Signs of labour to come

Old April 5th 05, 05:24 AM
chonni

Default Signs of labour to come

Hi guys

I am at 38 weeks and 1 day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a bit of mucus last week but it did not have blood in it, but it
looked like it had egg whites in it, could this be part of the plug????

Also this week I have been feeling really good, like I have heaps of
energy, I have been sleeping better and have finished up at work.

Also my bowel movements have got heaps better aswell.

My house is completely spotless, I have cleaned it top to bottom, it
looks great and all of my washing is up to date and the house just
feels like it is ready to have a baby in it.

Are these signs that labour may be just around the corner?????

I cant wait any longer, I want to start getting contractions!!!

Im not even scared about labour at all, I havent been scared the whole
time, I just want it to start as every little niggly pain I get or
anything niggly I start thinking "is this it"???

I would really appreciate any comments on things that anyone got a week
or days before labour!!!!

Regards
Chanelle

Old April 5th 05, 06:18 PM
Larry McMahan

Sure, these are all signs of impending labor, but they could still
go on for another 1 to 4 weeks!

Larry

Old April 5th 05, 11:16 PM
Joybelle

"chonni" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys

I am at 38 weeks and 1 day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a bit of mucus last week but it did not have blood in it, but it
looked like it had egg whites in it, could this be part of the plug????

Also this week I have been feeling really good, like I have heaps of
energy, I have been sleeping better and have finished up at work.

Also my bowel movements have got heaps better aswell.

My house is completely spotless, I have cleaned it top to bottom, it
looks great and all of my washing is up to date and the house just
feels like it is ready to have a baby in it.

Are these signs that labour may be just around the corner?????

Well, they could be and they might not be. Fun, isn't it?!

I cant wait any longer, I want to start getting contractions!!!

Im not even scared about labour at all, I havent been scared the whole
time, I just want it to start as every little niggly pain I get or
anything niggly I start thinking "is this it"???

I would really appreciate any comments on things that anyone got a week
or days before labour!!!!

Well, with my first I had an internal done, and I was not effaced or
dilated. I went into labor early the next morning. I had no contractions,
no bloody show, no globs of plug. My water broke, and I knew it was finally
it. My second was pretty much the same. My third was different, though. I
had a week of the plug letting go, so it is so variable!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old April 25th 05, 05:52 AM
carl jones

"chonni" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys

I am at 38 weeks and 1 day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a bit of mucus last week but it did not have blood in it, but it
looked like it had egg whites in it, could this be part of the plug????

Also this week I have been feeling really good, like I have heaps of
energy, I have been sleeping better and have finished up at work.

Also my bowel movements have got heaps better aswell.

My house is completely spotless, I have cleaned it top to bottom, it
looks great and all of my washing is up to date and the house just
feels like it is ready to have a baby in it.

Are these signs that labour may be just around the corner?????

Sounds like you are on your way. I am a couple of weeks behind in my
messages. By the time you read this, you will probably be ready to write a
birth story.

Carl

long labour (36 hours) - advice needed Abi Pregnancy 14 July 15th 04 02:38 PM
Valium and labour Rosie Pregnancy 5 May 26th 04 06:29 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 09:37 PM
Checking BP/preeclampsia signs in labour Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 11 October 15th 03 10:25 AM
Midwives & Home birth vs. an OB & hospital ? LSU Grad of '89 Pregnancy 54 October 12th 03 09:26 PM