gripe of the day

Old June 25th 04, 09:43 PM
Joelle

Default gripe of the day

If you're a married man and you're reading this... look down. If you
don't have a ring on your finger, think about this... you're wasting my
time

Yeah and if you are like my husband and take off your ring to do woodworking
and then you put it somewhere and then you go and die -- it might be months
before your wife can even find it, and she'll be really annoyed.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old June 26th 04, 03:53 AM

"'Kate" wrote in message
Married men who don't wear rings. Don't they realize what a tremendous
waste of time they are? Not that married men are a waste of time in
general but ya know... I'm not out there talking to a guy just to "make
friends". I now have three married male friends. Super --sarcastic.

Married male friends are uncomfortable. I can't call them when I need
help or advice. Their wives own their time. I can't call just to talk
'cause that's just plain wrong. The "relationship" is always going to
remain the same and if, by some chance, it didn't, then I'd be the other
woman... nope. That ain't gonna happen.

If you're a married man and you're reading this... look down. If you
don't have a ring on your finger, think about this... you're wasting my
time. At 45, I don't have time to waste. Put a ring on and stop using
me to boost your ego. If you're not getting it from your wife, divorce
her and then call me.

'Kate

I hear ya Kate!

Old June 26th 04, 02:17 PM
Joelle

I don't think that's quite what kate's referring to.

Um, yea I know, I thought you were allowed to add on to gripes, I dunno, did
someone change the rules and not tell me?

Old June 26th 04, 02:19 PM
Joelle

and then you put it somewhere and then you go and die

Couldn't ya just kill him for that?

Yup. Men, They are so annoying.

I guess you can't even look for the telltale white skin around the finger if
they never wear a ring can ya?

Old June 26th 04, 11:00 PM
Joelle

Well... I'm not exactly
divorced. We separated last week." Sheesh.

I'm astounded by the number of people (men and women) who think being separated
is equal to being single.

Like I wanna be in *that*
position?

I think they call that being the "comfort" woman...you provide sympathy,
affirmation of their masuclinity, sex of course until they have healed enough
to move on.

Yea yea, before the men get their tighty whiteys in a bunch, it's the same the
other way around too...

Old June 27th 04, 02:31 AM
quietguy

Nice one Kate

David - who finds it to stay good friends with married ladies

--
If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Old June 27th 04, 02:32 AM
quietguy

Nice one Kate

David - who finds it hard to stay good friends with married ladies - their
partners get jealous

Old June 28th 04, 04:04 PM
Lisa

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you shouldn't look at every man you meet as anything more than a new
acquaintance. You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Additionally, don't forget that some men, and women wear wedding rings just
to keep the predators at bay. I sure did whenever I travelled on business.
Personally, I think that it's a sad statement the wearing a ring, or not
wearing a ring really doesn't tell you much anymore.

Lisa

Old June 28th 04, 05:28 PM
Karen O'Mara

"V" wrote in message ...

I hear ya Kate!

I read the ring was a metaphor in the OP. If a ring was
mystical/magical enough to disuade behavior, women would find a way to
have rings permanently attached. My husband didn't own a wedding ring
because he worked construction and it could have been dangerous to
wear. Seeking affection/attention from other women wasn't an issue...
he had lots of issues, but that wasn't one of them.

Some men do/say anything to get what they want, I suppose. (Look at
Scott Peterson.) But, so do some single men.

Married men can be great friends. But, sometimes the definition of
friends is as different as can be between the two friends. I think
women sometimes choose married men for intimate relationships because
it actually derails a more intimate and committed relationship. iow,
the woman needs to look to herself for the blame of these
relationships taking over her life and time...

Karen

Gassy Baby? Wrangler 4x4 Breastfeeding 12 March 12th 04 05:54 PM
Gripe Water Kat Pregnancy 22 March 9th 04 12:28 AM
Gripe water :) zolw Pregnancy 9 January 17th 04 01:09 AM
My turn to gripe Karen Askey Breastfeeding 0 July 21st 03 01:42 AM