My CS Arrears are increasing by $586/month, but I'm no Deadbeat.

Old May 5th 04, 11:13 AM
Cameron Stevens

Default My CS Arrears are increasing by $586/month, but I'm no Deadbeat.

On May 1st an imputed income of $75,000 kicked in and I now owe $1362 per
month, $586 more than the amount I should be paying or will pay. The change
is due to a lack of agreement between my ex-wife and I and while she agrees
with the numbers she will not sign a re-phrased contract to be *safe* for me
in the future, instead insisting on a contract sample set out in the
judgment.

So. I'm no Deadbeat. If I do nothing I would be Dead Broke. While I have a
path to resolution using the courts, this is an example of the CP having so
much power that abusing it is as simple and being stubborn and/or
inconsiderate.

The only good news is that due to contact with my M.P.P., the Premier of
Ontario, and the Minister of Community and Social Services the FRO (gov't
enforcement agency) will not be enforcing the new amount because of my
diligence in paying CS to date, and my currently unresolved negotiations
with my ex-wife.

Look for updates at: http://forfairchildsupport.netfirms.com

Cameron