fetal echocardiagram today

Old November 5th 03, 05:04 PM
SMK

Default fetal echocardiagram today

wrote:

I go in for my final fetal echocardiagram today.. Everything was fine in the 18 week check up but
some things like coarctation are hard to see that early to I am having another fetal echocardiagram
today. Since I have one child with a heart defect the chances of this child having a heart defect
is 2.5 percent.. really not much.. still higher than my chances of have a baby with downs at the age
of 36. I declined the triple screen (did not want the worry) and the amnio (did not want to risk
M/C) so they want to do this echo today.

No way I would have an abortion no matter what the results... But on Sunday I will have a "legally
viable fetus".

I'm at 23.5 weeks today. I have a feeling this is really mostly being done so the doctor can make
money. I overheard him using the phrase "Cash Cow" as I walked past a meeting they were having in
the lobby on October 1st. It had nothing to do with me but still it was not the nicest thing to
hear a doctor talking about. I was not sure I was going to go at all but I forgot about the
appointment until yesterday when they called to remind me so with no time to fret about it and a
last minute ride set up with Para transit, I am going to go.

It will be nice to see the baby if nothing else.

S CHD Webring owner and
Mom to M 6 years old
(BAV, COA, 3 VSD, PDA, PVC's)
Surgery at 2 weeks and 18 months
THRIVING!

Good luck and I hope everything works out great!

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old November 6th 03, 03:49 AM
Em

wrote in message
I go in for my final fetal echocardiagram today..

All is well, no more trips to the high risk OB for me..

Baby is 23 weeks 3 days and weight 1 pound 5 ounces and heart healty..

That's great news!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old November 6th 03, 07:43 PM
Sue

Well people are different and if there is bad news to be had, personally I
like to know about it and have time to digest it and get used to it. Also,
it might help for after the baby is born if there is something wrong so they
can act accordingly. Good luck though!!
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

due today!!! Shannon Pregnancy 1 September 15th 03 12:24 PM
PPAC, vaccinations and chiro bouncer Bob (Bob Dubin, Diplomate, American Board of Chiropractic Censorship) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 September 6th 03 08:55 PM
TODAY IS MY DUE DATE!! mike and dena Pregnancy 3 August 12th 03 06:47 PM
40 weeks today Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 7 August 9th 03 11:49 PM
Fetal distress -> Autism? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 August 4th 03 06:09 AM