CS update

Old August 27th 06, 02:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
Simpledog

Default CS update

I got a 'love' letter from San Bernardino Dpt. of Child Services. Seems my
ex is trying to get more money from me.

I have to fill out an "income" decleration.

Question is this, on part of the decleration it asks if anyone is living
with me, and do they share in the expenses.

Can the State get into my girlfriends salary?

Old August 27th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Simpledog" wrote in message
I got a 'love' letter from San Bernardino Dpt. of Child Services. Seems

my
ex is trying to get more money from me.

I have to fill out an "income" decleration.

Question is this, on part of the decleration it asks if anyone is living
with me, and do they share in the expenses.

Tell them you have a dog and the dog is currentlty unemployed.

Can the State get into my girlfriends salary?

No, but they will try to push your privacy rights to the limit.

Old August 27th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.child-support
I Hate Spam

Oops, don't tell them that your dog is unemployed - they'll garnish his (the
dog's) unemployment checks or, if it's a bitch (pun intended), they might
make you pay child support for her. While they probably won't go after your
girlfriend's salary, they may try to steal your tax refunds, attack any
professional licenses you hold, ruin your credit rating, etc., etc.

While I don't live in San Bernardino County (I'm in Orange County), good ole
LA County has done all of the above, and more, to me - even though I've
never missed a single child support payment in six years - not one!

Again, DON'T tell them you have a unemployed dog, if they try to don't steal
its unemployment checks, they might want you to eat it (after all, dogs are
edible, aren't they?) as it may be the only asset they'll try to leave you
with.

Best of Luck!

Visit Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department Sucks today! -
http://www.lacochildsupport.org

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
news

Old August 27th 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
Simpledog

They already take my tax refund, mostly because they can't count. So, every
year, I over pay about a grand in the current CS order.

Is it worth fighting in court? My ex has a REAL hard time respecting my
visitation. I wonder if this is the time to deal with that as well.

Old August 27th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
I Hate Spam

They steal your tax refunds every year and you overpay by a grand every
year?! That's HORRIBLE. This is the first year that I've been stolen from
and, regardless of the court order telling them to stop, along with letters
from my attorney, LA County REFUSES to do so. I did get some help from my
assemblyman but, because I've now taken the LA Co. monsters to court, the
"legal system" takes precedence (try not to laugh).

In dealing with my situation, someone posted the following at:
http://www.lawguru.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236

PART 303_STANDARDS FOR PROGRAM OPERATIONS--Table of Contents
45CFR Sec. 303.100(a) (8)

The State must have procedures for promptly refunding to noncustodial
parents amounts which have been improperly withheld.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...cfr303.100.htm

I'm still looking into how to get my money back (my attorney says I probably
won't) but I'm trying. Hope that helps.

Old August 27th 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.child-support
Simpledog

I've been down to the local 3 story-brand-new CS enforcement building to
count for them. I've asked them "How on earth can I be behind, when the
agency garnishes my wages?". I guess I'm on the hook to count for them,
even if my math is correct, and theirs is wrong.

It comes down to this: 1,000 a month is not 500 every 2 weeks.

Oh well.

I go to court in Oct.

I guess it's time for me to fire my salvo. I've been wanting to do
something about her not respecting my time with my kids, and I guess now is
as good a time as any. I've been divorced for 6 years, and my ex doesn't
need the money, even recently telling me "I don't want your money".

And 'they' wonder why people with an education don't have kids.

Old August 27th 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
I Hate Spam

So, you've been divorced six years too - same here. It must be the "six year
itch." My ex just got remarried and that's when she asked for more money -
can you imagine? I know that she certainly doesn't spend it on the kids -
I'm the one who has always bought their clothes, paid their medical bills
and insurance, paid for school supplies, etc., etc.

When I showed up for my first hearing, I submitted every check I had ever
paid to my ex that proved that I had overpaid - that, however didn't stopped
the LA County morons from creating their own, completely fraudulent
statements (they invented all kinds of "interest" even though NONE was ever
owed). As my ex was afraid that she was going to get thrown in the slammer
(where she belongs) for fraud, she even admitted that I didn't owe any
money. Of course, that didn't stopped LA from stealing from me. Even their
shyster, Dennis Coe, signed a court document in July that stated that I've
OVERPAID, but that hasn't stopped him and the thugs he works for from
stealing more - they just took more from me yesterday - in direct defiance
of the court order.

It's only too bad that "they" don't demand that the cretins who work for the
corrupt child support agencies aren't sterilized so that they can't create
any more monsters like themselves!

Old August 27th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
TNK

"Simpledog" wrote in message
I got a 'love' letter from San Bernardino Dpt. of Child Services. Seems my
ex is trying to get more money from me.

I have to fill out an "income" decleration.

Question is this, on part of the decleration it asks if anyone is living
with me, and do they share in the expenses.

Can the State get into my girlfriends salary?

My case is in Orange County, California. In the numerous times over a
period of 9 years I filled out the I&E form, I never filled in the "Anyone
living and share expenses" part. Neither does the ex. I have a "lease"
agreement with my significant other. I am not on any deed of title, etc.,
other any other legal document. I am not sure of the arrangement she has
with her SO.

Funny how her I&E shows $2,000 gross income and $6,000 expenses.
Mine shows $6,780 and $3,000 expenses. My net pay after taxes and support
( garnished ) is $992.21. I pay $1,875 per month in C$ for three children
ages 15,13 and 11.

You need to file a response to the order to show cause (if there is one) or
you will be in default. At the very least, file the I&E to the Department
of Child Services along with recent pay stubs.

They are able to intercept tax refunds, so I adjusted my W4 in a way that I
have to pay minimal taxes at the end of the year ( a few hundred or less).
I do need to put the anticipated amount aside for this. Another way is to
apply the tax refund to next year's tax return. They don't see this as a
"refund" and can't take it. Although, if you owe back taxes to the Federal,
the IRS will gladly take the amount you applied to next year's tax return
and apply it to the amount you owe. My father was an IRS agent for years,
and always told me the IRS is not a savings account.

Old August 27th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
Simpledog

Did you use the services of an attorney?

Also, have you run into the situation where your ex always disrespects, or
ignores the court ordered visitation?

"TNK" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 27th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.child-support
TNK

I have been using an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney to appear
in court, at the very least seek legal advice from one with experience that
is still in practice. Those without attorneys tend to get chewed up more
than those with an attorney. I have visited the court room just to see what
can happen, and it is not pretty all the time.

Visitation and Support are two separate issues from what I understand. If
you know for a fact and have some kind of documentation of your court
ordered visitation, file an Order to Show Cause and cite something like
"parental alienation" for preventing your normal schedule of visitation.
Make sure you can quote or have the written court order with you. Be sure
to have an attorney or some kind of legal counsel look over the order first.

I think it goes without saying, there have been many times I scheduled
visitation in writing with her confirming the date and time, and the ex just
happened to go out with the kids at that time. Convenient.
I have waited in the car on the street many times.

I am not an attorney, but have been through the process many times in the
past 9 years.

"Simpledog" wrote in message
Did you use the services of an attorney?

Also, have you run into the situation where your ex always disrespects, or
ignores the court ordered visitation?

"TNK" wrote in message
. ..

"Simpledog" wrote in message
[...]

Update to update on Shiny [email protected] Pregnancy 4 March 24th 06 02:06 AM
32 week update and fluid issues update Jennifer Howe Pregnancy 1 April 29th 05 06:55 AM
16 week update Jamie Clark Pregnancy 4 December 10th 04 12:03 AM
Great 1st appointment, 18 wk. update and AFP update Beach mum Pregnancy 0 October 5th 04 10:15 PM
Use critical update Alex Nemeth Single Parents 0 October 2nd 03 03:42 AM