Erika the Doula - and 'medical mysteries surrounding birth'

Old December 18th 06, 06:11 PM posted to sci.med,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids
Todd Gastaldo

Default Erika the Doula - and 'medical mysteries surrounding birth'

ERIKA THE DOULA - AND "MEDICAL MYSTERIES SURROUNDING BIRTH"

Attention: Clayton Skaggs, DC, instructor in OB/GYN at Washington
University via .

Attention: Arizona Atty Genl TERRY GODDARD via
and
.

Some "medical mysteries" are obvious child abuse by MDs. See below.

Doulas (and DCs and others) shouldn't have to try to prevent obvious
mass child abuse by MDs.

The obvious mass child abuse by MDs should end immediately - once it is
reported - as I am doing here.

See the arrogant boast of Steve B. Harris, MD, below.

ERIKA THE DOULA - AND "MEDICAL MYSTERIES SURROUNDING BIRTH"

OPEN LETTER archived for global access; see below.

Erika Gebhardt
Doula
Yuma, Arizona
USA
www.laborwithme.com
via

Hi Erika,

I'm writing because you mention women being "intimidated" by "the
medical mysteries surrounding birth," as in,

"Sometimes women are intimidated by the medical mysteries surrounding
birth, and as a birth professional, I can act as a liason between you
and your care provider."
http://www.laborwithme.com/whatsadoula.html

I am concerned that women aren't being explicitly INFORMED regarding
various medical mysteries surrounding birth.

Three medical mysteries concern me greatly...

1. MD-obstetricians use semisitting and dorsal delivery positions which
are known to close birth canals up to 30%.

2. MD-obstetricians KEEP women semisitting or dorsal - keep birth
canals closed the "extra" up to 30% - when babies get stuck.

3. MD-obstetrician experts have been/are LYING to cover-up.

For the Four OB Cover-up Lies (they are whoppers)...

See Dents in babies' skulls"
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/08abfc7ff242150e

Alternate URL:

DOULA FRUSTRATION

One doula expressed frustration at this bizarre birth-canal-closing
MD-obstetrician behavior:

"Trust me, I've talked and
suggested until I was blue in the face, and still the vast majority of
births I've attended as a doula ended up in a semisit due to caregiver
preference. Frustrating as all hell."
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....9e093153d946e2

YUMA SUN reporter Juana M. Gyek quoted you:

"'I don't make any decisions,' Gebhardt said. Instead, she lets parents
know what is available."
http://sun.yumasun.com/cgi-bin/artma...w.cgi/15/23819

Erika, regarding letting parents know what is available...

I hope you will explicitly inform parents of available clinical and
radiographic evidence that semisitting and dorsal close the birth canal
up to 30%.

I hope you will also explicitly inform parents of available clinical
and radiographic evidence that MD-obstetricians are routinely (1 in 10
births) KEEPING women semisitting or dorsal thereby keeping the birth
canal closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck.

Finally - and most importantly - I hope you will explicitly inform
parents that it is easy to allow the birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up
to 30%, as in,

LADIES: PREVENTION: To allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up
30%, just stay
off your sacrum as you push your baby out. Many women like side-lying
delivery. Kneeling against the raised head of the bed works. So does
standing. So does hands-and-knees. Virtually EVERY delivery position
allows the birth canal to open maximally - except dorsal and
semisitting -
the two most commonly used by obstetricians.

Erika, for your convenience, the simple birth-canal-closing
biomechanics of semisitting (and some of the clinical and radiographic
references from the medical literature from last century) were
published late last century. See Gastaldo TD. Letter. Birth.
1992;19(4):230-1.

Of course, women shouldn't have to ask for the "extra" up to 30% when
their babies get stuck.

Most women don't KNOW to ask.

In this regard, I note that you offer pregnant women the service of
talking to their MD-obstetricians and midwives ("can act as a liason
between you and your care provider")...
http://www.laborwithme.com/whatsadoula.html

You might want to do ALL pregnant parents in your area the service of
contacting all MD-obstetricians and midwives in your area to make sure
that THEY (the MD-obstetricians and midwives) are aware that their
semisitting and dorsal birth delivery option closes the birth canal up
to 30%. (Again, women shouldn't have to ask and most women don't KNOW
to ask.)

FURTHER...

If, like me, you suspect it is CHILD ABUSE for MD-obstetricians and
midwives to senselessly keep birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%,
I urge you to join me in contacting law enforcement in Arizona.

Then again, you (and other doulas) may fear retribution from
MD-obstetricians - so I will (sort of) understand if you don't report
the obvious MD crime. (Maybe you could join with all doulas in Arizona
and contact law enforcement/report the obvious MD child abuse? Just a
thought.)

As indicated above, I am copying Arizona Atty Genl Terry Goddard via
and via .

I'll also copy AZ Atty Genl Goddard via:

Mary R. O'Grady )
Peter Alex Silverman )
Office of the Attorney General
1275 W. Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85007-2926

Bruce L. Skolnik )
Catherine M. Stewart )
Office of the Attorney General
177 N. Church
Suite 1105
Tucson, Arizona 85701-1114

As usual, I'll copy Oregon Atty Genl Hardy Myers via
.

THE PROBLEM: Law enforcement officers are engaging in professional
foot-dragging - babies be damned.

MDs *know* that law enforcement is failing to enforce the law.

Steve. B. Harris, MD arrogantly boasts:

"Without enforcement, there is no law. Without law, there is no crime.
These are elementary principles. Get an adult to explain them to you."
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....866f3384801ae9

This is why it is important for everyone to publicly inform law
enforcement - report the obvious mass child abuse by MDs.

Note: I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As medical
students, MDs are TRAINED to perform obvious felonies.

ONE LAST NOTE FOR ERIKA:

I liked your discussion of what doulas do - complete with your "SHORTER
[LABOR]" reference...
http://www.laborwithme.com/yourepregnant.html

Just in case you haven't seen it, here's a 2006 reference regarding
doulas shortening labor...

"CONCLUSION: Providing low-income pregnant women with the
option to choose a female friend who has received lay doula training
and will act as doula during labor, along with other family members,
shortens the labor process."

Campbell DA, Lake MF, Falk M, Backstrand JR. A
randomized control trial of continuous support in labor by a lay doula.

J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2006 Jul-Aug;35(4):456-64, PubMed
abstract.

Getting women off their sacra has been reported to shorten labor, too.
See Gardosi et al.'s 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled trial of
squatting" (where nobody squatted!)...

I hope doulas everywhere will join me in exercising all options/doing
everything possible to shorten labor/stop the bizarre
birth-canal-closing behavior of MD-obstetricians and midwives.

Even if closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30% does not shorten
labor, MD-obstetricians and midwives shouldn't be doing it.

AGAIN...

Women shouldn't have to ask for the "extra" up to 30% when their babies
get stuck.

Most women don't KNOW to ask.

Informing law enforcement/reporting the obvious MD crime - is perhaps
the best way to help all women.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

PS1 I have also been urging doctors of chiropractic to speak out. I
recently wrote to Clayton Skaggs, DC, an instructor in an OB/GYN
department - but forgot to urge him (and other DCs) to report the
obvious MD mass child abuse crime.

So I am cc'ing this to Clayton Skaggs, DC et al.

Note: When I write to DCs I generally try to emphasize the SPINAL
MANIPULATION aspect of the obvious MD crime....

BEGIN excerpt of Chiropractor in OB/GYN Dept (also: The Great Squat Robbery: Creating chair-dwelling 'diversity')

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...d38cac91a87bb1

OPEN LETTER TO CLAYTON SKAGGS, DC...

By using semisitting and dorsal delivery, MD-obstetricians are closing
birth
canals up to 30%. For the simple
biomechanics and references from the medical literature, see Gastaldo
TD.
Birth. 1992;19(4):230-1.

MD-obstetricians are KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%
as
they pull with hands/forceps and vacuums.

Some babies die - some get paralyzed - most "only" have their spines
gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly
closed
the "extra" up to 30%.

MD-obstetrician experts have been LYING to cover-up.

For the Four OB Lies (they are whoppers)...

See Dents in babies' skulls"
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/08abfc7ff242150e

Alternate URL:

NOTE: Besides having their spines gruesomely wrenched, babies are
actually
being vacuumed to death - made to bleed to death into their scalps -
thousands per year (please check my math in the URL below) - with
MD-obstetricians senselessly KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up
30% as they literally vacuum/rip/separate baby scalps from baby
skulls...

See Dr. Hull made SOME changes I recommended, but he still
'forgets' those hematomas ABOVE the periosteum...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...f53c2204fce76e

LADIES: PREVENTION: To allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up
30%, just stay
off your sacrum as you push your baby out. Many women like side-lying
delivery. Kneeling against the raised head of the bed works. So does
standing. So does hands-and-knees. Virtually EVERY delivery position
allows the birth canal to open maximally - except dorsal and
semisitting -
the two most commonly used by obstetricians.

Compelling MD-obstetricians to allow their birth canals to open the
"extra"
up to 30% is not going to prevent all deaths from vacuum extractions -
it's
just that MD-obstetricians have no business vacuuming babies out of
their
mothers with birth canals senselessly closed the "extra" up to 30%.

OBVIOUS FRAUD: Prof. Bernard Gonik, MD's 1989 paper [Obstet Gynecol
Vol.
74] mysteriously
("scientifically") created an obvious inlet shoulder dystocia hoax
after
Prof. Gonik called shoulder dystocia "a true outlet obstruction" in
1983 [Am
J Obstet Gynecol Vol. 145].

(Head-out-the-vagina inlet shoulder dystocia is a physical
impossibility.
With the posterior shoulder trapped way up the Curve of Carus at the
sacral
promontory, there is no force that would push the fetal head out the
vagina - even if the fetal neck could stretch that far.)

A page from Prof Gonik's 1989 inlet dystocia hoax paper is actually
pictured
in a 1995 ACOG video ("reviewed in 1998") which was recently accepted
(March
2000) as evidence by a federal appeals court.

See Costantino v. Herzog/Gerontologic White Elephants/Footprints on the
toilet seat
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...ed642f73945f7c

ONE LAST NOTE...

Dr. DD Palmer named chiropractic, in part, "the mental act of
accumulating
knowledge." [1910:19]

This only seems arrogant until one realizes that MDs were then - and
still
are - RESTRICTING the mental act of accumulating knowledge.

See the Four OB Lies at the URL above. They are whoppers.

END excerpt of Chiropractor in OB/GYN Dept (also: The Great Squat Robbery: Creating chair-dwelling 'diversity')

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...d38cac91a87bb1

PS2 ONE LAST NOTE FOR ERIKA...

Regarding your "Whatsadoula" page...
http://www.laborwithme.com/whatsadoula.html

If the birth-chair-semisitting woman in that picture is on her sacrum,
she is closing her birth canal the "extra" up to 30% - mechanically
inhibiting labor if the baby is at the pelvic outlet. (Neurological
inhibition likely occurs before the baby is at the outlet - because the
sacroiliac joints are obviously not supposed to be torqued that way as
the baby is coming.)

My recollection is that there is a birth chair/stool designed to let
the sacrum move back - I think it is made by deBye (sp).

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

Copied to: YUMA SUN reporter Juana M. Gyek (quoted above) via

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet
archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Erika the Doula - and
'medical mysteries surrounding birth'"