A bit of a vent :-)

Old October 27th 03, 03:57 AM
Twinzmommie

Default A bit of a vent :-)

I'm not going to post details here, but my wife was over 40 when we
conceived fraternal twins; obviously we had fertility treatment. BRBR

Actually, her age does not make it obvious. Many woman who are on the later
side of the child bearing years often sometimes drop more then one egg in a
cycle. The fact that she was over 40 does give a hint, but it certainly does
not make it "obvious" that fertility methods were used.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Old October 27th 03, 01:53 PM
Ellen Kmetz

It's probably just my perception, but I've been interpeting "do
twins run in your family" as a slightly nicer way of asking "did
you take fertility drugs?"

That is interesting. I had never thought of that question in that light
before.
I've been asked that countless times. Now I wonder if that is what they are
getting at.

I never thought about it either, until now. I do think some people really do
think that's the only way people have twins, if they run in the family. But
others probably are just trying to pry. I have never answered that question
any way other than "no, they are IVF babies". I have NO problem talking about
it and never have. But I totally understand people who don't care to bring
that into the conversation.

I guess part of the reason I am so open about it is because of the help it can
bring someone who asks. I once answered the twin question to a woman who I
sort of knew as an aquaintance and came to find out that she and her DH were
just about to start fertility treatment, etc. We became good friends and I was
her "source" of info. throughout. She was very grateful to be able to talk to
someone who had been through it. I realize that those situations are few and
far between, but it's just another viewpoint.

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old October 27th 03, 04:21 PM
The Huwe Family

Megan,

Thank you, I'll ask my doc.

I asked about the vaccine and was told that they didn't give them to babies
who were born after 30 weeks or so, but then I'd been told by others that
they give it to preemies period. I think I will ask.

Gayle
"Megan Byrne" wrote in message
Gayle,
I don't want to tell you what to do and it's not a case of 'fear ruling
your life', but I'd just be careful bringing them into stores and
restaurants. Going for a walk outside or church sounds OK. Well, with
cold.flu season coming, I wouldn't bring them to church even. Have you
asked your pedi's advice? Mine reccommended I stay home for as long as
possible, since my twins were born around the same time as your
triplets. I know it is tough, believe me, but if you can keep them
healthy through this first winter things will be great!! Mine really
have not been sick yet. We had our first runny noses this week. Will you
be getting the RSV vaccines?

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old October 27th 03, 05:09 PM
Kimme mik

Hi all,
Personally, I don't like taking my twins out all too much. Especially
with all of my other kids. My oldest is 15, then 13, 8, and the twin
girls. What a specticle we are. People don't know what to think and yes,
they do ask stupid intrusive questions. I knew this was going to be a
issue the day we left the hospital and had 20 or so curious onlookers.
As for the RSV.....check out the info avaliable on-line. Our
pediatrition did recommend the synagist injections for the twins. (they
were 34 W, n breathing problems) We still haven't made a decision
weather to get it or not, but we have out appt. on Nov. 5th. Check into
it soon though as the RSV season is here.
Also, I agree, you can't live your life in fear or stay in and drive
yourself banannas all the time. I think its ok to go out as long as you
use common sense which I'm sure you do.
Kim Twin girls 9/21/03

Old October 27th 03, 05:40 PM
Megan Byrne

Default A bit of a vent :-)-Gayle

I was told that preemies born 34 weeks and younger were eligible for the
RSV vaccine. Mine were 33w 3d. It is expensive, so I could see ins. cos.
arguing it, but really, ask about it. The vaccines actually run
Oct.-Apr., so call today!!

Old October 27th 03, 07:36 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Kimme mik wrote:
Hi all,
Personally, I don't like taking my twins out all too much.

Especially
with all of my other kids. My oldest is 15, then 13, 8,

and the twin
girls. What a specticle we are. People don't know what to

think and
yes, they do ask stupid intrusive questions.

I agree, my 'Are they all your's' 'how do you cope' 'where
do you put them all' 'How many bedrooms do you have' 'Did
you plan such a large family' 'Are you having any more' 'Is
this *it* then' 'Haven't you heard of contraception' 'Don't
you have a T.V' questions FAR outway my twin questions from
people. It's rare we go out all together these day's, I tend
to take them out in smaller groups or individually to avoid
the gogglers and questions.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

VENT: crappy lunchtime toypup General 5 April 28th 04 05:53 AM
odd pain vent Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 14 March 1st 04 04:31 AM
frustrated with nurse advice VENT & question (long) toypup Pregnancy 20 February 18th 04 04:30 AM
Random vent Clisby Williams Pregnancy 55 August 21st 03 12:50 AM
I have to vent Denise Breastfeeding 17 July 22nd 03 03:05 AM