newsgroups for kids with special needs

Old January 27th 04, 06:05 PM
daisy

Default newsgroups for kids with special needs

Hi
Does anyone know of a newsgroup that is geared to infants with special
needs?
TIA
Daisy

Old January 27th 04, 06:12 PM
Tracey

try looking up the particular issue (ie search for "learning disability' or
'spina bifida' or 'brain tumor' or whatever. I don't know of any specific
to special needs infants, but not all isps subscribe to all newsgroups.
You might also try googling un a 'groups' search.
good luck finding what you need!

Old January 27th 04, 06:13 PM
Circe

daisy wrote:
Does anyone know of a newsgroup that is geared to infants with special
needs?

I don't know of any newsgroups particularly for infants, but there are
probably a lot of newsgroups focussing on individual types of "special
needs" or disabilities. You might also try Yahoo Groups on the web, since
there are groups on pretty much every conceivable topic there!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [22 mos.] mom)

Financing for "5" years -- car dealership sign

Mommy: I call you "baby" because I love you.
Julian (age 4): Oh! All right, Mommy baby.

Old January 27th 04, 07:06 PM
HCN

"daisy" wrote in message
Hi
Does anyone know of a newsgroup that is geared to infants with special
needs?
TIA
Daisy

It usually depends on the child's disability... a parent of a child with a
seizure disorder may not necesarily have the same issues as a child with a
chromosomal disorder. You should use caution whenever looking for
information over the internet. There are unscrupulous people who think
nothing of scamming desperate parents of disabled kids out of money.

Here is one place to start: http://www.our-kids.org/

Old January 28th 04, 06:20 AM
chiam margalit

"HCN" wrote in message news:ZMxRb.37266$U%5.214001@attbi_s03...
"daisy" wrote in message
Hi
Does anyone know of a newsgroup that is geared to infants with special
needs?
TIA
Daisy

It usually depends on the child's disability... a parent of a child with a
seizure disorder may not necesarily have the same issues as a child with a
chromosomal disorder. You should use caution whenever looking for
information over the internet. There are unscrupulous people who think
nothing of scamming desperate parents of disabled kids out of money.

Here is one place to start: http://www.our-kids.org/

As one of the founders of that group, oh, mumble mumble years ago, I
can say that it's a REALLY wonderful resource, although the founders
are long gone raising their special needs adolescents at this point.
But it's a GREAT listserv.

Marjorie

Correction - special ed kids and no child left behind John Stone General 2 December 3rd 03 12:04 PM
Special request Iggie General 0 October 16th 03 03:48 AM
Did anyone tape the Hilary Duff special? Iowacookiemom General 10 September 26th 03 02:20 PM
| Database should audit high $$ in Foster Care system Kane General 3 July 15th 03 06:43 AM
SPECIAL MESSAGE from Bots-R-Us -- All Infested News Groups - ConradBot Ed Conrad General 0 July 8th 03 01:48 PM