Pregnancy surprise! For the MOM!

Old October 8th 03, 09:29 AM
AZ Astrea

Default Pregnancy surprise! For the MOM!

So whoever out there who said a person couldn't hide a pregnancy needs to
think again.

~AZ~

Pregnancy Surprise: Baby Born In Family's Toilet
Mon Oct 6, 1:52 PM ET Add Local - WLWT ChannelCincinnati.com to My Yahoo!

Amber Roth thought she was unable to have more children, but she learned
otherwise Saturday morning when her new son dropped into her family's
toilet.

Roth didn't know she was pregnant, even after a visit to the doctor several
months ago. Her doctor suspected she was pre-menopausal, so he took her off
birth control

Roth, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 16 years ago, uses a
wheelchair and is mostly numb from the waist down. In the weeks following
the diagnosis, she continued to feel like something wasn't right, WLWT
Eyewitness News 5's Raegan Butler reported.

"My clothes were getting tighter," she said. "My belly was sore and also my
back."

At 6:15 a.m. Saturday, the mystery was solved, and Roth received the
surprise of a lifetime.

"I was going from the toilet to my chair and ended up on the floor," she
said. "Then I heard these gurgling noises."

Her husband, Thomas Roth, came to the rescue.

"I noticed in the toilet, there was something in there," he said. "I said,
'Oh my God! There's a baby in there! I can't believe it!"

Thomas Roth called 911 as he held the 2-pound, 8-ounce boy in his arms. The
crying infant was clearly audible on a tape of the call to 911.

Roth: "She dropped a baby in our toilet. I pulled it out and it's alive."

911 Operator: "But you got the baby out of the toilet?"

Roth: "Yeah, yeah. Hear it?"

By Sunday evening, Amber Roth was home from the hospital.

"I think I was in a total state of shock," she said.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," added Thomas Roth. "It was like
seeing something out of a movie."

Family members said they consider the unique delivery a miracle, a blessing
and everything in between. The icing on the cake for Thomas Roth is that
another male Roth may possibly carry on the family name.

"There's only been me as the only boy," he said. "I had no way of carrying
on the name, and now the name goes on."

Dwight Thomas Roth Jr. is doing well, according to his doctors, but he will
need to stay at Children's Hospital for about three months, Butler reported.