kindergarten

Old July 23rd 04, 07:15 PM
Rowanyx19

Default kindergarten

Hi there
My boys will be starting in the Fall. At the school they will be going to they
leave the option to keep them together in kind up to the parents..after that
they prefer to separate them.
I asked to keep them together for this year anyway. My concerns are
this...Brandon is fine to be without his brother. He would be the 1st to jump
all over someone tho if they dared offend his brother. Nick is more needy of
Brandon in social situations although he is the furthest thing from shy you
could imagine. Id like to have them together for th etransition but I think
after kind I will have no problem letting them be separated.
I am not sure of the cutoff age here..they just turned 5 in June so they are a
young 5. SO Im a little bit worried about that too.

Tracy

Old July 24th 04, 05:17 PM
multimom4

They were in the same class at preschool, but we separated them
starting with summer camp/kindergarten. The main reason for it is
that our daughter wanted to be separated. She said that our son often
bothered her in class. He was upset to be separated because he really
likes being near her. I guess that had something to do with her
complaints. When she tried to sit with other kids, he kept pushing
his way in.

The cutoff date in our public school district is Dec. 1. Our kids
were born in October, which means they'll be young for their class.
I'm a little concerned, since they're also physically small for their
age, especially our boy. But they seem to handle themselves pretty
well in general, so they'll probably be OK.

Aha, December 1, got it. Wish we had had that for mine -- we only do half
day K here in public school so that would have been fine for EHC.

My thought on your son's disappointment at not being together is to stress
that they will ride the bus together (if they will, of course), and have
recess together (I assume ...) and so on. Plus any other activities -- like
after school daycare or swim class or whatever. And how they can share
stories at the end of the day, blah blah.

Then depending on how it will go over, you can also lay it on thick about
how much fun it is not to have to share a teacher ... my kids got a *huge*
kick out of that when we split them for 1st grade.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old July 25th 04, 08:03 PM
Andrea

Oh Stephanie, I can't believe your boys will be in kindergarten already! Are
you sad or are you taking it in stride?

Good Luck,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison