sleep walking

Old June 21st 07, 01:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
tishtash

Default sleep walking

i do not know what you think a nine month old child is capably of but she
walks and crawls round her cot i know she is sleeping because her eyes are
closed or opening and looking into nothing all i asked was did any of you
know anything about sleep walking in babys not what is she doing and i did
not as for advise i asked if you know anything about sleep walking so if you
do not do not bother to write then
#and i have a thnk you to a Kat and Sue because you are the onlys ones that
have written about sleep walking

Old June 21st 07, 01:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Okay, so is the child getting out of the crib to then sleep walk around the
house?

If so, then the net over the crib would help.

Is the child just moving around in the crib, but not getting up?

If so, then I am not sure that would be a problem in itself. Is the child
getting hurt?
The website I looked at for sleepwalking suggests that the child get a
little more sleep and that has proven to dramatically improve the sleep
walking. Here is the website

http://www.drgreene.com/21_379.html
--
Sue

news

Old June 21st 07, 04:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Tishtash" wrote in message
news
i do not know what you think a nine month old child is capably of but she
walks and crawls round her cot i know she is sleeping because her eyes are
closed or opening and looking into nothing all i asked was did any of you
know anything about sleep walking in babys not what is she doing and i did
not as for advise i asked if you know anything about sleep walking so if
you do not do not bother to write then
#and i have a thnk you to a Kat and Sue because you are the onlys ones
that have written about sleep walking

Oh lord. Take a chill pill. This is a forum where people come with
questions looking for advice. Excuse us if we misunderstood your post and
thought you were looking to solve a problem or get reassurance. This is not
a library, where you can just access articles on whatever you want. As you
can see from the majority of the responses, most people are asking for
additional clarification, if the question is, "is it normal for my daughter
to do this?" or is it "how do I keep her safe while she's doing it?" or "is
this okay, and is there anything I need to do?" or something else all
together.

Do you have a history of sleepwalking in your family? If so, then she may
well be starting to show her own sleepwalking tendancies. If you don't have
any history of sleepwalking in your family, then it might well be what I
(and others) said, which is just a phase that babies go through where they
crawl, or stand up in their cribs in the middle of the night, while asleep,
because they are learning a new skill. It happens, and then it stops. How
long has your daughter been walking, and how long has she been standing and
walking in her crib in the middle of the night?

If you don't want to answer any of these questions and still feel that all
you want is an article about sleepwalking in babies, then you may be out of
luck. There may not be a lot (or any) of articles about sleepwalking in
babies, either because it doesn't happen (as in, it's just a developmental
phase that they can go through, but not really sleepwalking per se), or
because in children and adults who tend to sleepwalk, it hasn't been shown
to start in babies, or it's not common enough to have any articles written
about it.

Have a nice day.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 21st 07, 04:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
"Tishtash" wrote in message
news
[...]

There was a program I watched on TV not too long ago about sleep walking.
It was about a family - mom, dad and IIRC, 2 younger daughters around 8 and
10 years old.
The dad and the older daugher, I believe, were sleepwalkers. The youngest
daughter and mom weren't, really, but when they started to study the family,
they found the youngest daughter was starting to show possible signs. She
would do some drastic movements very similar to what the dad did at night
(sitting upright out of nowhere, sitting up and talking about random stuff
that made no sense, etc). The oldest and dad both would get up and would
get somewhat voilent (for lack of a better word) and thrash about.
They did some tests and found that there was a certain gene, IIRC, that
seems to be common in sleepwalkers and that it is genetic and passed down.
Funny thing was, the dad did not carry this gene but the mom did. Both
girls, I believe, had it as well. (again, the mom did not sleepwalk) It
was quite interesting all around.

Old June 21st 07, 08:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
tishtash

Thank you Kat and Sue you both seem to be the olny ones that can read and
understand what i am saying so thank you both for the insight that you have
given me.

Old June 21st 07, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:30:15 +0100, "Tishtash" wrote:

Thank you Kat and Sue you both seem to be the olny ones that can read and
understand what i am saying so thank you both for the insight that you have
given me.

Well, your lengthy run-on sentence aside.... you are accessing Usenet.
This is not a forum in which people only respond the way you wish. If
you hope to receive more than just one or two responses you might want
to broaden your horizons a bit and be more open to other people
responding to your post.

Nan

Old June 23rd 07, 10:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
tishtash

NAN WHY DONT YOU START AND READ WHAT I SAID AND THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPLY TO MY POST THEN DO JUST KNOW I DONT CARE ABOUT
WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY UNLESS ITS WHAT I ASKED FOR HOW IS THAT FOR A LONG
SENTANCE.

Old June 24th 07, 12:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Tishtash" wrote in message
NAN WHY DONT YOU START AND READ WHAT I SAID AND THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPLY TO MY POST THEN DO JUST KNOW I DONT CARE
ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY UNLESS ITS WHAT I ASKED FOR HOW IS THAT FOR A
LONG SENTANCE.

Get a clue, dip****. We don't care either. This is usenet, and this is how
people use it. If you don't like it, instead of yelling at us about it,
just go away.

So Nan, how's the kids? : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 24th 07, 03:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:27:57 +0100, "Tishtash" wrote:

NAN WHY DONT YOU START AND READ WHAT I SAID AND THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPLY TO MY POST THEN DO JUST KNOW I DONT CARE ABOUT
WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY UNLESS ITS WHAT I ASKED FOR HOW IS THAT FOR A LONG
SENTANCE.

It's too hard to read when you're yelling.

Nan

toe walking lulublue2 General 3 September 2nd 06 11:58 AM
Toe walking newmama General 13 March 24th 06 05:46 AM
14 months and not walking Neil Rutman General 7 February 15th 05 09:02 PM
Knee Walking J Twins & Triplets 9 May 23rd 04 07:53 PM
Not walking yet anon Kids Health 6 December 9th 03 12:58 PM