatened by that person. The
operative word "FEEL". They don't actually have to prove that they
are threatened, they merely must "FEEL" threatened.

The whole system is geared so that it doesn't doubt the word of an
accusing woman...

The consequences are that peaceful, otherwise law-abiding men are
force from their homes and many times forced to give up their
property.

Beachcomber

Old August 6th 06, 07:01 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Bill in Co.

wrote:

Napoleon Bonaparte once observed, "Female virtue has been held in
suspicion from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." That's

why
as feminism gains, virtue wanes.

There have been many changes in laws that promote the feminist agenda
that perhaps men may be unaware of...

For example, in my state, a person can take out a restraining order
against another person if they feel threatened by that person. The
operative word "FEEL". They don't actually have to prove that they
are threatened, they merely must "FEEL" threatened.

The whole system is geared so that it doesn't doubt the word of an
accusing woman...

The consequences are that peaceful, otherwise law-abiding men are
force from their homes and many times forced to give up their property.

Beachcomber

And also that MOST of the men who get those restraining orders are prevented
from further hurting (or killing) their spouse (you conveniently left that
part out).

Of course, we all know THAT is just some old wive's tale, is completely
unfounded, and is rarely based on reality, right? (rhetorical)

Old August 6th 06, 08:31 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Chris

"Bill in Co." wrote in message
k.net...
wrote:

[...]

Please support your claim.

Old August 6th 06, 08:37 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Chris

"David Wilson" wrote in message
m...

Napoleon Bonaparte once observed, "Female virtue has been held in
suspicion
from the beginning of the world, and ever will be." That's why as
feminism
gains, virtue wanes.

I'm begginning to think the most dangerous utterance in all of history
is...."you don't hit a woman for any reason".....while I "do" subscribe to
that theory myself and would never do such a thing

I would. If ANY woman starts beating on me, I will simply make her face meet
the pavement! I am an advocate of self-defense.

[...]

Anybody with half a brain knows that men and women are inherently not equal.

Dave

Old August 6th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
P. Fritz

"Chris" wrote in message

"Bill in Co." wrote in message
k.net...
wrote:

[...]

It is a comical claim.....on its face, it is true, the vast majority of men
who have restraining orders placed on them don't hurt or kill their
spouses......for the simple reason that they never would have in the first
place......the RO is simply a tool of the divorce industry. ON the other
hand, anyone that believes the a RO PREVENTS someone from hurting or
killing a spouse has their head so firmly planted up their ass that they
will never see the daylight.

Old August 6th 06, 05:32 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
teachrmama

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

In what way, Chris? *Every* human being is different--different strengths
and weaknesses. But unequal?

Old August 6th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
YooperBoyka

"P. Fritz" paulfritz ATvoyager DOTnet wrote in message

ON the other hand, anyone that believes the a RO PREVENTS someone
from hurting or killing a spouse has their head so firmly planted up their
ass that they will never see the daylight.

I'd say that accurately describes Bill.