12 Weeks: doubts & reassurance wanted...

Old September 27th 03, 04:41 AM
Carol Ann

Default 12 Weeks: doubts & reassurance wanted...

::12 weeks preg and NO morningsickness, NO cramps, pains, feelings in my
:: tummy, NO change to my normal life/routine, NO food cravings/aversions.

Same here. I'm approximately 13 - 14 weeks with no symptoms other than
soreness in my breasts (which is all but gone now).

:: I am due for my 2nd U/S ( I had the first at 7wks before I left town for
:: 4 weeks ) next Tuesday and am scared the baby (i) might be dead ? (ii)
:: might have Down's or similar ? ( I have heard that Down's babies are the
:: most carefree pregs ? )

Glad to hear you are getting another ultrasound! I wished I could have
another one! My 3rd OB appt is on the 9th and there is no ultrasound
scheduled.

If it makes you feel any better, I called my OB last week complaining of no
symptoms and asked if there was anything I could do. She assured me that I
was healthy and that really there was nothing I could do.

I have not heard that down babies are carefree pregnancies. I have heard
that most chromosonal abnormalities result in miscarriage.

I have purchased a few non pregnancy related books to keep my mind off of
the worry. It seems to be working. I also started to watch the new season
of many of my favorite programs. I walk 1 1/2 miles daily. I have tried
just about everything I can do to keep my mind off the pregnancy.

If you are interested, I read and recommend "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The
Five People You Meet in Heaven" written by Mitch Albom.

I think I'll purchase and re read "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by
Harold Kushner. As I recall, it was very enlightening.

:: One thing that is ( sort of ) reassuring ( though not much fun ) was
:: that I was extremely constipated last month. So I know that is a real
:: symptom. I have also put on some kgs, but then I worry "maybe it's
:: because i'm eating too much ??"

Me, too. I have gained a few pounds over the last two weeks. I'm going to
try to drop 2 by my next OB appointment because I KNOW it is from
overeating.

:: I know i'm freaking out a little, but i'd love to hear from other women
:: with "symptomless" pregnancies, and hopefully with good outcomes ( ie:
:: healthy babies )

Well, I'm a fellow symptomless pregnant woman, but I am a long way away from
delivery!

If you Google Carol Ann in the MKP newsgroup, you will find your question
addressed to me. I asked the same questions!

Please try not to worry and do keep us posted on your progress!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old September 27th 03, 05:01 AM
Sandi

"melbgal1" wrote in message

Hello everyone.
12 weeks preg and NO morningsickness, NO cramps, pains, feelings in my
tummy, NO change to my normal life/routine, NO food cravings/aversions.

I am due for my 2nd U/S ( I had the first at 7wks before I left town for
4 weeks ) next Tuesday and am scared the baby (i) might be dead ? (ii)
might have Down's or similar ? ( I have heard that Down's babies are the
most carefree pregs ? )

One thing that is ( sort of ) reassuring ( though not much fun ) was
that I was extremely constipated last month. So I know that is a real
symptom. I have also put on some kgs, but then I worry "maybe it's
because i'm eating too much ??"

I know i'm freaking out a little, but i'd love to hear from other women
with "symptomless" pregnancies, and hopefully with good outcomes ( ie:
healthy babies )

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I have two perfectly healthy girls ( a 3 year old and a 1 year old) and
had absolutely wonderful pregnancies with both of them. No morning
sickness, no nausea, no food cravings or aversions, no breast tenderness,
and not even any Braxton Hicks contractions - I loved being pregnant! I
think some women's bodies just handle pregnancy better than others.

I hope this gives you a little reassurance that everything will be alright
with your pregnancy!

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old September 27th 03, 09:20 AM
pcb

Hi

I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm also pretty much the same as you and
Carol Ann. My first two months I had very little energy and sore
breasts, but that was about it. I did have some twinges one day, but
that was way back at the beginning when I first realized I was pregnant.
I've lost about 2-3 lbs and my clothes still fit. Sometimes I feel a
little queasy but not so much that I feel I need to vomit. No one would
ever guess I was pregnant just by looking at me.

I've had 2 ultrasounds so far. One was for the dating (10 weeks) and
the other was for the integrated test (down syndrome & spina bifida)
that I decided to haveat 12 weeks, I'm 39. The baby was very active in
both and I could see the heart beating. I sometimes find it amazing
that I'm carrying another human life inside of me yet my body doesn't
really feel much different at all.

Both my mother and sister had easy pregnancies, so I guess I'm just
following in their footsteps, thank god.

Good luck.

pcb

Old September 27th 03, 10:50 AM
Dagny

"melbgal1" wrote in message

Hello everyone.
12 weeks preg and NO morningsickness, NO cramps, pains, feelings in my
tummy, NO change to my normal life/routine, NO food cravings/aversions.

I am due for my 2nd U/S ( I had the first at 7wks before I left town for
4 weeks ) next Tuesday and am scared the baby (i) might be dead ? (ii)
might have Down's or similar ? ( I have heard that Down's babies are the
most carefree pregs ? )

One thing that is ( sort of ) reassuring ( though not much fun ) was
that I was extremely constipated last month. So I know that is a real
symptom. I have also put on some kgs, but then I worry "maybe it's
because i'm eating too much ??"

I know i'm freaking out a little, but i'd love to hear from other women
with "symptomless" pregnancies, and hopefully with good outcomes ( ie:
healthy babies )

Thanks in advance.

Don't forget that if you don't have your period, that's a symptom So
you've got THE MAIN symptom of pregnancy.

Old September 27th 03, 11:02 AM
Clisby

melbgal1 wrote:
Hello everyone.
12 weeks preg and NO morningsickness, NO cramps, pains, feelings in my
tummy, NO change to my normal life/routine, NO food cravings/aversions.

I am due for my 2nd U/S ( I had the first at 7wks before I left town for
4 weeks ) next Tuesday and am scared the baby (i) might be dead ? (ii)
might have Down's or similar ? ( I have heard that Down's babies are the
most carefree pregs ? )

One thing that is ( sort of ) reassuring ( though not much fun ) was
that I was extremely constipated last month. So I know that is a real
symptom. I have also put on some kgs, but then I worry "maybe it's
because i'm eating too much ??"

I know i'm freaking out a little, but i'd love to hear from other women
with "symptomless" pregnancies, and hopefully with good outcomes ( ie:
healthy babies )

Thanks in advance.

I didn't have *symptomless* pregnancies - at 12 weeks with both I was
still so tired I could barely function. I never had morning sickness,
though.

Clisby

Old September 27th 03, 01:42 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Carol Ann writes:

Me, too. I have gained a few pounds over the last two weeks. I'm going
to try to drop 2 by my next OB appointment because I KNOW it is from
overeating.

Not such a great idea IMO - losing weight during pregnancy is never
advised, even though, as people have said in the other thread, it isn't
really worrying if it happens and you can't help it, provided you can stay
hydrated. Better to just try not to overeat any more - pay close attention
to hunger signals and eat when your body wants you to.

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

Old September 27th 03, 03:36 PM
Carol Ann

:: Me, too. I have gained a few pounds over the last two weeks. I'm going
:: to try to drop 2 by my next OB appointment because I KNOW it is from
:: overeating.
::
:: Not such a great idea IMO - losing weight during pregnancy is never
:: advised, even though, as people have said in the other thread, it isn't
:: really worrying if it happens and you can't help it, provided you can
stay
:: hydrated. Better to just try not to overeat any more - pay close
attention
:: to hunger signals and eat when your body wants you to.

Agreed. If I stop overeating and cut out the sugary/carby foods I've been
eating, continue to walk daily and drink my 3 liters of water, I'm sure my
body will drop the 2 lbs.

I am in no way starving (trust me). I am eating well. Just too well! LOL!

Thanks!

Old September 27th 03, 03:38 PM
Carol Ann

:: Don't forget that if you don't have your period, that's a symptom So
:: you've got THE MAIN symptom of pregnancy.

That's true! Also, I just noticed a brownish "birthmark-looking" spot on my
breast. Hmmm.. I think I remember hearing that can happen.

Old September 27th 03, 04:37 PM
Dagny

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
[...]

CA -- I think your concern about your weight gain is mostly because you are
just retaining water, although some fat stores are normal preparation for
lactation. I say that because you are reporting fairly dramatic weight
movements between appointments, which probably can't be physiologically
explained by 3600 extra calories actually stored per pound gained. So
probably you can throw off 2 pounds of water by stopping eating foods that
are not good for you; but you don't want to go into actual ketosis during
pregnancy.

Anyway -- my two cents.

Dagny

Old September 27th 03, 05:07 PM
Carol Ann

:: CA -- I think your concern about your weight gain is mostly because you
are
:: just retaining water, although some fat stores are normal preparation for
:: lactation. I say that because you are reporting fairly dramatic weight
:: movements between appointments, which probably can't be physiologically
:: explained by 3600 extra calories actually stored per pound gained. So
:: probably you can throw off 2 pounds of water by stopping eating foods
that
:: are not good for you; but you don't want to go into actual ketosis during
:: pregnancy.
::
:: Anyway -- my two cents.
::
:: Dagny

I eat way to many carbs to go into ketosis. That was a real problem for me
with low carbing. I did lose 20 lbs in 7 weeks, but because I don't eat
landanimals, most of my protein came from tuna fish. Since I can't eat tuna
more than 2 times a week, I'm struggling to get in my protein.

I eat too many fried foods, low fat creamsicles, ice cream bars, cakes,
bread and pasta. I know I do. Though I can't figure out WHY I do.

I do eat allot of fruit and veggies (I love them). I have a problem with
overeating (binging in the past). So, I have got to get myself under
control.

I will not diet while pregnant. I'm merely speaking about lowering the
"BAD" foods I'm eating.