Multiples -- Babies in Litters -- Dixon Quads

Old April 5th 05, 06:09 AM
Chotii

"hatshopgirl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chotii wrote:
"hatshopgirl" wrote in message
oups.com...

Anne Rogers wrote:

I'm a little dubious about this, firstly there is only a PO Box
number,
2ndly the cheques are supposed to be payable to some random

person,
3rdly,
no scan photos.

Doubts aside, It's true. I know them personally.

Who are you? ($1)

--angela

To expect me to answer that question, it would only be fair to identify
yourself. Not that it matters either. I respect your privacy and do
expect you to do so in such a forum. But what I imagine is that you
want further authentication of and information about the Dixon Quads
story.

Actually, ma'am, the folks here know a great deal about me. I've been here
for years, and my first post to the newsgroup was not a plea for money.

The same cannot be said for you. You might be the most sincere creature in
the world.

Or, you might be the creator of the website, the recipient of the funds, and
a shyster extraordinaire. How are we supposed to know? Just because you say
so? Sorry. I'm busy caring for, and paying for, my own four children.

--angela

Old April 5th 05, 03:43 PM
AuntM

Hello all. My name is Meredith. Liz is my sister. Raymond, just
above, is our father. [ Hey, Dad ) ] And I'm the aunt to the Dixon
Quads and the adorable almost-one-year-old Logan. I understand that
someone on the outside may be skeptic to the story, but it is as real
as it gets for my family. While my sister is not the only mother of 5
children out there, she and her husband are facing an enormous daily
struggle, a reality of continued medical bills and health problems to
come. As for right now, as my dad said, we're just praying for those
babies to stay put a while longer; hoping that Liz's body stays strong
through it all. So, here's my sincere plea: Pray for my sister. I
know in my heart that it is the prayers and generosity of strangers
that will see our family through this. Thank you. AuntM, signing off.
;o)

Old April 5th 05, 11:14 PM
Paula J

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:08:39 -0400, "RAAYMOND"
wrote:

As we speak, Liz is not quite 26 weeks along,
and her doctors do not think they can hold off delivery for much more than
another week. Babies born prior to 28 weeks are at very high risk, as is
the mother.

Many prayers to all of you. No $$$, as I've got my own twins and
another on the way :-)

I just wanted to pass on to you that my twin daughters were born at
exactly 26 weeks gestation. They will be two on Friday and are doing
very, very well. One is completely caught up in every area, and the
other has some delays that are getting less pronounced with each
passing week. They are happy, healthy girls.

I just wanted to share that, because I know how much I lived for
preemie success stories when I was hospitalized for impending delivery
at 25 weeks. Again, best wishes.

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks)
Old April 6th 05, 12:44 AM
AuntM

wrote:

[...]

Thank you, Paula... for sharing Olivia & Cassie's success story.
Best wishes for you, your twins, and baby boy on the way.

- Meredith (a.k.a. AuntM to Logan & the Dixon Quads)

Old April 6th 05, 08:56 AM

Doubts aside, It's true. I know them personally.

You should suggest to your friends that they apply for medicaid to pay
the medical expenses of pg. They allow fairly large income when
covering pg women.

KC

Old April 14th 05, 04:37 AM

Anne Rogers wrote:
http://www.dixonquads.com
Ever heard of anyone conceiving QUINTUPLETS (5 BABIES!) while on

birth
control?! Here's a true story. Check out this website about a
real-life family's story from Dallas, Texas, the mom, her high-risk
pregnancy, the multiple birth. Great story and helpful links about
multiples. You can even donate to the cause.

I'm a little dubious about this, firstly there is only a PO Box

number,
2ndly the cheques are supposed to be payable to some random person,

3rdly,
no scan photos.

According to the news here in Dallas, the Dixon quads were born
Wednesday afternoon. One boy and three girls. They were 13 weeks
early, the combined weight for the four babies was only 6.5 pounds.
They showed all 4 babies and interviewed both parents. Not much else
was said about the babies so I guess they're doing ok all things
considered. Please note - I'm not in any way affiliated with the
family, and I lurk here a lot but rarely post. My only exposure to the
story was the original post and thread, and I just happened to catch
the story tonight on the news and thought I would post an update.

Amanda

Old April 14th 05, 05:27 AM
rangitotogirl

According to the news here in Dallas, the Dixon quads were born
Wednesday afternoon. One boy and three girls. They were 13 weeks
early, the combined weight for the four babies was only 6.5 pounds.
They showed all 4 babies and interviewed both parents. Not much else
was said about the babies so I guess they're doing ok all things
considered. Please note - I'm not in any way affiliated with the
family, and I lurk here a lot but rarely post. My only exposure to the
story was the original post and thread, and I just happened to catch
the story tonight on the news and thought I would post an update.

Amanda

Here's the link for those interested:
http://www.dixonquads.com/quads.html

Old April 14th 05, 02:44 PM

Cathy Weeks wrote:

Well, sort of. I don't know what if any birth control they were

using,

Most likely none - this was, after all, in the 30s.

but the Dionne Quintuplets of Canada were born in the 1930s (?).

Yes, that sounds right - it was during the Depression.

They
weren't the result of fertility treatment, and they are even more

rare,
because they were born at home, with no high-tech treatment at all.
All survived. And here's the rare part: they were identical, I'm
pretty sure.

Yes, that's what the doctors thought. (It can't be confirmed since
this was in the days prior to genetic testing, but the available tests
pointed towards them being identical.)

All the best,

Sarah

Old April 25th 05, 04:27 AM
carl jones

Chotii wrote:

Or, you might be the creator of the website, the recipient of the funds,
and a shyster extraordinaire. How are we supposed to know? Just because
you say so? Sorry. I'm busy caring for, and paying for, my own four
children.

It sounds to me like a money scam, Angela! Someone not willing to tell us
who she is when we are all open with each other And asking for money.

Carl