Newborn and sleep

Old July 12th 07, 01:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Newborn and sleep

Well, he have an apt with the pediatrician tomorrow, so hopefully we
will get some answers. I got home today and wife said he was cranky
and crying all day. 5 minutes after you put him down, he starts
crying. So I put him on top of the dryer in his car seat. Boom he's
out like a light.

Old July 12th 07, 12:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"NL" wrote in message
schrieb:
Well, he have an apt with the pediatrician tomorrow, so hopefully we
will get some answers. I got home today and wife said he was cranky
and crying all day. 5 minutes after you put him down, he starts
crying. So I put him on top of the dryer in his car seat. Boom he's
out like a light.

For what it's worth: My son screamed for the first 6 months. Some babies
just do. At one month he was certainly not a sleeping angel, he nursed 1.5
hours then sleep 30 minutes, then start nursing again. It wasn't much fun,
but by now it's pretty much forgotten.
Oh, and I bet you're starting to understand those people who hurt their
babies ;-)
It's rough, but he's only a month old and you've already changed a lot
around him (bf to ff, co sleeping to his own bed,...), let him get
accustomed to the world out here, he had 9 months on the inside, give him
time to adjust from there to the outside. Imagine you're being moved to
some other country and then people start changing stuff every week, you
wouldn't be the happiest person either, would you?

snip
I don't think they find changes any more confusing at this age than usual
life. You may have other experiences, but my 3 all have coped with changes
at this time without any problems. The older 2 coped much less well with
changes at 6-10 months.
Debbie